DM-Diego-GorhlaCultHQ

Show us and share your created maps.
D13GO_{HoF}

DM-Diego-GorhlaCultHQ

Post by D13GO_{HoF} »

Hey guys

Finally a new map created by me

Another map based in the PS1 Game Valkyrie Profile(still have one more planned for a song i want to use), in this case a Cathedral type map where i went a little bit more with details and decorations objects, still I think i did a fine job on it and hope everyone enjoys it, for the name, it is based in the same map name and i if wanted i could go even further with more rooms and all but that would had make the map way bigger and as it is, its kinda big. Added something personal to it when creating it and didn´t want to show it on pictures, that is why i only put this screenshot, play and it see personal :D

Finally, I check all i can to see for fixes or errors and well i couldn´t see more so please report if needed

EDIT: Feeling like a AAA Game Develop, making Day1 Patches for all i created...... anyway fix version done,
Changes(Thanks to OjitroC for feedback):
-Added more player start spawn
-Created a smaller version of the same song, it use the same name and all from the original one just different size, still it might not work in all audio drivers(imported while using 3d Cluster Audio Support)
-After Nelsona did his long explain here, added the JumpSpot and LiftExit to make bots get the shieldbelt with boots or impact(set it to true)
Attachments
DM-Diego-GorhlaCultHQFIX.rar
DM-Diego-GorhlaCultHQ
(7.92 MiB) Downloaded 147 times
evilgrins

Re: DM-Diego-GorhlaCultHQ

Post by evilgrins »

Okay...
1. Similar to other maps of yours, the .umx makes no sound in-game and in UnrealEd too.
2. Nice map, good flow, bots use the whole space.
3. Stairways were a little extremely angled.
4. Lots of the textures on the walls & columns seem like they're from a less visually complex game. Very blocky.
Attachments
Shot0155.png
Shot0155.png (4.31 KiB) Viewed 4426 times
Shot0133.png
Shot0133.png (989.96 KiB) Viewed 4426 times
Shot0112.png
Shot0112.png (811.13 KiB) Viewed 4426 times
Shot0104.png
Shot0104.png (1.11 MiB) Viewed 4426 times
Shot0102.png
Shot0102.png (744.66 KiB) Viewed 4426 times
Have you hugged a Skaarj today?
Skaarj need love too!
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
D13GO_{HoF}

Post by D13GO_{HoF} »

evilgrins wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 6:17 pm Okay...
1. Similar to other maps of yours, the .umx makes no sound in-game and in UnrealEd too.
2. Nice map, good flow, bots use the whole space.
3. Stairways were a little extremely angled.
4. Lots of the textures on the walls & columns seem like they're from a less visually complex game. Very blocky.
Ok

1.My style, what can I say, still want to see if i get inspire for a different style or type of map, I still don´t get the sound issue, I am using the same process I learned from Dr. Flay by converting MP4/MP3 files to OGG and then import them to UMX(This song was created before 469 update). Also before UT469 i was using the OpenAL Driver, however i see issues on it when exit UT or a test run directly from Unreal Editor, so I am using the default 3D Cluster Audio that came with oldUnreal update.
2.Thanks
3.Huh, well i only change the number of steps and height but ok, still worked out
4. HEY!, I am doing my best to create,capture and import textures from old 90s games, or in this case a PS1 game.... lol :D
evilgrins

Post by evilgrins »

I don't use 469. It's the new thing but it doesn't really seem essential to me, so I haven't implemented it yet.
Have you hugged a Skaarj today?
Skaarj need love too!
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
D13GO_{HoF}

Post by D13GO_{HoF} »

evilgrins wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 1:44 am I don't use 469. It's the new thing but it doesn't really seem essential to me, so I haven't implemented it yet.
Well the only thing i can think of is asking you if you use OpenAL Audio Drivers in UT99 436, that´s what allow me to increase the quality of the music files i import with the restriction that not all audio drivers can hear it, but that is all what i think.
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

One good thing doable is making map compatible and tested in a plain VANILLA install. To me these CloseAL OpenAL and FlawedExperimentAL drivers are not better than original Galaxy which WILL NEVER READ OGG files. Game is from 1999-2000, OGG was not that used in that time, you can forget it and make music normally recognized by Vanilla Editor. I think I know quality music for UT which I've hear over years and has up to 8-10 MB not 38 MB, it's a waste.
Importing_Formats.PNG
Importing_Formats.PNG (26.62 KiB) Viewed 4401 times
As for Bot Support in reaching at ShieldBelt I don't think I need to repeat X times at everyone to look at a Stock Maps for "How To", such as DM-Agony and not by guessing and wasting time. Also it looks like it doesn't worth wasting time explaining Bot Support as long as nobody reads what is about...
Items_Access_LiftTagInStage.PNG
Items_Access_LiftTagInStage.PNG (1.21 MiB) Viewed 4401 times
Woow, it's possible... A single navigation combo which is Bi-Directional does the job and not two combos, no Voodoo Magic, no assumptions, no other "ideas", just like that.
You can even take in account what Polge said
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=326#p1394
More easy
LinkAbove wrote: JumpSpots are similar to TranslocDests, and are also placed in conjunction with LiftExits all given the same LiftTag. Bots understand that in low gravity areas, or in JumpMatch, or if they have JumpBoots, they can also jump to reach JumpSpots. In addition, if the bImpactJump attribute of the JumpSpot is true, higher skill bots will impact jump (using the impact hammer) to reach the JumpSpot. If the bAlwaysAccel attribute is true, bots will use air control to reach the JumpSpot (try this only if they are failing without it).
if my english is heavy. Use "Search" and find word "JumpSpot" in the link above, and in DM-Agony, lol. Read well the typo: It says LiftExits and not LiftExit because this is correct and no other way, exactly, we have an Entry in combo and an Exit so they are two and working in Reverse too.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.
- Pablo Picasso -
D13GO_{HoF}

Post by D13GO_{HoF} »

damn Nelsona..... fine, feeling like a AAA game develop making a day1 patch here..... ok created fix version and now the bots can jump to the shieldbelt and works, just copy what DM-Agony did.. For the music i created a smaller version of the same song, sorry but i want to go for a map based on a game, i go for it including the music

You know sometimes less talk and go direct to the point can help explaining stuff, like saying that Jumpspot works exactly like LiftCenter where you use LiftExit to tell the bot where it starts and where it ends(already worked with lifts in some maps)