Stuffswapper

Game conversions or mutators.
GhostHunter94

Stuffswapper

Post by GhostHunter94 »

Here's a GREAT little mutator for you: Stuffswapper.

As someone who, perhaps addictively, uses it every time im on UT, i would personally say this little mutator is PARADISE.

Okay, maybe that's an overstatement deepening on who you are and what you are like, but im serious when i say this mutator is amazing with what it can do.

Stuffswapper has a couple different menu options: Weapons, Ammo, Pick ups, Starting, Options, Config and Mods.

--

The Weapons menu is where you will put weapons of your choosing for people to pick up.

The Ammo is where you will put ammo of your choosing.

Pick Ups is where you will put pick ups (such as shieldbelt) of your choosing.

Starting is where you will be able to supply yourself and others with weapons of your choosing, WITH or WITHOUT Enforcer or impact hammer.

Options, well, you can configure a health and armor load out there should you choose to do so, but you have other options as well.

Configs gives you upwards of 10 different swap settings/saves so you can swap to your heart's content.

And last: Mods, this is where you will see a list of mods you have personally added.

--

You can add your own weapon related mutator packs by using 'Stuffimporter', once added you will want to click "sort list" so you get a proper sorting.

You can also edit the "Stuffswapper items" file to remove anything if there is something you may not care for.

It should be noted that, in my time with this Mutator and all the tests i've done (i've lost count on how many) there is only ONE problem that i know of that you will want to look out for.

Stuffswapper appears to have a certain limit of what you can have on it, if you have mutators that have dozens or even hundreds of things on it, or have MANY different beloved mutators piled onto stuffswapper, then after a certain amount (this is another thing i've lost count on) then as you try to open stuffswapper it will freeze your game or just all around crash it.. Though, lucky for you, all would not be lost as that is where the previously mentioned 'Stuffswapper Items' file comes into play, once you've removed a certain amount of things (Whatever it takes for it to work again) it will work again (and you will want to click 'Sort Items' on the Stuffimporter after you do).

And as far as i know, the version of stuffswapper that i present to you today IS the newest, or rather, most recent version of the mutator.

Note: Should there be any other problem OTHER than the stuffswapper mutator limit be present, by all means, let me know what it is.
Attachments
Stuffswapper.zip
(78.96 KiB) Downloaded 330 times
Stuffswapper.jpg
Stuffswapper.jpg (41.51 KiB) Viewed 6103 times
Phoenix

Re: Stuffswapper

Post by Phoenix »

i use stuffswapper 1,2,3,4 perfect for loading game types through mapvote with ease,
and never getting what you don't want in your maps, save for 1 or 2 item spawners,
depending on the map. sometimes it works flawlessly and replaces everything.

poorly written mods will stack the access nones like crazy, while used through this mod, careful what you plug in.
Nelsona

Re: Stuffswapper

Post by Nelsona »

Like I said, it doesn't take in account respawn-time of an Item, rotation related things, Skaarj, DropWhenKilled - when used by a monster flying or tentacle hanging, and list might be longer, but really we like to lie ourselves about "great" mods. Exactly these habits make communities generally to go down-hill as long as not all people are loving lies because cons and problems are never posted but "it's awesome".
Not even now days in 2018 we don't have perfect swapping but... we need to mention a poorly coded thing because has an UWindow for configuration, the main core controller is obsolete as other mutators. It's way better to WORK at a new generation of this mutator rather than dreaming fantasies with it.

Note: This was one of those things removed from my old MH server (like other crap-ton of stuff) - did not help me at all. Look what does with weapons in map MH-BirdBrainedResearch, also pick one with Skaarj a la Minas_Tirith and play original MH. "ENJOY !"
People playing UT intensive are not fascinated by these "mods" after all, and exactly this is the problem which GhostHunter94 did not get from my previous posting.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.
- Pablo Picasso -