RocketX-9_01 Beta on RX Server

A SLV derived jets mod used mostly for CTF.
Nelsona

Re: RocketX-9_01 Beta on RX Server

Post by Nelsona »

In my rid I did not have major performance loss, in fact map with double paths was very playable, if they can be optimized this is not bad, but... other codes there are jittering like that false Skynet which can be turned into real navigation by using the right method instead of stacking actors...

I want someone older or younger talking about witnessing a flag captured by a BOT in a RX/SLV game and then I'll trust all that thing... and not a small cube where a blind man can capture flag by accident.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.
- Pablo Picasso -
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Site Admin

Post by SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} »

A very unusual reaction to firing RX at the transparency on CTF-{HoF}SpaceStation.

Before Firing.
Shot0179.jpg
Shot0179.jpg (1.55 MiB) Viewed 7378 times
After firing at the transparency but is only temporary.
Shot0180.jpg
Shot0180.jpg (1.52 MiB) Viewed 7378 times
Not entirely sure this is not unique to my Renderer which is that new D3ddrv11 v1.4. I don't recall anybody mentioning anything about this lastnight.
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Yep, that is Mover and... I'm curious about texture origins...
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Map CTF-RB_SpaceStation][FIX][ which I adjusted and pathed as CTF-RB_SpaceStation][FIX][_FL A.I. test report:
- depending on settings you can have Jets around Flags. Around Jets you can Have fuel;
- Fuel it's engaging Bot to switch to best weapon - I added a small code here - if weapon is enforcer or whatever definitely jet is... more loved - and Bot will switch to Jet;
- When Bot's weapon is a RX JET, bot is capable to "read" air paths else it reads only ground paths out of Jet.
- I've done a basic Behavior but I think I want to do a bit more because if I'm leaving it very simple, it will stay like that for years because... probably no one cares;
- In said map pathed with Flags linked only VIA air way, enemy bots could capture flag - I did not bugged them for figuring if they can finish mission;
- technology in finding special paths might be needing a bit of codes tweaks - so far a stupid stock fly do looks capable to guide Bot in Jet - lol. For some logic considerations located inside engine, pawn unable to move "autonomous" won't see paths even if the rest of conditions are accomplished - I spent some time for understanding the whole thing... Even human player cannot figure where to go because... he/she cannot move, he/she can only move RX not own body which is locked in rocket until ejection process. If Rocket does what pilot want that's another story unknown by engine, DevPath is not understanding jets;
- I used my NsCTF3 game here because... that one is triggering translocation which is triggering Bots to switch at best weapon so air paths are opened when Bot is switching to jet.

Requests:
- when we have a flag carrier out of jet some team Bot should go to pick him up and helping him to bring enemy flag home - here such a bot carrier out of jet will never find the way back home and he must be helped;
- human felt out of fuel in wild area must be picked up by team bot and brought at home or brought at enemy base if objective is enemy flag - everyone must travel there - I'm thinking if wandering pawn only must be helped or everyone out of a jet charge;
- not moving at flag carrier if this guy is driving a jet - we don't want a crash but ejecting is not an answer - better head to home flag and eject around it- there can be found other Jets and then resuming attack later will be possible.

Plonks and myths:
- So-called Skynet which these was having was deactivated because... it did not help in anyway;
- even when I got RouteCache real navigation route pawn could not keep the right direction because guiding function was doing sucks;

Unreal Reality:
Aerial navigation is doable in multiple ways - read this well gentlemen mappers, read this well:
- fake navigation as described here and there when paths over boxes must be connected by spoofing environment and getting Swim routes - here Bot must have jet, or will fell away, or will run under a higher node unable to get into point;
- forced connections with special teleporters having a special handling stuff triggering to switch to best weapon and discarding seeker with a low rated weapon;
- native Air paths using XC_EditorAdds - you might get unwanted stupid jumpy paths here;
- native Air paths using U227 assets available from eight years ago and no one was interested;
- miscellaneous adds - I'll publish a PathsLinker builder/remover for U227 which is capable to remove paths which we don't want or to add paths where we want. Some considerations will go into the right thread about such stuff. Yes, in 2020 we have what we need to guide mapping navigation network exactly how we want and to gain Bot Support in RX games.
- like in real life, we can have two ways from NewYork to NewJersey - air paths more SHORT route, and ground paths - more longer, as alternate paths for those not having money for a plane trip. In UT these can be an escape when jet was gone for some reason and we want to resume navigation.

Yes, starting from this month May 2020, if we have CTF maps with aerial paths - we can have Bot games too...

When codes are a bit ready - I cannot use term finished - Heston will receive them for doing some testing.
Saying these because there are some assets not working as should, codes being UNFINISHED - lights behind jet remaining in certain destruction situation, Bot remaining invisible as well, ect which will need a bit of love, else RX design might be loved or not after needs.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Yep... more things clarified are showing other unwrapped function calls chained... I think majority can be solved...
Another fact surprised me. I'm having a bad habit to check actors with "showall". In map sampled by Diego and pathed by me with air paths I could see a lot of eagle/dragon heads from actors stacked...
What was "entertaining" ? Each explosion or such "HitWall" followed by short time effects and smokes was spawning some... Junkie, so-called debugging stuff, a class called "Util". This "Util" has no use after destruction of said effect or projectile whatever but it stays charging Level with more actors - it's insanity.
I don't get this way of doing mods very expensive in resources for no reason but... I cut them all when actor using them was eliminated... they will stay only for master mutator, and other used things.
Sample of map adjusted and using two routes. Using XC_EditorAdds for more colors and directions view
RX_TwoPathsXC_Eye.PNG
RX_TwoPathsXC_Eye.PNG (915.75 KiB) Viewed 7338 times
And using wreck plain Editor:
RX_TwoPathsNormal_Eye.PNG
RX_TwoPathsNormal_Eye.PNG (718.31 KiB) Viewed 7338 times
Methods are going to be described in corresponding thread.
To not forget an X time explanation for those which are trusting in myths, Editor from Epic is showing as RED paths those ones which are NOT for their SCOUT location/navigation tester, Scout being a ground walker pawn being a fat ass 50×52 cylinder while human and Bot has 20×40 (17×39 more accurate). And because Scout cannot walk everywhere without to collide wall or to get stuck, those paths are red. Why are paths then ? Because by resizing this Scout to Human parameters we can get movement capabilities by adjusting his internal variables accordingly. It's why UG227 Editor can even map aerial routes having no single problem here because Epic have forgot their own engine what is capable to do. Editor is probing spots by resizing Scout at Bot paramaters and resulting RED paths, as you might deducted, these are not so navigable by a Monster bigger than Bot. Aerial paths are RED because Scout doesn't fly so cannot access that way with default features.
In exchange, two nights ago I witnessed first stage of aerial navigation - I forgot to record the name of my MBot doing that - even if this Bot type doesn't have all aerial needs because they weren't designed for that, Bot/MBot can use "brain-sharing" or "brain-teaming" with a Monster having an extra-capability in front of a ground unit pawn. Data is copied - copying data now days is a normal habit (not always legal :mrgreen: ) but it's doable...
This "brain-sharing" is successfully operated by the most wanted "SLBotBrain" class which was the mostly a charger/spammer instead a valid helper. SLBotBrain does the connection between Monster and Bot increasing Bot capability to calculate aerial paths, using DevPath at FULL POWER. Full Power means when monster is annoyed and it starts hunting victim trying to find it based on a nearest NavigationPoint in range skipping some rules. This is aiming mainly creatures capable for firing as long as they do not need to kiss or to hug victim, but suffice for getting an open spot for opening fire at enemy.

And now, one of annoying borks from this mod is trying to attach a decal having NOTHING as texture and spamming junk messages - no one from those making these mods did not see that ? I see a comment: this doesn't work. Of course it doesn't work. You cannot paint a Wall with a NOTHING. Logic ? I think it's logic why it doesn't work. And now I'm hunting decal in cause - here is a whole classes soup which I have to examine.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Bot code might be aggressive but I think it's more aggressive to leave actors behind with replication. In time, I think they are exhausting channels...

Getting over XC_Engine features which is bad-ass at DevPath increasing searching power, I did codes for plain servers.
Methods:
- Bot armed normally is acting normally won't try anything special - at least this is supposed to be in stage;
- Bot picking RX JET will find a new power and might switch weapon to jet;
- When weapon with flying power is at Bot will discover air paths - if exist;
- If weapon is down because might be empty Bot will get back to ground unit state;
- if Bot has aerial paths from whatever point, first node placed higher, technically unreachable by ground pawn will motivate Bot to start Jet;
- directive is granted by Kong;
- here Bot is a bit hard to control because... in combat is trying all kind of "tactical moves" else it might fire Jet the mostly at carrier;
- guardian Bot is not that interested in flying task.

Difficult part:
Finding good timers when current node supposed where Bot is located at a moment must be considered "taken" because Mr. Monster is not exactly there. We don't want to see Bot Moving in the same spot but... perhaps it happens at random so I copied Jet velocity helping a bit Engine.
I declared paths large, perhaps a Warlord can use them if wants or a GiantManta - I did not tested these because are not important here.
I would like to understand all this 3D space math for bringing Monster a little bit forward for making sure that MoveTarget assigned is the Next Node not This Node. But I think I'll do other simple calculation for preventing Bot to deal with the same point. I expected such errors because Monster won't spawn in the same place with Bot and telefragging Bot is also not acceptable.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Site Admin

Wow that was a long read but I get most of it. From what you have said it looks like almost ready for server testing. Thanks for putting in the effort for AI which you seem to know so much about. Atleast we'll still have a more balanced game with AI if we end up short human players.

EDIT: I created an official discord dev channel for RX9.
discord-dev-rx9.PNG
discord-dev-rx9.PNG (147.63 KiB) Viewed 7281 times
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Site Admin

I briefly ran a test and got these warnings.
ScriptLog: Base Mutator is CTF-Chronic_Zen-v2020_dp.DMMutator1
ScriptLog: Mutators RX9_02.Strangemutator,RX9_02.SLHUD
ScriptLog: Add mutator RX9_02.Strangemutator
ScriptLog: Add mutator RX9_02.SLHUD
ScriptWarning: SLHud CTF-Chronic_Zen-v2020_dp.SLHud0 (Function RX9_02.SLHud.PostBeginPlay:0057) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: SLHud CTF-Chronic_Zen-v2020_dp.SLHud0 (Function RX9_02.SLHud.PostBeginPlay:005F) Attempt to assigned variable through None
ScriptWarning: SLHud CTF-Chronic_Zen-v2020_dp.SLHud0 (Function RX9_02.SLHud.PostBeginPlay:0071) Accessed None
ScriptLog: Initiating local logging...
Init: Initialized moving brush tracker for Level CTF-Chronic_Zen-v2020_dp.MyLevel
Log: Spawning new actor for Viewport WindowsViewport0
ScriptLog: Team 1
ScriptLog: Login: SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Log: Possessed PlayerPawn: TMale2 CTF-Chronic_Zen-v2020_dp.TMale2
DevAudio: Galaxy SetViewport: WindowsViewport0
XC_Engine: Browse() End
ScriptLog: XC: Helper Win Closed
DevMusic: Load music: Music zenmusic.zenmusic
Log: AttachDecal: No Texture
XC_Engine: === Last line repeats 5 times.
ScriptWarning: CTFGame CTF-Chronic_Zen-v2020_dp.CTFGame0 (Function Engine.GameInfo.Killed:013D) Accessed None
XC_Engine: === Last line repeats 2 times.
XC_Engine: === Last line repeats 18 times.
ScriptWarning: CTFGame CTF-Chronic_Zen-v2020_dp.CTFGame0 (Function Engine.GameInfo.Killed:013D) Accessed None
XC_Engine: === Last line repeats 6 times.
Log: Getting modelist...
Log: Done.
ScriptLog: Mesh client closed!
XC_Engine: === Last line repeats 8 times.
XC_Engine: === Last line repeats 2 times.
XC_Engine: === Last line repeats 8 times.
I believe this decal deal has to do with the blast mark an explosion will leave on the wall.
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Site Admin

Fixed the Decal problem. Seems texture marks were left out of classes default properties.
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Good... because it's nothing done by me - I did not even open that SLHud and In my end I did not see them - perhaps are HUD related settings - that HUD is mutator added by Master not for mutators-list, I think.

Engine.GameInfo ect - it's EPIC's engine dealing with a killed killer - I do not have this because XC is fixing it and it can be solved by using another Engine file...

Decal... yeah, that's an old flaw as well, it was used a decal without texture - a sort of "lol, I was drunk" while I was coding this...

I'm hunting potential Warnings in Kong for new functions which I modified, SLBotBrain having things removed and all smooth rotation eliminated because I had reasons to do that - stealing flag from a corner should not return a crash and player can turn jet instantly where wants. StrangeShell rocket - main JET - has a few little adjustments but not everywhere.

Kong - it's factor rating weapon and working with Bot/MBot
SLBotBrain - navigation helper because Bot's state when riding rocket won't allow plain DevPath to see anything - the rest is original CTFGame game which is not 100% compatible with Jet - of course, another educated Bot has more benefits - for the moment Bot was under tweaking.

When we do have a flag carrier, team without flag in base should quickly find path to a jet and then finding carrier - CTFGame is not having such directives. It's why a JET CTF must be rewritten with regard to Bot code.

And... perhaps a real complete Jet package would need:
- its Own Bot Pawn knowing all package and linked with it properly;
- its Own CTF controller with... ALL "KILLED" "ScoreKill" rewritten because UE1 is doing sucks...
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -