Map assessment and pathing enhancements

Show us and share your created maps.
Nelsona

Re: Map assessment and pathing enhancements

Post by Nelsona »

Work Update Notes:

I see hilarious Teleporters with Tags but coming from nowhere - they are ONE-WAY being traps at Redeemers or just invalid access - there would be needed Translocator and/or set as TWO WAY for getting out of those rat-holes.

I see some "tank" killing Bot when this is being touched - I don't know if this is a problem on my end, but so far to me these looks useless. This can be a "Team" issue toward a DM - non team game.

Teleporters in the middle of pass-through routes are more or less buggers. Some of them are going to be adjusted Two Way. There is no reason to break game-flow by limiting them.

Primary test delivered a decent number of paths from one side of map to the other side. It was a long route but with fewer paths which to me looks pretty efficient.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.
- Pablo Picasso -
evilgrins

Post by evilgrins »

Nelsona wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 8:55 pmI see some "tank" killing Bot when this is being touched - I don't know if this is a problem on my end, but so far to me these looks useless. This can be a "Team" issue toward a DM - non team game.
That's okay, the option to being killed if run over was restored... possibly as I complained it had been removed. Besides, most people get hurt or killed when a large vehicle hits them.
Nelsona wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 8:55 pmI see hilarious Teleporters with Tags but coming from nowhere - they are ONE-WAY being traps at Redeemers or just invalid access - there would be needed Translocator and/or set as TWO WAY for getting out of those rat-holes.

Teleporters in the middle of pass-through routes are more or less buggers. Some of them are going to be adjusted Two Way. There is no reason to break game-flow by limiting them.
Yeah, as I mentioned they're a mess. Seems like he installed them on the map and largely forgot about most of them.
Nelsona wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 8:55 pmPrimary test delivered a decent number of paths from one side of map to the other side. It was a long route but with fewer paths which to me looks pretty efficient.
Sounds ideal.
Have you hugged a Skaarj today?
Skaarj need love too!
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

I went to minimize number of nodes for making devs to work at long routes regarding to picking up items - if are desired.

Edit: Incomplete file has been removed.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
evilgrins

Post by evilgrins »

Assess this, it's rather huge.

Have fun, no rush.
Attachments
CTF-UnrealPark.zip
(7.25 MiB) Downloaded 49 times
Shot0010.png
Shot0010.png (1.25 MiB) Viewed 1316 times
Skaarj need love too!
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

You have forgot this instance of several situations when certain maps are trash. Do they even know that a simple hole might be a trap forcing a suicide for no reason ?
There would be recommended a kill-zone or a killing event not just a stupid cube... :tease:
Nonsense.PNG
Nonsense.PNG (109.21 KiB) Viewed 1313 times
Here I will need to figure out if DevPath works... It's big, ugly, and less logic. And then...

Code: Select all

Found: Duplicated: Brush625 
Found: Duplicated: Brush630 
Found: Duplicated: Brush655 
Found: Duplicated: Brush647 
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
evilgrins

Post by evilgrins »

Nelsona wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 6:36 amYou have forgot this instance of several situations when certain maps are trash
Not forgotten, but sometimes I seek out skins that're flawed so I can fix them.

Why not try and fix a trashy map? May not work, but who knows...

As to the "what's up with this bullshit" I had a thought. To enter an Xvehicle you have to hit crouch and "walk" into it... so if you jump into that waste of space and there's a tank or something down there, if you're holding crouch while you're falling does that enable to survive the fall and enter the vehicle the moment you touch it?
Skaarj need love too!
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Let me know how your carrier is moving out of there... if is alive. By writing a lot of dumb MyLevel codes just because map needs this stupidity ?

The thing is that adjusting/changing geometry in these miss-aligned "maps" might result in total misery. Is it so nice for wasting days with it ? Even the name of map doesn't match anything from here. I'll do a route between flags and probing it later in game - if DevPath doesn't move then... it needs to be cut in pieces.

Usually first 30 seconds of examination tells the story: Mapper: I have no clue what I'm doing here.
Map has 4 HomeBase type actors. What have these in common with a CTF map and/or CTF game ? Let me see: Absolutely nothing, demonstrating a "high" level of skill.
In other hand, actors specific for CTF such as AlternatePath DefensePoint type actors are NONE, but has actors delegated for Monsters which were never supposed to be part of the stock CTFGame and... map has NONE of these as well. So to speak: I'm clueless but releasing a "map" using a PHISHING name for capturing attention over a junk.
As aspect concerning Textures, let me see, there are X square meters covered with the same Texture. Some of these have plain default hilarious alignment.

Even if a dude is helping with some assets, these boys have no clue how to set them up. Funky log ON

Code: Select all

ScriptLog: JETPACK NOT LOADED!
ScriptLog: JETPACK NOT LOADED!
ScriptLog: RU NOT LOADED!
ScriptLog: RU NOT LOADED!
ScriptWarning: TargetedKicker CTF-UnrealPark_tmp.TargetedKicker0 (Function CTF-UnrealPark_tmp.TargetedKicker.PostTouch:0056) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: TargetedKicker CTF-UnrealPark_tmp.TargetedKicker0 (Function CTF-UnrealPark_tmp.TargetedKicker.PostTouch:0056) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: JetpackMaker CTF-UnrealPark_tmp.JetpackMaker0 (Function CTF-UnrealPark_tmp.JetpackMaker.Tick:0043) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: JetpackMaker CTF-UnrealPark_tmp.JetpackMaker0 (Function CTF-UnrealPark_tmp.JetpackMaker.Tick:004B) Attempt to assigned variable through None
ScriptWarning: JetpackMaker CTF-UnrealPark_tmp.JetpackMaker0 (Function CTF-UnrealPark_tmp.JetpackMaker.Tick:0057) Accessed None
I was thrown nowhere and crushing to the death - applause, please ! Thank you !
In order to have a good game for Human player, first I need to figure what a kicker was supposed to do. No sanity checks in codes and no debug was performed before spreading map-file in public - just like that.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
evilgrins

Post by evilgrins »

I promise the next map I send your way will be less stupid.
Skaarj need love too!
evilgrins

Post by evilgrins »

Nelsona wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 8:47 pm This might be better at paths chapter - including Teleporters properties for being statically held even in On-Line game play...
Let me know if some room has escaped from being pathed.
DM-XV-Chicago_rS1861.7z
I went to minimize number of nodes for making devs to work at long routes regarding to picking up items - if are desired.
By the way, regarding the Chicago map you did a great job fixing the teleports... but I can't find anywhere at ground levels to access the teleports in the upper floors.

Am I missing something?
Skaarj need love too!
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Let me drop an eye when I'll be back home for capturing a few images. As far as I recall there is some access between levels, but right now I will want to re-check these if you say that you could not see these. By any matter I think I can add a few routes for opening more access through buildings.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -