Map assessment and pathing enhancements

Show us and share your created maps.
evilgrins

Re: Map assessment and pathing enhancements

Post by evilgrins »

Nelsona wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 9:45 am There are more lousy useless things that are simply too many, they are bugging the stage more than helping if we talk about A.I. habits.
For those reading these and are slow minded there is a simple information: Any INVENTORY has a "RESPAWNTIME". Instead of loading a lot of trash this can be accelerated normally at 6 seconds or less and nothing gets hurt.
The rest of dumbness means 6000 health for a "WoodenBox" - it will require firing 6000 points damage for a free way. Any reason for such thing except some mental issues ? Are we hunting monsters or decorations ? This is "MonsterHunt" after all...
You've mentioned the boxes before, and my thought was along the lines of preventing players from getting too far ahead or mixing monsters as they tend to kill each other.

Although, that said, I love mixing monsters as they tend to kill each other... which is why there's a "redeemer" in the first room. To both eliminate monsters quick and it takes out the boxes... but while lowering the box health a smidge may be warranted I wouldn't lower it too much.
Nelsona wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 9:45 amAre we hunting monsters or decorations?
There actually is a monster package where you can fight boxes and books and other usually non-moving things.
Have you hugged a Skaarj today?
Skaarj need love too!
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Yeah, things done for those ZERO skilled ones which cannot kill a pupae with 3 rockets. Never mind some day I'll do a MonsterHunt map... without monsters...
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.
- Pablo Picasso -
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Resuming subject...
For some reason DevPath looks a bit lazy here, it's probably geometry aspect and SpawnPoints that were doing a lot of connections, perhaps I'll go another way.
Due to over-crowded placement of SpawnPoints, in certain spots DevPath a la Goblin it's adding fake Specs that have no real usage. I did a CleanUp and connecting missing needs. MonsterEnd trigger might end game in the same way if it's placed normally reachable and not for planes and birds accepting Bots to finish map.
Editor check concerning logic links returns a fully operational stage. The rest means run-time factors.

Game subject
Not much AMMO for those uber sniper rifles - one of them is not even seen in editing session as it has no mesh in default properties. That redeemer often leaves a red light where it was used - It's not like you need to crawl back in Spawn spot for reloading and... healing. As result, clearly it needs a few completions here and there.
In last area I did paths in a sort of circle for making Bots to be more intensive in stage - perhaps not helping a lot due to "Removers" that are powerful. It could help in other mods if those things are using over-powered hunters.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
evilgrins

Post by evilgrins »

Nelsona wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:38 pmNot much AMMO for those uber sniper rifles
At least initially, not a huge issue. Getting overrun by the 1st monster is fairly common, don't tend to survive long... although I always play MH with an ammo/health regenerator.
Nelsona wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:38 pmone of them is not even seen in editing session as it has no mesh in default properties
Did make mapping with it challenging.
Nelsona wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:38 pmThat redeemer often leaves a red light where it was used - It's not like you need to crawl back in Spawn spot for reloading and... healing. As result, clearly it needs a few completions here and there.
Only problem I have with the Deemer, despite it being my fave, is the music it plays. If I could disable that aspect alone, it would be bliss.
Skaarj need love too!
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

I'm not interested in any REGENERATOR, MonsterHunt did not include this sort of "no skill" additions. It is a MonsterHunt map not a "required mods" map.

Music and Redeemer ?
To me is a lousy thing. If you switch repeatedly to that redeemer, it fires that "song" multiple times and doing SPAM noise, it's stupid. Prior edit which I did to this map for me it's indeed something for playing it, because I play maps not spectating maps. To mention that this "Redeemer" need also to be charged from time to time not just to be guided. Healing and charging to me are normal mapping needs not X mods used for X maps.
Here is something... If it needs anything else let me know...
MH-2ndTry[EG]_wip0.7z
(151.29 KiB) Downloaded 207 times
And then... other crashes and corruptions are not my "options" - neither to sign maps as my contribution at generating more MH garbage...

Code: Select all

ScriptWarning: fireworksShell MH-2ndTry[EG]_tmp.fireworksShell0 (Function DeemerFireWorks.fireworksShell.Timer:0145) Accessed None
XC_Engine: === Last line repeats 281 times.
If it needs further editing I'll take it from forum because right now I'll delete this file.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
evilgrins

Post by evilgrins »

Nelsona wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:26 amTo me is a lousy thing. If you switch repeatedly to that redeemer, it fires that "song" multiple times and doing SPAM noise, it's stupid
One advantage of playing with bots? when that music starts up, I cycle thru the views of the bots rapidly with F5 and when I get back to me... well, the song may still be playing but I can't hear it anymore.
Skaarj need love too!
evilgrins

Post by evilgrins »

Okay, initial observation and play is good... though I'd probably do well to update this sometime later with better weapons.

I noticed you added redeemer ammo to many rooms, to no avail. While Deemer Fireworks can get more shots from picking up a normal redeemer... redeemer ammo does nothing for it. So while an interesting pickup, the ammo can't be used.
Skaarj need love too!
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Did I say that this Redeemer is a piece of crap ? No ? Then I'm saying it now... Picture, please...
RedeemerCrap.PNG
RedeemerCrap.PNG (240.4 KiB) Viewed 86423 times
As far as I can see (maybe you can see as well) Ammo name it's shown in it's properties - if Uber Crap Redeemer doesn't load it, it's because this is the way in how these things were written, mental issues or other factors which are escaping me. When a thing shows ACCESSED NONES it's not like is normal to use it. If the thing doesn't crash game this doesn't means that it works properly. Maybe you will understand why I'm deleting such things...

And then...
And then I loaded map from forum again and I did a quick check in god mode. Redeemer has been reloaded with "WarheadAmmo" from Kralls room successfully. So, to me that crap loads ammunition normally.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
evilgrins

Post by evilgrins »

Nelsona wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:29 am Did I say that this Redeemer is a piece of crap ? No ? Then I'm saying it now... Picture, please...
I know, but still it's sort of like the Millennium Falcon.

"She may not look like much but she's got it where it counts."

Now, if you want to try an edit with an alternative redeemer (UK BadBoy for example) which comes with its own ammo, there's that. But the Deemer can only get more shots by picking up another Deemer or an actual Redeemer.

Not that it needs more ammo, I kinda liked it only being a pickup from where you get it... which is why I only put 2 of those things on different levels of the map. More often than not (for those of not using Godmode) you rarely survive after firing it unless you can duck into the next room fast enough.
Skaarj need love too!
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Let's see my case, I played this for a few checks, Redeemer was loaded, clearly I'm not using it all time, only firing from entry to other room and retreating in previous room, thing does a lot of kills but it won't hurt me - because I'm not in the same room. I don't get what is so difficult in its usage. It's not rocket science.
Retreating at the right time is a normal combat behavior and I don't have issues here, even Bots are retreating in certain situations, these maps are not only for run and gun.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -