Map assessment and pathing enhancements

Show us and share your created maps.
evilgrins

Re: Map assessment and pathing enhancements

Post by evilgrins »

I've never played the map all the way through. Not sure what a Titan-Gun is.
Have you hugged a Skaarj today?
Skaarj need love too!
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Doesn't matter, Bot might show to the player what's the "magic" if won't go full retard with "wings" trash.
MoveTarget_00.png
MoveTarget_00.png (1.48 MiB) Viewed 3613 times
I did a couple of changes and X testing for getting rid of these:
MoveTarget_01.png
MoveTarget_01.png (889.04 KiB) Viewed 3613 times
And then other in walls flight + floating in the sky because "wings" are not deactivated if Pawn's speed is lowered due to some obstruction or a closer wall will block it.

This stuff could be improved with some tracing checks for nearby walls (front test) and going inactive for a few ticks but... these are just very poorly written as many other "packages" for UT. These "covid coders" would need a Lock Down 100 years for finishing their stupid craps.

Nelsona will work here ages for mitigating "great" A.I. codes which are having a baboon level - it's not an offense at them, it's a reality. Map has shooting support for unlocking Titan-Gun. Main objectives can be completed by Bots or helped by Bots if these wings would not do sucks. When Pawn covers you - all it's fine in an open CUBE. If we talk about more rooms I would not be surprised to see random "wall-sex", wings remaining open for flight even if pawn doesn't move anywhere.
Paths can be connected logically for unlocking objectives at least closer to end but... I don't have many hopes due to what wings are doing.

If a Navigation point is higher over ground (for a logic navigation purpose) and its Bot's MoveTarget, if Bot is closer enough, Wings should stop working until next "falling state" letting pawn to land as supposed and finding next point. Code could help Bot by removing his goal and letting him to land and call PickDestination but... these codes are not having too many things with Bots and solving their new problems caused by Wings themselves.

It would be surprising to me finding them able to clean map up to the Queen battle if I'm looking what they do in Second Spawn place. I need to rethink second wings placement and probably filtering map in UGold by deleting garbage specs passing through whatever "grates" and making a mess.
Perhaps a new InventorySpot would be required to lock paths if Wings Item is not spawned, allowing flight (navigation) only if Bot might collect those wings else they will move out of success and falling. But all these tweaks are needed in final stage and then I need a minimal operation for figuring all roaming rooms/places and their right order of objectives execution.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.
- Pablo Picasso -
evilgrins

Post by evilgrins »

Correcting the flying of bots with wings isn't necessary, though. Like I said, I mostly just want to make sure that when they get to the monster island that when they land they can follow pathing to fight monsters. From my own goofing around on the map I've noted they tend to only take flight again if they're following me into the air, but on their own they tend to stick to the ground.

Although, if you're having fun trying to make the map fully accessible to even the bots, by all means continue.
Skaarj need love too!
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Ahem... Mic is ON, let's see first a file (perhaps it's a map depending on user tastes)...
MH-BW-SkyWars_rS1030.7z
(526.17 KiB) Downloaded 161 times
This map has logic connections but MH assaulting state has a point where player is signing the deal with continuing mission - in castle first door after unlocking second spawnpoint is opened by player - pupae door for first battling stage, next ones are chained. Purpose is to make player the leader instead of rushing in Bot style.
Other duplicated actors and junks have been eliminated - it was not so easy...
Finishing map is doable only by player - Queen area, Bots are helping with several prior objectives but player is main participant at ending map. Wings are not compatible with combined flight out of camping spots as solid ground - here would be needed other adds and tests - maybe in future I'll look at codes and wings will go a bit loved in MyLevel for preventing any trouble with packages and compatibility issues...
Known bugs, aka map/game trash:
- flying stuff known as "wings" - those are not codes, I added tiny MyLevel assets as helpers trying to mitigate what those things are doing;
- default Bot Code toward attraction hanging into MoveTarget when this actor is elsewhere and running in walls after re-spawn at random - orders switching should recover the idiot perverting walls;
- other MonsterHunt Accessed Nones;
- Bot annoyed by some monster and flying might run in a wall trying to acquire monster and this looks stupid than a rock...

Idea of such a map is not bad, disturbing facts are incomplete assets used...
Let me know if it needs changes at paths...
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
evilgrins

Post by evilgrins »

Looking good so far, but only tested with bots at present.

1 little thing. Doesn't appear to be a killzone in the "lava". Players that fly down there can "land" and not die.
Attachments
Shot0206.png
Shot0206.png (787.34 KiB) Viewed 3588 times
Skaarj need love too!
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

There I did not checked all places assuming map had all needs but... it looks like it not only had duplicated actors, it's even more messed up, technically wings should help but... only if are taken...

Okay, I'll drop a kill zone over there, tell me how goes "team" generally. If is about editing it again I wanna know what else needs to be changed.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
evilgrins

Post by evilgrins »

Nelsona wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:11 pmtell me how goes "team" generally
Haven't played it myself yet, let the bots have a go.

I've got a skin and some other things on the table... I'll give it a run when I get a chance.
Skaarj need love too!
evilgrins

Post by evilgrins »

Okay, finally played it. Bots handled it well enough, getting hung up on things frequently but doing okay.

Took me awhile to figure out how to enter the Queen's part of the map, and when I did figure it out it seemed so obvious in hindsight.
Attachments
Shot0116.png
Shot0116.png (1.09 MiB) Viewed 3317 times
Skaarj need love too!
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Okay, then a kill-zone is added here for preventing roaming at bottom
AddedKillZone.PNG
AddedKillZone.PNG (746.28 KiB) Viewed 3315 times
MH-BW-SkyWars_rS1030_kz.7z
(543.47 KiB) Downloaded 130 times
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
evilgrins

Post by evilgrins »

Maps working great, and hopefully you'll have fun with this next one.

You mentioned you like trains... bots do not wander far from where they spawn in, fairly typical CTF map with jump pads and plenty of places to duck for cover.

Map has train tracks, going both ways, but no actual train. Tunnels are not the same length on both sides.

Have you ever wanted to build a train? Have fun!
Attachments
CTF-Prt-Train-Station.zip
(2.39 MiB) Downloaded 136 times
Shot0005.png
Shot0005.png (1.14 MiB) Viewed 3298 times
Skaarj need love too!