FragMe BANNED ME

General community discussions here.
Chrescht_{HoF}

Re: FragMe BANNED ME

Post by Chrescht_{HoF} »

This is really sad, and I do not understand what this is all about. I will not play on Evil's server until this ban is lifted. 8-)
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Mastersl wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:57 pm Ohhh, i see this ...
... man....
Let's see what is about.
Heston and Kevin were having an old agreement for supporting UT with a server (it was pretty successful). The fact is... my access over there can be restricted in seconds if I do damage. This server is Kevin's server and then... I don't take main decisions over there, obviously I have no rights to do that. You can imagine that I can firewall everyone but this is not how the staff should demonstrate any uber hyper power.
Even in the past was a post toward whatever "admins" more or less clueless about UE1 and showing their power at those willing to help and reacting in the wrong way.

All members who like that server should be aware that Blue's server has now a copy in the same machine with the same resources. Fans might be recommending what mods should be used and maps recommendations if they want to help Jamie in doing another good server. It's up on people - to not forget those paying for maintaining these servers and probably money these days are not a small problem for everyone. Sponsors are having the final word.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.
- Pablo Picasso -
BluEyedBitch_{HoF}

Post by BluEyedBitch_{HoF} »

I will be back online soon hopefully within a few days , just moved to Arizona and things are crazayyy at the moment but I will be back to start helping with this momentarily. Remember , I am open to opinions and suggestions ! I want everyone to enjoy themselves and with ease of mind .. no barking orders or damning someone for not liking a specific mod or weapon. I hope y’all are having fun and I’ll see you soon
I'll Shoot You...
...Even in the Back
Kelly

Post by Kelly »

BluEyedBitch_{HoF} wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:24 am no barking orders or damning someone for not liking a specific mod or weapon
That's 80% of the discussion on UT forums ;)
I don’t wanna give the end away
but we’re gonna die one day
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Do you know when I was interested about How to do a server ?

Years ago I was playing CTF in a server. At a moment I got banned for "high ping". I had 70-80 ms ping on a DSL line. When I checked browser, I could see other players having 100+ and still playing. I don't get the point for my ban not even now days. But I had a deduction: Admin must be a 24/7 moron, born moron and living like a native moron in all the way. Then I said: I think it's time to figure how to be admin in own yard and let's see who dares to ban me in my own yard - if they are able to do that :tease: . That was my start. Now Jamie, it's your turn to get your own server, managed as you consider. This ban of you reminds me what old people are saying in this area: A kick in butt it's a step forward. It's time to grow in rank and be admin of your own yard. You will be the LAW.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
Kelly

Post by Kelly »

Nels is 100% correct. I'll never play again on a server I either don't own outright or that I don't have admin access. Way too many asshat admins and shit players out there. It's also one of the reasons that HoF is pretty much the only UT place I post at. Heston and Nels are nice enough to allow me onto staff so I don't worry about being censored.
I don’t wanna give the end away
but we’re gonna die one day
evilgrins

Post by evilgrins »

Kelly wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:14 pmIt's also one of the reasons that HoF is pretty much the only UT place I post at.
Have you hugged a Skaarj today?
Skaarj need love too!
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

I don't see logic reasons for censoring. UT last time required at least 18 years old due to stuff embedded. It's not like kids should be involved. We have our more or less fancy language but this is what we are...
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
a$']['®õ_{HoF}

Post by a$']['®õ_{HoF} »

i am personally glad to see things resolved as they did. I share a lot of the concerns a lot of others do here, i just still felt too "new" to complain really.

Also admin team, i have some gfx design skills, some linux server admin experience. if i can be of assistance, let me know please!
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

a$']['®õ_{HoF} wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:27 pm I share a lot of the concerns a lot of others do here, i just still felt too "new" to complain really.
You can tell us what is about, it's not like a new guy should not speak if there is something to say.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -