Servers State

Nelsona

Re: Servers State

Post by Nelsona »

Files that are sitting in Evil's server are mainly unchanged, only ACE was added. I have to look at mod's date for figuring if it's new (updated) or old. If file is old, then must be something related to ACE that clearly does certain fixes - not only cheat protections (if memory doesn't cheat me - I read a bit those ACE documents).
Some players were getting used to deal with certain bugs using them in their favor (as I did with codes), when things are fixed those "cute" bugs won't be used any more. Keep in mind that this ACE is aiming both 451 and 469, and then I can expect injecting fixes which 451 is not having, only 469. Movement assets were clearly changed in 469 as described in docs.
Aside note: Each of these versions post original 436 has changes. Let me point a simple one: zooming any weapon. If server is set with this permission, it's not like 451 player can do it (for me it did not work)... and then... I have to investigate files for figuring if something is not changed by ACE, not with files. Jamie's Server doesn't have ACE - she did not do this request, either way Heston was not happy at a moment because old ACE versions when was used XC_Engine for its fixes caused almost a machine collapse. We had to sit away from ACE things for a while.

Edit: If you want me to say what I don't like in this stage called "Sniper Servers" generally, it's generic game stage: dark everything (especially for my eyes - I really hate this) - some spots are really dark doesn't matter render settings, lazy Bots just waiting to die, spawning a lot facing a stupid wall, dumb settings generally embedded in maps...
Clearly if I will ever do a Sniper Server things won't go this way. Mods creating light, Hunters always visible everywhere - I want to see combat shooting skill not "hide-and-seek" like in kinder-garden. Spawning and quickly figuring environment not a lousy wall. Aaaand... I can see through certain walls and ACE does not kick me - lol Textures...
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.
- Pablo Picasso -
Cool Cat

Post by Cool Cat »

Well this problems started before ACE. Also UM (Unreal Mayhem) clan have 469 server with ace 1.2e and yesterday double jump + anti-gravity bots worked just fine there just like they work fine on Blue's server.
So i am not sure about ACE at all. Cause as i said - problems with this started BEFORE ACE. But it really hammers my gameplay - because i used to heavily rely on this feature and now on Evil's Server its just not working almost at all.
Image Image
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Then... I'll hunt file for a small examination...
While I was dropping an eye at those "kicks", I think here is about a duplicate package load. I had the same files in cache and not kicked, but some players seem to get kicked. Some of these weapons are self mapping as packages. Without XC_Engine they need to be "Packages" but right now XC assets are working and so I think a duplicate load was tasked... This duplicate load might be doing other extra-damage out of kicking problem.
I'll track other events too...

Something found:
In MapVote there are assigned TWO DoubleJump mods, some weapons using "initial ?" version, others using DJV3. Clearly these two are not the same. And... both of them are "ServerPackages". It doesn't surprises me such funky reactions... Configuration on this way it's not my choice... As far as I can see Jamie has only V3 and not two mixed versions. Perhaps your options for movement have been found frustrating and then... somebody has changed rules. Once again I do not do any weapon/options choices. Also those bugged bots/skins are not my doing...
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
Cool Cat

Post by Cool Cat »

Nelsona wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 3:32 pm Something found:
In MapVote there are assigned TWO DoubleJump mods, some weapons using "initial ?" version, others using DJV3. Clearly these two are not the same. And... both of them are "ServerPackages". It doesn't surprises me such funky reactions... Configuration on this way it's not my choice... As far as I can see Jamie has only V3 and not two mixed versions. Perhaps your options for movement have been found frustrating and then... somebody has changed rules. Once again I do not do any weapon/options choices. Also those bugged bots/skins are not my doing...
Probably that's it. Cause, for example, one weapon - like lsdm - Liquid Steel gun, Double jump+dodge flight do not working well. And with some of the Flac Cannon's its work flawlessly.
So the question now is what to do? I want normal server work back.
Perhaps your options for movement have been found frustrating and then... somebody has changed rules.
No i doubt that Evil-1 add second Double Jump to screw me.
More like while adding new weapons, like, lsdm - Liquid Steel gun, there was added accidentally second mutator Double Jump. And this screw server - other players did not notice that, because only top-notch gamers, like me, use that unusual game-style, thus why until i complained nobody really notice that or just didn't care much.

So the question is - this need to be fixed. I guess one of the mutators should be deleted? Which one? That mutator that tied to lsdm - Liquid Steel gun is definitely bugged. At least Evil-1 and Schwartz should be informed about this annoying glitch - it screw the game-play. And help noobs who siting in dark corners and not moving.
Image Image
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

I have to admit that there could be glitches in various levels, starting with small ones and continuing with "medium" ones noticed only by advanced players.
Some things which I don't like it's calling functions from other mutator a second time. Engine it's ALREADY CALLING POSTBEGINPLAY natively, but we need a double execution for nothing. Other code won't reveal "accessed none" errors but this doesn't mean that are perfect as code format.. and so on. "Flaws" concerning sudden movement acceleration are probably known and weren't welcomed (I guess). ACE revealed itself flaws regarding to what I was wondering years ago - duplicated packages.
Clearly player thrown out for some weapon was executed due to another the same package loaded. Here is a wrong deal with XC assets.

Something as sample:

Code: Select all

Super.PostBeginPlay(); //Useless
	if ( int(ConsoleCommand("get ini:Engine.Engine.GameEngine XC_Version")) >= 11 )
		AddToPackageMap();
      	if ( NextMutator != None )  //USELESS
		NextMutator.PostBeginPlay();
And then... something which I'm using:

if ( Level.NetMode == NM_ListenServer || Level.NetMode == NM_DedicatedServer )
			{
				if (!IsInPackageMap())
				{
					log ("ServerPackages for"@GetPackageOrigin(Self)@"not set... perform update...");
					AddToPackageMap();
					if (IsInPackageMap())
						log ("Successfully added"@GetPackageOrigin(Self)@"in Packages Mapping...");
					else
					{
						log ("FAILED adding"@Self.Outer.Name@"in Packages you need to configure manually ServerPackages >>");
						log ("Example >> ServerPackages="$GetPackageOrigin(Self));
					}
				}
			}
I simply map this need as package ONLY if is NOT a Package and pointing potential issues not just blindly adding packages...
And things could have other bubbles elsewhere as well.

The rest of assets which I wrote for this server have another purpose, mods and weapons are not my work, I solved problems pointed in prior years caused by lousy flaws from maps, the rest is not my problem.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

This is what I saw when I dropped an eye at server today...
Floods_8_6.PNG
Floods_8_6.PNG (120.76 KiB) Viewed 9443 times
Not the only one from last time...

One of Floods has address from the same family used by some player which I did not see in the nearby past. If that fellow keeps going this way I think I'll block him...
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

A bit of bump...
Floods_8_19.PNG
Floods_8_19.PNG (123.64 KiB) Viewed 9380 times
Usually I'm reacting a little bit in any of such cases. I went at maintenance interface and... I did some settings over there, right now I think these will get lost at main connection without to touch VDS box but... connection stability depends on how much charge is delivered - pointing this at main HOST.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Bump time

The work for removing VDS access from places where intruders are detected and/or countries that were declared "Enemies of Internet" it's in progress.

This works this way
It was connected - it won't be in future. Clearly I won't post every single event, but it's not like I don't check VDS box.

< UA > Image
Робота з усунення доступу до VDS з місць, де виявляються зловмисників та/або країни, які були оголошені "ворогами Інтернету", це триває.

< RU > Image
Работа по удалению доступа к VDS из мест, где обнаруживаются злоумышленников и/или страны, которые были объявлены «врагами интернета», это в процессе.

< DE > Image
Die Arbeit zum Entfernen von VDS -Zugang von Orten, an denen Eindringlinge entdeckt werden, und/oder Länder, die als "Feinde des Internets" erklärt wurden, ist im Gange.

< SP > Image
El trabajo para eliminar el acceso a VDS desde lugares donde se detectan los intrusos y/o países que fueron declarados "enemigos de Internet", está en progreso.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Secondary Point.
ACE kicks out player that cannot be checked for some reason.

Admin activity
Checking if it happens only for that player multiple times.
Checking if IP address used is listed on Internet as malicious, threat, spam, with other words a less friendly place. Writing firewall policies for denial of future connections coming from that spot if issues have been found. If connection is borked and user doesn't switch to a better option, he won't play, ACE kicks him out and he is only exhausting slots for nothing - that's why I block buggers, it is not like they help with something.

Already we have such cases - the fellow from East and from Everywhere used addresses that are listed as abusive/malicious as well. Other which was pointed to me in private messages as cheater has evaded from ACE checks - he was kicked by ACE multiple times. Address used is a black-listed one - VDS access restriction has been applied.

Moving on...
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Some sort of "high skilled" one... was trying to gain... no prize.

[ACEv12e]: +------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
[ACEv12e]: |                                  Player Kick                                 |
[ACEv12e]: +------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
[ACEv12e]: PlayerName.....: --LinuX--
[ACEv12e]: |                                 Kick Reasons                                 |
[ACEv12e]: KickReason.....: Illegal UFunction Call or Property Access
[ACEv12e]: Func/Prop......: FastTrace
[ACEv12e]: Callee_4.......: Function YouAreHereNW.2022.GetTarget
[ACEv12e]: Callee_3.......: Function YouAreHereNW.2022.GetTargets
[ACEv12e]: Callee_2.......: Function YouAreHereNW.2022.Aim
[ACEv12e]: Callee_1.......: Function YouAreHereNW.2022.Tick
[ACEv12e]: Callee_0.......: Function YouAreHereNW.2022.Tick<<<
Probably he was trying to dominate The Citizen from Rostov...
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -