Any PUBG/Fortnite players?

General community discussions here.
evilgrins

Re: Any PUBG/Fortnite players?

Post by evilgrins »

So... what's the idea? The zone shrinks and who doesn't get killed by the energy field (presumedly when it works) last wins??

Would be kinda cool, if that were the case, to be able to keep the field back longer by shooting it.

Allows for options of do you wanna focus on not getting crushed or kill all other players so you're last but gotta spare the ammo to keep the field away.
Have you hugged a Skaarj today?
Skaarj need love too!
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
Kelly

Post by Kelly »

The collapsing energy field takes a good bit to kill you. It's a common tactic to even hide within in for short periods of time to evade someone or snipe at the players trying to stay inside the safe area. Towards the end though it starts to really hurt you and you have to stay inside. It's a simple game aspect but becomes tough to manage when you have to consider your position and where the zone is going to close down to, do you have enough ammo, etc.
I don’t wanna give the end away
but we’re gonna die one day
Kelly

Post by Kelly »

Made a spreadsheet for the default weapon damages so when I begin testing we can discuss and tweak values. I know certain things stand out like the AWM being a beast in damage but it's countered by a very slow fire rate and lack of accuracy if you don't look down the scope. Don't put much into this post for now, it's more a reference for later on.

SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Site Admin

Post by SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} »

Looking forward to the first online beta test. Curious if you are making those weapon settings ini configurable.
Kelly

Post by Kelly »

Yeah, everything will be eventually but I want it as close to correct out-of-the-box as it can be. It's important that people can play this right off without having to do any real setting up. I expect the ini will be pretty comprehensive if people want to do heavy tweaking of the variables but it can also not even be used.
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Site Admin

Nice preview Kelly. I like that navigation bar on the top.
Kelly

Post by Kelly »

I finished the readme tonight. I'm getting pretty close to needing some alpha testers so I might call on you guys privately. I'll let you know.

Here's the readme (subject to change)
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Site Admin

Lookin good Kelly. Excited to give this a test run. :D
Kelly

Post by Kelly »

If you are around later this afternoon I'll send you the current build to test. I'm adding an M60 at the moment :D
Kelly

Post by Kelly »

I asked a couple of people to quietly test for me because my thought was that this would need serious love to function correctly online. To my great surprise it functions *quite well* online. The zone doesn't collapse properly but I can fix that and it allows games to play out for weapon testing. Aside from that I only see minor cosmetic things I want to tweak. Everything else works as intended, weapons/pickups/armor/HUD all look great :)

My dad is coming to visit on Thursday so I'll be out for a week. I'm going to mothball the testing server until he leaves but I'll be doing online testing afterwards if you are interested in trying it out. The server is passworded and so is the mod download because I want to keep this secured until I'm ready to release. If you'd like to test I'm going to ask you for very strict confidence, I do not want this to leak early because I've put a LOT of time into it trying to mimic the PUBG experience.