goCounterUT

Share source code that can be compiled/de-compiled here.
Kelly

goCounterUT

Post by Kelly »

goCounterUTMod.7z
(2.37 KiB) Downloaded 307 times
This is a simple but I find very useful mod that makes all creature/thing factories in MH maps become verbose. This means that you will constantly be updated as to the status of every factory you are currently impacting. You know the map MH-ATAA2 that has literally thousands of monsters? This is why I made the mod, so I can tell where I'm at with finishing it. Here's a screenshot to show you what I mean from that map:

The downside to this mod is that it can easily flood the chat box on a busy map so it does need some changes to it. If it were me I'd add some sort of extra HUD info for it rather than using the chatbox if it gets in your way. I like seeing the information however. It's useful in a lot of circumstances you wouldn't expect also. Say you need to do three things to advance to the next area. If you get the first one done the goCounter will tell you that you have two things left to finish that counter. This is often not at all obvious and lets you see what's going on behind the scenes in the maps you play.

This mod does not affect any existing counters at all. It spawns a new one next to the existing one and this new one is what is feeding you the information. You can use this without fear of any negative impacts. It only listens and parrots what it hears into the chatbox. BTW, this works in any map but it's most useful in MH and would probably be useful in AS if anyone still played that :P

I'll have more to come over the next few days along these lines. Enjoy.
I don’t wanna give the end away
but we’re gonna die one day