NavAdder mutator

Mod development and tools for UE1 game titles here.
Nelsona

Re: NavAdder mutator

Post by Nelsona »

And now on the working table one of multiple versions (None that great) of map BoomBoomBridge - more exactly a version a bit tuned down BoomBoomBridgeBE.
What is doable here.
Let's say that if in the past one of versions which I touched was working with Bot, I was not that happy with pathing stuff. Others did not learn from my failure and did the same funky auto-build blabbering nodes through Lava and even doing more damage without maybe to know.
Leaving paths chapter which was fixable (scripting it in about 2 hours or less) the game-play is ridiculous. Reversal speaking, the last Warlord has... 600 HP and those holes are permitting a guided redeemer to kill it without any fight and... last mover stays open 400 seconds. If an ass-type player is guiding a redeemer there, until other to get into last area, probably mover will close back and here it is - broken map. I understand that previous versions had monsters too powerful but final boss with 600 HP and holes opened is truly lame.
After finishing pathing problems (LIFTS INCLUDED - bugged since forever from CTF version) I will debate common stuff server-client for making game to have a decent formula. Excuse me but this map is not for redeemers. With redeemer everything is messed up and it does look dumb. Those monsters are not that strong so a need for redeemer means mental problems of player. Map controller will not allow any default redeemer - and that's all, paths are covering map not with 501 pathnodes but with 155 pieces or such, suffice for aggressive A.I. and using even high paths when situation is recommending + switching routes in attack because here we have multiple OPTIONS.
These are main reasons for patching this map, I'm gonna use it patched, no longer in any "original" format.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.
- Pablo Picasso -
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Bumpy bit
I had a recall about these BoomBoomBridge maps. Some funky Vase decoration was spreading fragments during damage process but without to get vanished. I did a research after finishing all monster and pathing related works and... this setup for me is hilarious.
BBSetup_00.PNG
BBSetup_00.PNG (23.03 KiB) Viewed 7849 times
I don't get the logic behind this setup.
Actor cannot be deleted not even in damaging process spamming chunks and eating net channels but is scheduled for destruction after "some" seconds. Value is not only a dumb choice but I assure you that actor will NOT BE destroyed as you might think. Yeah, read this well. Probably a countdown it's initialized in engine's internals for these actors (4 pieces) consuming useless bits from resources, but they won't be destroyed as long as engine is respecting its own rules - I tried such setup using 10 seconds - NOTHING happened at end of time. These actors have been "modified" and immunized at damage so they won't spam game any longer. Beside this, I think that mapper who fixed this "BoonEdition" has forgot some ammo. Base has only ammo for SniperRifle and nothing else while Tentacles are firing heavy projectiles - doesn't matter, these are going to get fixed and a few visuals improved.
The master piece is that redeemers have been drowned in Lava and any default Warshell will suffer a vaporization process during flight in this Level, just because this weapon is messing up all charm with lousy kills...
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

FIRST post has been updated.
Another content added is NavAdder's patching files as options for map MH-BoomBoomBridgeBE.
Map's checksums:
  • CRC-32: 594578be
    MD5: e81ce750c6f634863e4e1c2eef6e4255
    SHA-1: f79336a4b2ddd5f9dc748d851372aa887c6e3620
    SHA-256: cec4d6f1399b8effb75e8ce20a52f9a2b91795c15c6d6d331343bb290a34c4d1
Patch Notes:
- removed from Navigation Network all old PathNodes and creating a new solid network with toggling feature (Bot will switch routes like in a CTF game with a map having more AlternatePaths) MH toggling routes is based on another strategy using external actors not linked as Nodes but add-ons and all routes are under "control" by a sort of Stochastic trigger capable of random events from a list. Should be sufice for making Bot more roamer through routes rather than running like a cow in the middle of the same road;
- Last Boss is now... Boss, I guess that was a joke with 600 hp, in MH skill level 7 is 900 or such - pretty lousy for a critical boss;
- I think the last Mover will stay open enough time, holes for guiding redeemers are not available in patched map, and redeemers are out in this session;
- Spam type decorations have been corrected - not deleted but are there having a nice behavior (buried into the ground) and some new things will replace them without throwing fragments;
- lifts might have some little problems with bot in there in upper spot, but at least Bot will try to come back down as much as he can, else this problem will get updated, monsters don't have issues here if mod has set lifts for any pawn. Here is used only one trigger per position up/down not three per position as useless as they were before;
- lights are a bit tuned;
- Even map tweaking can be seen in server's browser according to map's title. Here I removed so called BoonEdition string because I don't see anything like a "BoonEdition" just a cheap copy of the same map with problems and in multiple versions.

Patch files have been dropped in XC Server.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

In working stage some stuff for map MH-SkyLand1-1.
Clarification explanations:
- map can be played with A.I. but it needs paths for that.
Else:
- map has multiple paths networks (yes, are just dumb pieces) not linked and not helping that much;
- some Titan was about to die starved - Fatness = 0. Do we need lousy display things ?;
- I think those water tunnels heading to the top are annoying as dark as they are. Definitely client stuff will have some love;
- Movers (two pieces) are critical but in the same dumb setup "ReturnWhenEncroach". This has a default mitigation but we can set them well because we don't pay for fixing.

Navigation Proposals:
- HuntNodes will prevent too much racing;
- Paths are toggled around mountain Left-Right at random time intervals by attacking nodes with keypoints managers;
- Because there are a lot of huge spots we won't have a loaded Network but NoLost actor will take care if Bot is too far and will point it back into network;
- A MH objective will be added in area with toggling StartLocation (aka SpawnPoint) in order to gain it active.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

FIRST post has been updated.
Another content added is NavAdder's patching files for map MH-SkyLand1-1.
Map's checksums:
  • CRC-32: 29449f57
    MD5: 1c7af1f64b1ae1105dc28fd589261bfb
    SHA-1: 269e5d0719706dde6f8414b1718065fecd874ef6
    SHA-256: 8da1ad19ad0391d07b7d75d323202a2c2b1c3b6dd2bdcedaa285aa03b97a482c
Patch Notes:
- building a single Paths Network getting original pieces and new points - in two steps due to last mover deal - works only this way;
- resetting screwed monsters;
- Tweaking a ThingFactory randomly initialized by a StoneTitan. This sort of trap might be started too early because of bad setup and location, factory getting turned into a trigger.

More tweaking could be available but doesn't worth the time, map has some ugly BSP problems.

Patch files are loaded in XC MH Server.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
Kelly

Post by Kelly »

You need a blog. :lol:
I don’t wanna give the end away
but we’re gonna die one day
Hook

Post by Hook »

Kelly wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 1:41 pm You need a blog. :lol:
I totally agree!!! ;)
However, Nelsona Does have this!: http://sektornelsona.byethost18.com
= Hook =
ALL NEW Site/Forum: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net
SERVER NAME: CROSSBONES Lucifurs Missile Madness {CMM} PRO-REDEEMER
PRO-REDEEMER / PRO-SNIPER-Redeemer / PRO-SEEKER-Redeemer

CMM Server IP: 68.232.181.236:7777
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Well, I'm not sure if exist a better method for updating this mutator and letting people to figure when new updates are done - optional, of course, what map it's under "love", and the rest of info. This stuff probably should be called GreedMutator - it wants to bite all time some adds even if are not needed... I should move faster with them, but each Level has it's own way so I have to reconfigure template almost all the time.

That Host.
I have a problem when there are such great hosts - utterly free. Sometimes they are going vanished exactly when you need them more, that's why I'm very rarely updating links there as long as might not worth efforts at random, to not feel sorry about the work.
Perhaps I have to setup a GDrive Link in my signature where I might drop every module and future ones.

Btw... I think CrystalMine2_2011 can be adjusted as well for game-play with Bots and little things here and there. This is one of those maps which worth even 1 month spent around as long as there is enough art done over there (before 2012, btw - year when almost everyone has turned to down-hill route for UE1). Patching badge if modules are passing my tests probably should be done in the same way matching ambience, map doesn't seem to have BSP problems but setup is borked in some points and mechanics have to be modified a bit...
It was "entertaining" to see in original MH, green message to find secret stone in water for opening door but that door can be opened by "grab"ing it in a second without any water related stunt. Seriously all that design has no meaning by cheating easily this way.
I don't have to "chat" about BiterFishSchool types how are set and where are located (like an elephant in a nail-box)...
I gotta admit that I'm reading various entertaining blogs from time to time...
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Keep "blogging" a little bit.
There is a... small problem - not my monitor with a lamp burned - but other one. Maybe I have to remove patch files for these open-type maps as long as all action goes in a lousy trash with no single bit of logic. The rest of explanations:
"Kill Queen bla bla..."
Moron answer: We don't have to kill nothing, we can juuuump so hiiiiigh and we can reach to the last Level, and we can finish map so easy... piece of cake. What battle, what MonsterHunt ? Just jump and finish map, maybe we need some end added nearby Start Location and then everything will go PERFECT. Whoever is hating map will simply end it regarding to the desire of the other players.
Do we need only closed-area types limited by doors and teleporters ? Does this is the way of playing MonsterHunt ?
Did I mention that we can hang on walls like spiders and jumping from there in a nice escalating spree in some other maps ? Nope ? That's my fault then....

Hmmm. I have to think about this...

Note:
I wasn't with DJ idea, my games from my location doesn't include that, else I don't even have that thing anywhere in my mods repositories.

For the moment:
I'll turn off The End until Last queen dies else everything is pointless in last "Ancient Temple".
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Site Admin

Post by SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} »

Remove DJ from XCMH then. Doesn't bother me one bit. I know some others will miss it but you are right some clients will just abuse the mod to move forward and end map early. I suggested years ago about making a mod that would not allow MH end to work unless all Monsters have been eliminated from level and that would keep DJ from being abused.