NavAdder mutator

Mod development and tools for UE1 game titles here.
Nelsona

Re: NavAdder mutator

Post by Nelsona »

Um, that was not such a big problem. Last night I was sad a bit :lol: ... I voted map at 00:12 AM so V3+ went vaporized because the day was Monday, the patch based on Week-End strategy do seems to work with no flaws. I had to adjust some new stuff because a few monsters were up-side-down randomly (eh LoathSome's tentacle). Yeah I was able to have some crapped monsters due to a glitch which I did not take in account, but now it's fine...
Okay, no secrets. Some extra-stuff which I wrote was a modified boulderspawner but spawning an innocent big BioGel which will be spread in pieces, after a while each small jelly piece will explode firing up some random monsters (4 types). Spawner is not a spammer it's limited at 20 Hits because it should be suffice how many creatures can spawn in 30 seconds. All these are happening in original map and not always but during week-end game-play.
Goal: Creating a random difficulty for a map which was the same all the time and players got collectively tired of the same junk with no Bot Support and nothing unexpected for about 10 years.
Health of a few monsters is randomized. Types splashed are also randomized, perhaps I should think at other simple random feature which we can have in those maps where geometry is friendly...
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.
- Pablo Picasso -
imyourmomma_{HoF}

Post by imyourmomma_{HoF} »

Finally had time to play again. Played the super_tomokoV2 map. Map looks nice with the changes. Much better lighting now. I always thought it was a fun map to play.

Played 2muchHP after that. I like what you have done with that map also. Noticed we have more lives now. That really helps the bots, since they like to
die a lot on that map. I really liked the monsters at the end map. Much better than what was there before. Made the end much more fun.

Thank you again for the work you do with the maps and mh. :)
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

The work is not ready, NavAdder technically is supporting a wide range of maps and... game-types.
I'm thinking at that tomoko2 getting turned into a "v3" during a week-end. I don't know if I have to update patching files into server or I need to write more stuff. So far, me personally, I was satisfied but I don't know if there is not somehow needed more challenge.
Map has around 95 monsters going to 140+ during week-end, this is a bit random, depends on how many biogels are spread around and if a random monster can spawn and it's not colliding with another one. In 3 rows of "BioCannon" attack difficulty goes from easy to medium-hard depending on mod, server stuff generally. I do tests without jumping, spawn protectors or other things.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Update note:
After returning from a trip through future (possible to do that in a computer), more exactly from date April 22 2018 I could see that Week-End patch file do works properly. After returning back in our times I have uploaded it into XC MH server that new stuff.

What will happen?
When a voter player is voting fore-mentioned "map" MH-superTomokoV2 Friday at 10:00 PM, nothing special will occur because nothing is changed for client. If voter player is voting map Saturday at 00:10 AM a new package will be downloaded and client is served with new stuff in the same map - week-end play type. This player will not mess with any mismatch because new stuff is coming in a new file without to screw any already downloaded file so there is no need to do anything.

According to feed-back (if positive) I'll write post-patch doc and packages accordingly and I'll add in public these new things. Any other server-admin has to overwrite a server-side file if decides to use week-end type stuff. The new file is triggered by that server-side and that's why that old initial one will have to be updated for keeping client unaffected. The goal (completed) was to not make client to feel bugged in any way but participating in multiple game-play formats according to time of voting without touching the game with editing.

I'll personally do another check during week-end when I'll be around.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
imyourmomma_{HoF}

That sounds fun. :)
imyourmomma_{HoF}

I had time to play this morning. I like it. :) Weekend version idea changes it up a bit in a good way. And more monsters is always good.
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Which means then future patches might be recommended to work randomized and more or less in multiple formats.

Switching subject (won't speak about the real V3 yet). While I did some server checks I went to play a random map decided by server (after quitting one which was requiring 237 MB to download). Map which I was playing until end was called MH-UReal-v2 or such. I did not step to check V3 because I have a few... confusions with this V2. Light me with a few points:
- map is done by a guy with a few mental problems;
- is a sort of joke (but insulting Unreal name);
- a noob work with less logic.
Because:
- textures are flipped for no reason - they do look nasty and like a stupid choice - poor "Prety fly" - that's part of a garbage design I suppose;
- other textures have a different U-V scaling like are pulled from cat's ass;
- map has some jets but not much place for using them properly;
- map has a simple geometry but... we do not have any sort of A.I. routes;
- something like a "maze" is designed for consuming less electricity - there aren't so many lights there pissing me of with some flashlights which are completing the lack of lightning - Excuse me, but here I don't get the logic of returning repeatedly for getting light.

Except textures which are an utter crap (seriously speaking) some action would be more entertaining without mooing with empty spots like that. For a potential patch-target, first problem after drawing some paths would be adding LIGHT, eliminating useless jets because I had only died using them with no purpose, and some load around (health, ammo) would be recommended. I can bet (did not see map in Editor yet) that we have those dumb holes where pawns are falling and I'm not sure if all creatures are dying there... are just useless at random making a mess... Monsters have "names" changed for some reason which I don't get right now.
Perhaps writing some patching stuff in the name of "UReal" would be entertaining for me, first I have to do Initial check stage...

Edit: Checked...
Cough, "entertaining" geometry, maybe doesn't even worth attention, definitely these are noob type brain-farts unable to do something properly, but dreaming green horses on walls...
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
imyourmomma_{HoF}

Yeah that map is something. It could be a fun map. But would need A LOT fixed. That dark maze part is just nasty. Guess that was the point of the mapper with holes to fall into and die. I don't know. Not a map I pick to play.
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Eh, however comparing Tomoko versions or Detour versions which are very similar, this one at least in V3 looks different and has more rooms (of course we are speaking about a single zoned map, no worries - noob was still noob, we cannot deny this). Probably V2 is not for a public server in this stage, any new comer will never return if this is his/her first ON-Line hit, a nice "Welcome To My Server"- at least I will never have such a garbage in my playground, but, V3 might be a subject for designing some graffiti on those poorly designed walls, light injected (advantage of not wasting bandwidth) and other stuff. When I'm saying other stuff, definitely I will make some beacons colliding over those holes preventing monster to fall and sitting at bottom useless, I don't recall monsters to be very sensitive at falling as player is. If mapper was "loving" to dress monsters with other skins, maybe time has come for a skinning spree in run-time (I'll think about) or to put some "names" to the monsters according to stuff which I might splash on walls. But first I want to write small things to speed up a bit writing patch codes in order to gain more time with tests. I'm not sure if won't be more entertaining to turn monsters into mobile flashlights by making them more bright, I have a couple of ideas about such supposed UReal-V3 map... At random I'm thinking at a map surgery operated directly in Editor... and discarding stuff mooing around without Net Codes from dependent files downloading chain, so to speak those Jets are TRASH, I could figure how did they not work - did not say work because it did not happen.
Definitely these V2-V3 were not subject for ON-Line gaming at Jets chapter, to not forget that Bot doesn't have any addiction here...
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Moving forward.
I did main charge for patching map UReal-V3 or whatever might that means. So far I see that these "empty" Levels might go into my playground while are "modified" in run-time even if are not the best ever works...
What has to be taken in account when we have these "fascinating" mapping works? Mapper was wasting time with a lot of "creativity" using quotes because, so to speak, it's an useless waste of time. He modified "sounds" related to monster action using "Announcer" sounds - no that logic after all.
What a clown didn't know and maybe it's good to find information in some mapping tutorials which no one was describing, is that some of these sounds related to default voices used by game have another deal in Net Play. When these are dedicated to be used with events and NON-player type stuff NO ONE can hear them ON-Line, monster is muted like a broken Radio due to packages architecture. It's a waste of time for an ass type setup which is Pointless for Net play. I've simply replaced some bosses which were screwed up and I removed malformed "MenuName" which these monsters were having. Of course I have another packages and I can hear them in my server but... in others are just screwed up. New monster injection is being done with a function written by me and using some random "power" - projectiles are sorted from 5 classes and monster health is randomized as well, so the boss in cause is not the same in each game, might be more or less powerful depending on what Engine decides.
I covered those holes, added more load (healing and ammo) and... I turned on the lights - seriously, we did not see only a borked setup but the garbage is completed with a stupid dark thing killing eyes, Level generally has another brightness Level.

Annoying work subject
Zone with some "flying Car" aka GiantGasbag or such if I well recall has some marble pink cubes with spots which are closer to walls. For some reason (probably because he could not align cubes at grid) DevPath was not working as needed in that spot so I went to inject 2 pushers for delivering Bot Support according to that location else Bot felt there would camp forever being useless for the last underground area (new in V3). Capturing Nodes for unlocking Bot required a tool which I was using post Patching in order to gain attached names in map. I forgot where I've placed my old tool so I had to quickly rewrite another one, it was a bit of time wasted in that spot - and I thought it will be a simple task but it was not like that.

To do:
Painting a bit those poor walls in order to gain more... colors. It do looks lousy as empty as it is, maybe some signs toward where are the loading spots (ammo, health)... I'll look for a solution. As I could see, this map if it's running under patch modules, becomes a bit entertaining.

A Bit of information for comparation.
Some spot from map in original.
UR_V3_before.png
UR_V3_before.png (168.01 KiB) Viewed 8787 times
And here is the same spot after loading NavAdder with current stage of patching.
UR_V3_after.png
UR_V3_after.png (595.89 KiB) Viewed 8787 times
Me one, I think I prefer the second instance.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -