goCostume for UT

Share source code that can be compiled/de-compiled here.
Kelly

goCostume for UT

Post by Kelly »

Yeah, I know. "go"-everything sounds so self serving but it made it so easy for me to keep all my mod work together and easy to find in the system folder. Anyway here is something that is an interesting side project:
goCostumeUT.7z
(64.55 KiB) Downloaded 321 times
This is a video to show you before I explain

I was trying to work out a way to include a "spy" class into either tDM or AS by allowing a player to pick up an item that would temporarily change how they appeared. This mod does that. All it needs it some minor work to make it fully useful if anyone wants to continue it. My idea was to change the display model for a player but not alter the player's settings. This costume pickup works via an ini file and when you touch it your displayed mesh changes to whatever the ini states. In U227 you can change back immediately by using the use key but in UT you need to bind that. If you watch the video you will see me hot-changing a couple of times.

This does not change user settings and only exists as long as you are this map. It works by an inventory item so there is no perpetual change across maps or restarts. My idea was to set it up on a timer and allow you to infiltrate the other team if you were clever. Yeah, I know it's kinda dumb but you get weird ideas at 2a.m. It's not a replacement for Val Av either though it does open some interesting possibilities.

A costumed player assumes the mesh and movement animations of the costume but they *do not* change their voice. This was on purpose since I wanted opposing team members to be able to force you to tell if you are real or not. It adds a ton of fun and paranoia into the mix when you have to constantly test your teammates so you know they won't be shooting you in the back :D

Anyways if this project interests you let me know and I'll advice you where to finish it out and I'll send you the compiled U file and ini. I'd post it now but although it works already it could be made a lot better with an evening's worth of work.

Have fun!
I don’t wanna give the end away
but we’re gonna die one day
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Site Admin

Re: goCostume for UT

Post by SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} »

This is a really neat mod. Thanks for posting it Kelly.
D13GO_{HoF}

Re: goCostume for UT

Post by D13GO_{HoF} »

This is Great Kelly, its like you are adding the TF2 Spy Costume ability in UT99 so i see this not like a weird idea just weird to implement :)