Those wrong ones

Show us and share your created maps.
Nelsona

Re: Those wrong ones

Post by Nelsona »

Bump timer - some check and results.
Because that native collision in the UT 436 etc. has problems, I saw that it was worked on the subject. I did a slightly more detailed research of the "Teleporterfix103" mutator. The class called "TeleporterX" the alleged intelligent teleporter is not attacked by the mutator being an improved one.
And... if we have it directly in the map, we gain "side effects":
- the citizen entering the teleporter at that time is not injured because he will not have a collision for a small delay;
- some repairs to the Bots that are in the status Ghost for some reasons (rare cases but... it happened), will be eliminated randomly because they do not meet the collision conditions for navigation anyway - speaking about valid fixes at Bots;
- such Teleporter works crash-free (modified anyway) but... movement there is a bit hilarious - with all that "collision" workaround.
The other tech:
To me, some of those "simulated" functions don't make any sense. In a Server the real "Touch" and "Locations" are clearly server's word - "server is the man" - a document said. Net Client has lags, delays, packets lost and... it will never be in true timing with the server. As effect of mutator that was "packaged", client went into issues, so to speak the collision crash was moved from server into client - LOL fix :tease: .

And then ?
And then the mutator that ruins navigation by deactivating the original teleporters, does not help even if used directly in the map. I prefer to use the nonsense written by me that even if it does not solve the problem 100%, at least it does not break anything.

That map with this experiment was... not that bad but... the boys don't understand what to do in paths anyway, it was only a guess work. Warps are another bugged chapter and here I used "Teleporters" instead. And here TeleporterX demonstrated once again that is not exactly a great addition.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.
- Pablo Picasso -