DM-UTDM-NPC-XC-EpicTown

Show us and share your created maps.
evilgrins

DM-UTDM-NPC-XC-EpicTown

Post by evilgrins »

Since FraGnBraG opened up his EpicTown map for editing to anyone, I started poking at it.

This happened around the time the Master Servers for Unreal/UT started shutting down and part of the discussion was what are we going to do when there's no more playing our favorite game online? Well, I largely don't play online and I find active maps even without other human players is where it's at... hence all the UTDM-monsters in map edits I do.

But I had some other ideas too.

EpicTown, for those unfamiliar, is a massive city map of several city blocks. It's made up of other city maps which Epic made, all put together. Place is so large you could potentially go around for 10 minutes and not run into anybody else...
...at least originally.

In order to deal with the possibility of not being able to play against others much at all, I populated the map with a bunch of UTDM-monsters & NPC-bots. Juggled around who, what, and where until I got proportions I liked. There's UTDMT in the tunnels (had to open up the tunnels) & various types of customized Skaarj all over the place. There were other things I added, then removed, but overall the map is well populated in a way that's very fun for me.

Hopefully for others as well.

How carried away did I get?
That's the map with no human players and none of the UT-bots.

I originally had a Cyberus in the secret room, that's down under the map...
...but replaced it with a Sentry; little hovering ball I've used in a couple edits.

DO NOT PLAY THE MAP IN TEAM DEATHMATCH! I was in the process of editing the map for team games when I lost access to UnrealEd. Most of the UTDM are good to go for that, I'd been discussing making NPC-bots capable of being team assigned with OjitroC (different post for another time) and I was going to swap the PlayerBot with a ZenCoder map embedded bot soon.

The issue is, for those unaware, if you play a map with active elements that can score which are not team assigned... any kills they make by default goto the Gold Team. So unless you're on the Gold Team it will seriously suck for you!

Usual Suspects:
.u - /system
.umx - /music
.unr - /maps
.utx - /textures

Enjoy!
https://www.mediafire.com/file/yf622nke ... icTown.zip
Have you hugged a Skaarj today?
Skaarj need love too!
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/