Those wrong ones

Show us and share your created maps.
Nelsona

Those wrong ones

Post by Nelsona »

Those wrong ones can be replaced with others way better.
Samples goes below:
MH-Raid_Bot_R18.zip
(4.38 MiB) Downloaded 518 times
- aka MH-Raid but revised.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.
- Pablo Picasso -
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Site Admin

Re: Those wrong ones

Post by SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} »

Ok. I have removed old version MH-Raid from both hof MH servers and added your revised MH-Raid_Bot_R18.
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Here might go other Levels which are messed up by default if you don't mind.

By example I could see a map which is a Skybox for itself. Surprisingly Engine did not crash but this is not the how to do mapping... Eh...
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

I'm going to upload on my probing server MH-Tarmation2_fix5 which is being morphed into a more fixed one MH-Sk_Tarmation2. I gotta figure if ON-Line will not fail at some stuff.
For a different option I can write a sorta "patch" for completing some monsters not for fixing anything in case that player goes bored in all that huge area where are not so many monsters to take down. Why attached and not directly in map? Perhaps not everyone wants extra-monsters there...
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Evil News or Bad News better said - will be a delay for public package delivery...

This map Tarmation2 do seems more rammed than supposed especially when S3TC textures are coming in stage. Good looking everything, it's like you are playing another modern game until Karma just enters the stage. Panel from bosses area nearby elevator's end route have textures bad set. If this it's not that noticeable with stock textures, in S3TCLowEnd they do look pretty much retarded. Take a check:
FLIPTARM.png
FLIPTARM.png (1.05 MiB) Viewed 17174 times
Now I really want to check all these panels because I don't like these stupid things at all. I don't know if original map has this alignment but definitely Fix5 is an utter garbage - lol tutorial sample.
I cannot say that S3TC textures are the best delivery for UT, but they simply show some rammed alignment which were not really seen with default stock speaking about common resolution. I gotta admit those panels are a bit confusing...
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Site Admin

Looks backwards to me.
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

They need to be flipped U V and then aligned correctly - and they have to be tested with "high textured" client in order to figure if are correct. First time I though that they are an S3TC glitch but no, by browsing textures in Editor for figuring their position and high textured client game running in a Window, the game just shows how were mapped by whatever mapper (at fix 5 probably were involved 6+ people) one "porting map" to MonsterHunt, then other five geniuses "fixing" it over five versions and still crapped up. I really cannot figure what was fixed from a version to another. All I have to say the geometry work here is a mess, before almost to get ready for releasing a better one, I still could figure an invisible wall, heavy to notice normally. I had to dodge from a projectile, a bot blocked me a bit and I felt away dying - oops - another bug to solve. Now I was playing it trying to crawl in many spots but it's a hard task to figure every polygon if it does collide or not, then... textures...
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
imyourmomma_{HoF}

Post by imyourmomma_{HoF} »

Tarmation 2 is a fun map. Any thoughts on the Golden Girls Wasted map? That was always a favorite of mine. But it hasn't been on the server for years now. First part of that map was so messed up on the textures or something. Or it was made to be that way on purpose? I would love to see that map back on the server.
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

I'm still working around Tarmation2. I was almost to think that is ready when another null wall killed me. Once fixed, bug was moved in other location...
I went to align stuff in Brutes area which was doing a lot of pain, seriously geometry there was a ninja challenge to solve. Kill zone from bottom went a non-kill zone because of zone leaks, then I have to apply other sort of deal in order to not mess up things, I build error-breaker boxes on BSP cuts lines in propose to block them. Then caves went to HOM - I aligned that too and retest again from beginning because a BSP correction might be harmful in other side - we have 1640+ brushes heavy to track and some of them very miss-aligned. The problem seems that even a brush is not that much on grid - even free rotated it should have coplanar polygons or nasty things are happening... If has good polygons rotation is not that damaging.
Anyway ramp from ventilators pipe done from a main hall subtract and 4 adds ugly mixed, went into 2 subtracts and a bit of vertex editing, more simple and without any pain.
This was before - a stupid mix with solids through each-other:
T2_Before.PNG
T2_Before.PNG (449.7 KiB) Viewed 17148 times
And then I changed it with these:
T2_After.PNG
T2_After.PNG (446.05 KiB) Viewed 17148 times
Ramp to brutes has been recovered from a bad rotation to a vertex editing error free method. Eh... I think worth the work for this good looking level. I might take a tour to lights, coronas if are too big become annoying in game-play. Probably I will update an automated builder to fix all of them in 1 second rather than wasting 2 days for this task...
I had that GoldenGirl and I think I have removed it in that time when I had a server running in public because it was annoying with those textures. I think it was bugged and not set like that because it was nothing funny to play like a blinded one... Perhaps here was removed from the same reasons.
Definitely I will want to check it, these days we have some stuff for Editor and a bit of experience for recovering MH game-play.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Site Admin

imyourmomma_{HoF} wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:14 pm Tarmation 2 is a fun map. Any thoughts on the Golden Girls Wasted map? That was always a favorite of mine. But it hasn't been on the server for years now. First part of that map was so messed up on the textures or something. Or it was made to be that way on purpose? I would love to see that map back on the server.
I could put it back on the server and see why Golden Girls was removed.