Those wrong ones

Show us and share your created maps.
Kelly

Re: Those wrong ones

Post by Kelly »

If you really loved me you'd make a monster that has random drawscale and prepivot, vomits HOM errors and occasionally crashes the client. Now that's a monster that should have my name.

Oh and set all the skin textures to 'mirror' flag. That's a great finishing touch.
I don’t wanna give the end away
but we’re gonna die one day
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Changing gear a bit
In the mean time, when I'll be less tired (last time I was busy with some CCTV systems which exhausted me more than expected + research which I did around mobile devs) probably I'll pay attention to that Golden Boy (oops Girl) map. I might be inspired for some new thing which I can do, or... simply developing a fix using the very last "fix" known in public repositories. I think it's time to attack such maps because all these years no one moved a finger over them. And there are plenty of others modified already which I have to re-check before a potential "bunch-release". One of them was a nice thing but having as skybox map itself - I'm still appreciating this engine which was not crashing at that mess - yeah, heavy to make a cube and setting up a skybox...
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.
- Pablo Picasso -
Kelly

Post by Kelly »

You really should do them. Yeah, they are ugly as hell but it's still fun to plow through some of them from time to time.
I don’t wanna give the end away
but we’re gonna die one day
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Okay, people, taking wheels for Golden Woman (as renamed in title) for Golden Girl Wasted fix4 (whatta heck is fixed there anyway ?).

I have to look well at map because I need to find why were necessary 3 subtracts and 2 solids ( even more brushes ) in the same spot... A lot of brushes can be removed without to even figure that they were ever used. Map do seems to build with no major issues so whatever random HOMs can be ruined with no major concerns.

GamePlay problems:
We have some useless teleporters causing only collision craps. Teleporter is dropping you behind a door which normally can be opened with no problems (WTF !!!????).
According to some MH tutorial from here
http://hermskii.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... =694#p5654
lemme quote some line
That tutorial wrote: Redeemers can be a nice addition on occasion, just so long as they are either hidden really well, or in a hard to reach place. NEVER NEVER NEVER, put in a supershockrifle (ESR). They totally ruin most MH maps, as they make it waayyyy too easy to complete.
And then I'm gonna remove that dumb section based on bugged visibility - doesn't even worth a deal because I'm not gonna break what "experts" are saying :lol: . I'm not going to remember to everyone that DU is replacing any Insta with RocketLauncher - no crap there and I'm not going to mention how populated is that server. GOOD !
The rest of poor animated items or I mean weaponry with poor meshes are going to be removed because map is not only somehow ugly but has a lot of dependencies which are TRASH. Purpose in MH is fighting with monsters rather that lagging player with borks.

Bots... eh:
Due to some fascinating placement of weaponry I think I'm going to write another sort of InventorySpot which can be triggered at a moment for distracting Bot when a door is open, if door is locked I'm not gonna spectate Bot pushing it like a retard for getting an item which is not Reachable, or simply items are going to be moved in the combat zone where players need them rather than all load in the base and without wasting time with a "coding spree" and happily using BlockedPath as a good default stuff which mappers usually have no clue how to use it, or what that does that mean in Pathing chapter (not only Bot Pathing).

Edit:
And.... stuck. The way of making map to kill player (only player) and messing up with monsters for no reason is confusing me. I'm really thinking to remove all dumb kills or to completely quit this task...
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

One of those "interesting works" was that unfinished map AncientCastle(V2) which I don't have any clue why was there. Okay, if anyone from authors will want to definitely do revisions we are glad to hear that. Until that day, we can use replacements as long as everyone is too busy and cannot finish their jobs.
If anyone has questions what exactly is way finished in these replacements I can start quoting... lightning as the first figured thing - map did not have lightning build. Then we have some "entertaining" brushes...
AC_00.PNG
AC_00.PNG (16.89 KiB) Viewed 14372 times
Any reason for not using vertex editing but miss-aligning stuff like that ?
AC_01.PNG
AC_01.PNG (18.52 KiB) Viewed 14372 times
This "static" stuff could not be a "knife" with that mesh ?
And the list can keep going. These "Nalis" are intended to play some animations operated by engine which are locked by the same engine :( .

Next replacement is not exactly a replacement as it is heavily tweaked. Usually cannot be fixed compiling some default mutator, but a bad-ass thing and XCGE can solve all nasty things done here, so we can have it as it is... and we can add more stuff using this opportunity.
ToGS_02.PNG
ToGS_02.PNG (18.2 KiB) Viewed 14372 times
This was pathetic, but now it's fine... The rest of skins screwed up probably doesn't need to be quoted here...
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Heart-Beating section
At random, XC MH server sorted a map for me. Map chosen was MH-()mg-Brutality. I was a bit curious to see what's new in "clan" tagged edition VS old mess.
Notes below.
Except adding a few textures to walls and for some extra-powered monsters (including a HUD texture from MH used as skin for a monster) and replacing a gun from beginning, I have not see anything changed. Okay, it was suddenly turned from Unsigned map into a signed one by Pizzi... Interesting.
The rest of embedded trashes are unchanged, map has the same bsp problem exactly as the Unsigned one, paths are NONE, healing spots None, alignment for some brushes NONE, else I did not see coronas matching those supposed torches burning. These should be suffice as reasons for not having any deal with said map in this stage and neither to clone patch files. It's time for Editing. Reason: I think time has come for showing to player my way of thinking and doing settings here - including Bot Support because is too easy...
After testing it in all my environments I think it will go public with no single trail of shame - I'm getting tired of duplicated garbage, tagged and over-tagged into another the same junkie mapping style.

Edit:
Definitely testing is recommended before dropping a new public trash.

Code: Select all

ScriptWarning: BBioSplash MH-OmG_Brutality_Bot.BBioSplash2 (Function BPak.BBioGel.Flying.HitWall:0035) PlayAnim: Sequence 'Hit' not found in Mesh 'Soldier'
ScriptWarning: BBioGlob MH-OmG_Brutality_Bot.BBioGlob2 (Function Botpack.UT_BioGel.OnSurface.CheckSurface:0055) PlayAnim: Sequence 'Slide' not found in Mesh 'Soldier'
ScriptWarning: BBioGlob MH-OmG_Brutality_Bot.BBioGlob1 (Function Botpack.UT_BioGel.OnSurface.CheckSurface:0055) PlayAnim: Sequence 'Slide' not found in Mesh 'Soldier'
ScriptWarning: BBioSplash MH-OmG_Brutality_Bot.BBioSplash4 (Function BPak.BBioGel.Flying.HitWall:0035) PlayAnim: Sequence 'Hit' not found in Mesh 'Soldier'
ScriptWarning: BBioGlob MH-OmG_Brutality_Bot.BBioGlob5 (Function Botpack.UT_BioGel.OnSurface.CheckSurface:0055) PlayAnim: Sequence 'Slide' not found in Mesh 'Soldier'
ScriptWarning: BBioSplash MH-OmG_Brutality_Bot.BBioSplash8 (Function BPak.BBioGel.Flying.HitWall:0035) PlayAnim: Sequence 'Hit' not found in Mesh 'Soldier'
ScriptWarning: BBioSplash MH-OmG_Brutality_Bot.BBioSplash5 (Function BPak.BBioGel.Flying.HitWall:0035) PlayAnim: Sequence 'Hit' not found in Mesh 'Soldier'
ScriptWarning: BBioSplash MH-OmG_Brutality_Bot.BBioSplash2 (Function Botpack.UT_BioGel.OnSurface.CheckSurface:0055) PlayAnim: Sequence 'Slide' not found in Mesh 'Soldier'
ScriptWarning: BBioSplash MH-OmG_Brutality_Bot.BBioSplash0 (Function BPak.BBioGel.Flying.HitWall:0035) PlayAnim: Sequence 'Hit' not found in Mesh 'Soldier'
ScriptWarning: BBioGlob MH-OmG_Brutality_Bot.BBioGlob3 (Function Botpack.UT_BioGel.OnSurface.CheckSurface:0036) PlayAnim: Sequence 'Drip' not found in Mesh 'Soldier'
ScriptWarning: BBioSplash MH-OmG_Brutality_Bot.BBioSplash0 (Function Botpack.UT_BioGel.OnSurface.CheckSurface:0055) PlayAnim: Sequence 'Slide' not found in Mesh 'Soldier'
ScriptWarning: BBioSplash MH-OmG_Brutality_Bot.BBioSplash5 (Function Botpack.UT_BioGel.OnSurface.CheckSurface:0036) PlayAnim: Sequence 'Drip' not found in Mesh 'Soldier'
ScriptWarning: BBioSplash MH-OmG_Brutality_Bot.BBioSplash1 (Function BPak.BBioGel.Flying.HitWall:0035) PlayAnim: Sequence 'Hit' not found in Mesh 'Soldier'
ScriptWarning: BBioSplash MH-OmG_Brutality_Bot.BBioSplash1 (Function Botpack.UT_BioGel.OnSurface.CheckSurface:0055) PlayAnim: Sequence 'Slide' not found in Mesh 'Soldier'
Bpak huh ? That's default stuff at "()mg" ? These are not gonna be used from now on, the rest do looks great... including something like a screenshot...
MH_OMG_Brutality.gif
MH_OMG_Brutality.gif (153.14 KiB) Viewed 14277 times
I did not computed frame-rate for an exact match with map's screenshot frame-rate but it is closer in big parts...
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Being operational and without major troubles as tested in XC MH server (already added there) said modified Brutality over-powered map is ready for whoever wants to deal with it. Majority of files are in archive except Bpak (player might have its own file - many versions are floating around) and MonsterHunt main file, definitely who play MH should have installed that mod else it makes no sense to launch such a map...
Instructions what to do with files are not provided at almost 20 years of UT. If you need such info G00gle it or look at another old read-me.
Attachments
MH-OmG_Brutality_Bot.7z
(6.17 MiB) Downloaded 500 times
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Notes around some working stage.
As long as I think some people don't understand what LITE term is and why a garbage should never be called LITE maybe I have to clarify a few aspects of that super duper over-worked map Kings&Servants malformed from a trash to another one with fixing nothing but loading more junks supposed map actors. When I saw this initial picture:
Old_Lite.png
Old_Lite.png (1.2 MiB) Viewed 14198 times
I went to work a little bit at aspect generally, not full details but neither cubed SHITE with creatures having no purpose. And speaking about creatures you might look around perhaps you can figure them... in a new NON-LITE version (I have the dignity to not really use term LITE).
New_Lite.png
New_Lite.png (1.24 MiB) Viewed 14198 times
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

In this area right now I was thinking at other deal, over that sand dune or whatever ground dune perhaps some small plants are welcomed. During the game, plants might grow and player closer to end of match if dies and goes to the battle again will figure them bigger... eh just an idea, because too many textures and stuff in MyLevel might not be the best ever deal, already client is participating authoritative at his self-controlled actors launched in run-time, and maybe more stuff like that will put it down...
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Site Admin

Post by SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} »

That map looks way better now. Nice work Nels.