How to Identify Aimbot,Hax and cheaters?

Report problem players on our game servers here.
Nelsona

Re: How to Identify Aimbot,Hax and cheaters?

Post by Nelsona »

Those are not INI changes but Player properties changed based on a macro command bound on a key - key bindings are in User.ini.

Else a player can have other modifications directly in game and he/she won't need any INI. The problem comes to catch these. Some of those which I blocked were too dumb even for cheating, they were an easy catch.

What are for these ? For stats I suppose.... lol, data, numbers, bytes...
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.
- Pablo Picasso -
Chrescht_{HoF}

Post by Chrescht_{HoF} »

Hi!

There has just been another problem on Evil's server with somebody who seemed to be using an aimbot.

Several people tried to kick the player, but despite a rather high number of kick votes nothing happened. So I wonder how many kicks do you actually need to get rid of a player? and what does this kicking actually do? will the player be banned for an hour or so, or what will happen?

I also wonder if maybe a well implemented "kicking strategy" could possibly be simpler and more effective against cheaters than these complicated ban discussions based recorded videos. The main advantage is that you can place your kick vote immediately in the game, and if a sufficient number of people vote, then the problem could be solved immediately. Of course there should be some safeguards, to prevent for instance that a cheater with 2-3 computers can kick all honest players from the server when only a few players are around, and so on. But as the large majority of the players are honest, this kicking could be a way to get rid of the few cheaters that appear from time to time.

The main problem I see with banning people based on videos is that it is a huge effort to record and to upload the stuff and so on. Further, it is hard to see what is really going on a short video, as when you play a lot it can happen that at some point you are shooting and moving around and by pure luck you kill 2-3 players almost instantaneously, or maybe you are shooting at some place without seeing anybody standing there because you know that somebody was hiding there earlier in the game, and so on. Finally, I am not completely sure about all technical details, but I guess that bans can be circumvented by using a different computer or using a VPN and so on, so that, if they put some effort into it, banned cheaters can probably reconnect again and again.

Just my two cents. :)
Cool Cat

Post by Cool Cat »

Nelsona wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:40 am What are for these ? For stats I suppose.... lol, data, numbers, bytes...
Chrescht wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:40 pm I also wonder if maybe a well implemented "kicking strategy" could possibly be simpler and more effective against cheaters
To admins:
With how current set up on server it is almost impossible to kick aimbotters from server.
First - why Frag_Me bot always on server? Is this aint against rules of gametracker? Because of that bot we just now couldn't kick aimbotter by voting! And this is not a first time when it happens! Another time we vote to kick him, but kick are not instant there and aimbotter runaway before it was enforced. What kind of a retarded setup this is?
When i play 10 years ago on european servers there where INSTAKICK by voting and no empty bots that hang up and made voting so much harder because it is much harder to get a majority.

What i ask is simple - remove empty Bot from server and implement INSTAKICK days long from server if majority voted to kick player. Do i ask so much?

And to Chrescht:
Well spectate can only admins on this server, so how usual users can record aimbotter - they directly can not. Because they kicked from server if they try spectate. Simple as that.
Image Image
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

There are options for getting rid of "guests" but I'm afraid that they are about to be used against normal people if are handy... The only way would be talking in chat and pointing me to those words and I'll walk through logs at said date. Later I'll block address for "guest", yes he will be a winner but not for long time. Indeed idling for ranking is not a good thing, kickvotes are bugged if nobody take measures.

As next solution would be a trap. A delayed mod waiting based on a configuration, when evil "guest" is coming it will crash...
It's up on you, guys... Now let me see the logs... for evidences...

Edit: If FragMe wants to sit all day there for banning normal players and not cheaters this is not my decision. He is simply using a client for "gaming", that is not Bot is a Human normal connection but... no user at keyboard - like when I'm leaving keyboard for a coffee but without to disconnect.

In exchange, send me some messages like before in chat or forum. If player has a complex ID (name used) print me a picture with scoreboard - I need to hunt the name in cause through logs for detecting his data. We might want to see from how many addresses will join - nothing is infinite. He might win a few games, but not forever winner. Usually I'm around in week-ends, testing packages or maps, etc., adding a restriction should not take too long.

XC_Spectator has some features which can be abused later joining in game, Heston and FragMe decided to not allow spectating out of password, they weren't so glad about giving free access at spectating. Once again here is needed a server-record which at this moment is not possible due to fascinating assets used. I'm waiting (probably for ages) a well updated UT and then maybe I can use my toy from "Bounty Sniper Server" - that one has server records and there I can see who is playing and how...
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Bumping a bit the ball.
Because I worked to install ACE at Evil's request. I was looking over prior logs and images...
Kick_2017.12.07.14.45.45_SandyBridge.jpg
Kick_2017.12.07.14.45.45_SandyBridge.jpg (129.32 KiB) Viewed 3211 times
So I added address in firewall. Let me know if this will cause any issue for a cleaner SandyBridge...
And... we have a "retry later" attempt...
Kick_2017.12.07.15.26.34_SandyBridge.jpg
Kick_2017.12.07.15.26.34_SandyBridge.jpg (125.2 KiB) Viewed 3211 times
Interesting, right ?
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Getting news...

Code: Select all

[ACEv12e]: GameVersion....: 469
[ACEv12e]: Renderer.......: D3D9Drv.D3D9RenderDevice
[ACEv12e]: SoundDevice....: Galaxy.GalaxyAudioSubsystem
[ACEv12e]: CommandLine....: 
[ACEv12e]: TimeStamp......: 08-11-2023 / 16:20:39
[ACEv12e]: +------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
[ACEv12e]: |                                 Kick Reasons                                 |
[ACEv12e]: +------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
[ACEv12e]: KickReason.....: Illegal UFunction Call or Property Access
[ACEv12e]: Func/Prop......: FastTrace
[ACEv12e]: Callee_4.......: Function ZelliusMMBot.ZMMB.GetTarget
[ACEv12e]: Callee_3.......: Function ZelliusMMBot.ZMMB.GetTargets
[ACEv12e]: Callee_2.......: Function ZelliusMMBot.ZMMB.Aim
[ACEv12e]: Callee_1.......: Function ZelliusMMBot.ZMMB.Tick
[ACEv12e]: Callee_0.......: Function ZelliusMMBot.ZMMB.Tick<<<
Why cheating in 2023 ? Because we are mentally damaged, we are not payed, neither smart, but we want to look like we are awesome. "GetTargets" - from toilette, boys...
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -