Here I need your help

Discussions related to Unreal Tournament.
Nelsona

Here I need your help

Post by Nelsona »

After a little small tiny discussion with a player I was triggered to do some research in what we call Evil Sniper Server - where usually we think we have good people. Good means... heh... Here I need your help.

Introducing first the ScreenShot - no worries I can take a lot of these based on demo files...
Amazing_HC.png
Amazing_HC.png (431.08 KiB) Viewed 7583 times
In 8 minutes of 13+ we do have 0 deaths and then 100% efficiency. Let's say that this might not be the bigger problem. The problem comes when you do the kill and finish game with your butt at enemy killed, not with face, which for me it's a strange appearance. In many cases I was thinking it's about a telefrag-kill, but... nope...
If you can see video below I wanna know what do you think...

A smaller copy of video it's here.
Factory_HC_100Eff(ipad).mp4
(6.39 MiB) Downloaded 297 times
Will discuss more after telling me what you think.

Edit:
If this instance it's what I think, and due to a lot of IP-s used, I believe I'll setup a "party" for such sort of "Butt-Kills". It might be time for a mod which I need to think well how to setup stage... Definitely games played by this candidate are not that much Redeemer arenas but mainly Sniper...
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.
- Pablo Picasso -
Cool Cat

Re: Here I need your help

Post by Cool Cat »

650toldyou.jpg
650toldyou.jpg (128.78 KiB) Viewed 7571 times
Image Image
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

The problem is that we do not have perfect toys for a nice demo, these are instances available VIA network because I did some tuning for players, else these images could be badly borked and I couldn't have anything. In order to run this demo I had to perform a few operating tasks having... nothing in a 451 environment...

Perhaps I have to try that small thing which I did for EUT, I'm hoping to have games recorded by server itself and then we can see more even if no one is tracking game in that moment, we can take a random tour later... but I have less hopes from EPIC's Botpack, it's why they never bothered to do a demo menu...

Edit: Other note
I had demo running even after ending game, some Player even figured that he was killed by winner and winner being shown turned around placed a kick-vote against him - not everyone it's ignorant to say "GG" and clap hands. Next match he did not show up...
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
BluEyedBitch_{HoF}

Post by BluEyedBitch_{HoF} »

Happy is one of those players where if everything is not going well for him he will snivel, say something rude, and leave. Always complains of lag, even when his ping is at 35 and OH the server doesn't lag anymore since Nelsona blessed it with his amazingness. No, amazingness isn't a word, but it totally looks like a word so screw it! Anywho!! HappyCamper is exactly the opposite of Happy but he is very much a Camper, dislikes the redeemer MOD, and he's very grumpy and hates to lose. He even hates to get second place! So I would not put it past him to cheat... Every time I would try to be sneaky and spectate him, he would notice me leave, and come back as a spectator, then he would complain of some lagging issues, or that the map is too dark, or this is too this, and that is too that... then he would leave . I have seen him several times end up at the end of a match facing the wall or aiming in an obviously odd direction. When I win maps, I can't think of a time EVER that I finished the map facing the wall. I pay attention to that shit all the time since there's no real way to catch these poor sported cheaters, rather than to record a video, and some people just aren't equipped with the ability to record video. SO ! There's that ! Hope it was of some help!
I'll Shoot You...
...Even in the Back
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

If it comes about lag problem, someone told that has red-flag (lagging signal), by looking at scoreboard his ping was... seriously, dude reconnect, change netspeed...
The server is calibrated a bit over all OS applications but not insane for not slow-down drivers participating in server as well (network , disk reading/writing). By looking at server from my place (over-sea) I don't think US player has problems, until has another sort of issues. Maps not suitable for reasons should have comments in forum and or being subject for learning. Here it's pointless to discuss about lags at 35-40 ms ping unless connection has other sort of borks (updates and all that). My problem was even in some kill instances how fast was recovered score while in first part of game it wasn't exactly the best of the show.

I think I have to write something cute and handy in order to bug these sudden skillz, but I need to think a bit what it's suitable for being fair in the same time...

As for recording, I'm using that poorly coded driver uDemo so called 3.5 or such (I'll explain why later) and I run the demo using the same sort of configuration like in recording time otherwise it's doing sucks. In playing demo you have several advantages:
- stopping;
- accelerating;
- slowing down.

And cons - why said poorly coded:
- in my machine command SeekTo it's a "nice" myth (saying like that for prevent cursing here);
- you cannot do some stunts with packages from different generations - you need exactly files used during record;
- rotations are not exactly those which ViewTarget Player has - it's why I want to listen server's opinion here;
- and more when maps/games are more complex...

Imagine that each time I have to remove XC_Engine for running demo or else game it's crashing without any good log for explanations - it doesn't make any sense those compiling changes.
XConsole seems to have it's own demo deal but missing files are crashing game without anything reported properly.

Even with these, any of you can try to record a game and playing demo in the same client used (with cache) using uDemo. uDemo at least can provide a summary, this is a txt file containing packages involved and then their existence can be checked. In mean-time, I'll post a demo recorded by EUT Sniper Server, and you'll see the other side of recording how does it looks like.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

The next capture:

When I asked how was possible to kill enemy while was aiming at wall, he left. I need some explanations then.
Smaller video below:
Brood_20200327(ipad).mp4
(4.89 MiB) Downloaded 267 times
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
Cool Cat

Post by Cool Cat »

Screenshots taken before match recorded on video. So this "behavior" is consistent, to say the least.
Watch dialog on second screenshot:
Me: Where are you aiming, bro?
[SV]BroDuS*PL: 20 YEARS OF PRACTICE
:lol:
20 years of what? 20 years of aimboting? :mrgreen: For that period of time you can learn how to play good dozen of times. :P
Shot0073.png
Shot0073.png (211.26 KiB) Viewed 7485 times
Shot0076.png
Shot0076.png (201.33 KiB) Viewed 7485 times
Image Image
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Today I played in Evil Sniper at a hour with less players, so I could win a game against Bots and a few players entered later. The real thing is: I DID NOT END game facing a wall as these clowns are doing. We do have people with mental issues. They need to win with any matter even if the winner it's a script and not them. Okay, players with such catches are restricted... even if they have 10 IP addresses, I'll lock ALL. It's not normal to aim a wall after ending game.
And this is available even for CLANS which don't play in their servers, but mooing around with fake "skillz" and even dare to say in a malformed way: GOOD GAME - No sh!t me...
Next Move (I think other server does this) removal of weaponry if game is ended - simple as that. No one needs weapon if game has been ended.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
BluEyedBitch_{HoF}

Post by BluEyedBitch_{HoF} »

Nelsona wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:40 am The next capture:

When I asked how was possible to kill enemy while was aiming at wall, he left. I need some explanations then.
Smaller video below:
Brood_20200327(ipad).mp4
And it looks to me like he tried to quickly change his position when the game ended lol
I'll Shoot You...
...Even in the Back
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Next ones are welcomed here at once with some valid and technical explanations, including those with robot/script names who need further clarifications.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -