Map assessment and pathing enhancements

Show us and share your created maps.
Nelsona

Re: Map assessment and pathing enhancements

Post by Nelsona »

I have to admit that map is complex with regard to navigation - both sides: Human and Bot. It has more rooms.
I added a few other paths (in a sum of 771 navigation nodes) and I did a random test. Goal was an item from a superior area and as start point a weapon from ground area. Response was positive. You can download and install PathsDebug tool written by Buggie and do check more. If anything else fails let me look at problem.

Edit:
File removed because map has been updated.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.
- Pablo Picasso -
evilgrins

Post by evilgrins »

Nelsona wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 2:09 pmI have to admit that map is complex with regard to navigation - both sides: Human and Bot. It has more rooms.
You don't know the half of it.

At ground level the only 2 teleports are in the back of trucks, and they're exit only. The are where you wind up when you teleport from the upper levels down.

But those are not visible teleports.

The visible ones are all over and there are some at ground level but they're not accessible.

See that outlined area in red?

That alcove is solid, it doesn't open and players can't walk through it. Behind it is a visible teleporter which does lead to the upper levels, but there's no way to access it; obviously I took that screenshot in Editor from inside the room.

Hence the problem.
Attachments
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzClip0007.png
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzClip0007.png (296.38 KiB) Viewed 1491 times
Have you hugged a Skaarj today?
Skaarj need love too!
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

One of walls is portal in such a spot - either way check if Teleporter is not disabled. Right now I see all of them enabled and working...
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
evilgrins

Post by evilgrins »

Nelsona wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 5:15 am Right now I see all of them enabled and working...
Oh, they are... it's just that players can't get to them.
Skaarj need love too!
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Check paths lines, they go somewhere in upper area and going through other Teleporters. If Teleporter has two path lines going out of room that's definitely a two way thing. I'll study paths from that Redeemer to somewhere outside and back Inside.

Edit: I think is needed a path somewhere - let me track all route.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
evilgrins

Post by evilgrins »

The upper levels with the teleports are on the "3rd floor".

There's a 2nd floor with sniper positions, that players can get to as there are ramps up to those areas... plus some other sniper areas on the same level as the 2nd floor.

It's the 3rd floor area with the teleports, and the redeemers with teleports near them on the ground floor, which are cut off from players.

I may try deleting a few walls to make them accessible, but I'm worried that may destabilize the map.
Skaarj need love too!
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

I think we need another deal based on following deduction: Map is Not Ready and it needs to be finished, not only adjusted current Teleporters.
Here I think are needed a few other Teleporters because these options aren't so many. More than that, Teleporters are having the same aspect with no indication where they go. Here I think is needed some colors easy to be set, letting player to "learn" a bit which color goes in which area.

Edit: Instead of adding/deleting walls I'd rather prefer to complete map with more Teleporters for access. This won't mess up anything at current BSP integrity.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

All right, I added two routes through 4 new Teleporters going and coming from 3rd Level - I studied map and... access there was only with Translocator - somehow miserable, not everyone uses that and Bots did not have options.
DM-XV-Chicago_rS1910.7z
(2.31 MiB) Downloaded 58 times
VisibleTeleporter spawns that effect around but... still can be seen a mix with animations for pointing which Teleporters are going on top.
If you need more extra-options let me know.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
evilgrins

Post by evilgrins »

Assess:
https://unrealarchive.org/maps/unreal-t ... c79fa.html

Has 2 main levels, with a few spots of a limited 3rd level. The main playing area (2nd level) has some decent pathing but could use enhancement.

Main issue is the bottom level, where bots primarily stay where they are unless shooting at something. That needs serious help.

No weapons on map currently, may try that silly Blake Stone weaponpack for this.

Disturbing pony theme I intend to replace with centaurs.
Skaarj need love too!
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

evilgrins wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 9:03 pm Main issue is the bottom level, where bots primarily stay where they are unless shooting at something. That needs serious help.
I see that, but I'm afraid that's not the only problem. The problem is the lack of logic or jerking at Bots on purpose or it's a doze of ignorance...
Archive is having in suffix the word "corrected". Let me see... this is "corrected"... It's actually a button having no deal - everything goes from this spot to outside and NOTHING for a PASS-THROUGH. But we do have stupid paths over that trap for a permanent death - if that thing will ever OPEN - Strange Option.
Equinox_0.PNG
Equinox_0.PNG (257.42 KiB) Viewed 1440 times
Every single reader can see in image that LiftCenter over "Lift" it's not connected anywhere not only because it was having only for ONE exit and this way it's an END-POINT (USELESS) but... it has some LiftTag defined matching nothing else around.
It's a similar stage to those MH maps "fix" and "final" which are pretty far from a "fix" or a "final" stage - all of them being unfinished.
Okay... if you ask me if these can be fixed, the answer might go like a game taunt: TOO EASY ! It's why I'm very confused about claiming something like this "corrected", it's only offending Bot fans. Archive should get called "unfinished lab product, please fix it".

Edit: Here is place for some nodes... but I will want to see how is the deal with AlternatePaths concerning "MultiCTF" stage.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -