Unreal Tournament v469 Official Patches

Discussions related to Unreal Tournament.
Cool Cat

Re: Unreal Tournament v469 Official Patches

Post by Cool Cat »

SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 3:32 am Sorry Nels but I was told older Windows OS such as XP or Win7 will not be supported in the future.
What does this mean specifically? 469c will not work in XP\7 environment? Unaceptable. Please told them that in anwer.
Nelsona wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:54 pm Now let me see...

Good Luck with that BugHit or how is called :arrow:

You can copy those Logged issues and feel free to post them on GitHub - if you can.
It was inevitable that GitHub will go down as soon as MicroSoft "enter the chat". Microsoft now is King Midas in reverse - everything they touch turn in to crap.
If it didn't broke - don't fix it, but in Microsoft they don't know about that rule. So they migrate GitHub to Google WebComponent.
Now Pale Moon, Basilisk and they forks New Moon and Serpent yet not have full support of Google WebComponent. So alternative browser for that situation is 360 Extreme Explorer on MSFN.
Rumours has it that v12.0.1053.0 is the best for now even if it not the newest.
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

The unfinished patch with "adds" it's supposed to not have anything to do with a machine where it was running before because of "changes". Not my problem then, I can live without patching anything. To be honest I've predicted this show since first beta altering MGS server.
I'm not against doing improvements but I personally think that these are not 100% improvements. It takes time for getting a stable Engine - but not for old users as I see. Never mind, I don't see anything added for textures and brushes works/tweaks and neither a pro stuff for A.I. paths. I don't feel like I'm losing something.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.
- Pablo Picasso -
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

According to what a server-log file was reporting, I went to check a code from 469b - mainly kicker class code for figuring what was improved there...
It's probably improved or not very improved, as far as I know whatever my custom MyLevel kicker is not messing up physics like plain kicker does.

Code: Select all

if ( Other.IsA('Bot') )
	{
		if ( bWasFalling )
			Bot(Other).bJumpOffPawn = true;
		Bot(Other).SetFall();
	}
	Other.SetPhysics(PHYS_Falling);
	Other.Velocity += Push;
If you cannot see anything wrong here, perhaps I have to ask everyone (including Epic) what's up when you set physics "falling" in water. Does engine deal with this natively or it's causing that movement stuck as in KongLauncher and when Bot starts running in place in water after a dumb code has set him to fall ?
ALL movement physics in water should be SWIMMING and this "scientific stuff" has to be under a sanity check and not just making pawn to fall in any case.
I see in 469 a comment saying that randomize option won't replicate well - I'm agree, client might have another random data than server. It's why randomizing functions are not that healthy to be simulated because I don't think server will match with client here...
Perhaps mappers are not that dumb for putting this in water (except triggerable water zones...) but... I still have to ask about a pawn FLYING why does it need to be bugged with physics falling just like that, I'm finding this kicker class a joke not a code... A Pawn flying doesn't need to be "helped" by kicker in any way because it will move where wants without external "support" because physics flying allows pawn to do moves as it wants. Perhaps Pawns dying in radius also should have another deal here, just saying...
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.
- Pablo Picasso -