{HoF }Bounty's Big Ass Sniper DeathMatch Server

Nelsona

{HoF }Bounty's Big Ass Sniper DeathMatch Server

Post by Nelsona »

Server Address
50.45.233.96:8007
Server is a simple sniper server using Engine version 451b and XC_Engine v24b and a game-type masked as DeathMatchPlus operated by EUTSource.
Server uses 40 tick-rate and 2 CPU Cores. So far it uses normal UT Bots. Future changes are listed here at requests.

MapVote is an old version of V2 - that one which is crashing at too many maps - luckily here are not so many maps and some of them are really good looking ones - All Respect for mappers doing such design.

BHSModR22 running as main server tool is Generation 2 - so far do looks compatible with borked predecessor Generation 1 - it was spitting too many Accessed None errors due to poorly codes without sanity checks. It should be a bit wrapped, I'll look for other issues if will occur.

Other things are explained if they would be requested.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.
- Pablo Picasso -
Cool Cat

Re: {HoF }Bounty's Big Ass Sniper DeathMatch Server

Post by Cool Cat »

Ok i try it a little bit. Ping :? 225.
Image Image
D13GO_{HoF}

Post by D13GO_{HoF} »

Nelsona wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:51 am
MapVote is an old version of V2 - that one which is crashing at too many maps - luckily here are not so many maps and some of them are really good looking ones - All Respect for mappers doing such design.
That means one of my maps is in the server, right? :p
Anyway, This is good to know and hope, it gets populated too.
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Cool Cat wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:18 pm Ok i try it a little bit. Ping :? 225.
If you want to check my ping it was around 250+ but... game with Bots is not that bad... heh...
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
medor

Post by medor »

EUTSource fan here :mrgreen:

That will be really nice if someone can remake it with removing the UTPure part.
Like that we can run it with NN.
medor.no_ip.org
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

In a single moment I wanted to fix some string problems with regard to server-demo part. Instead of wasting time with those codes, I preferred to write something simple, inspired from that part but adjusted and... right now I have a little toy configurable, I don't know if it's helpful but... At least I got what I wanted to find out. As for NewNet perhaps it would be better for Tim to use as base another UTPure version and to reconsider that a mountain of accessed none are heading nowhere. I find more entertaining doing something for an old map instead of spending months with these NN with those funky reactions, the real ping it's real ping and that's all and lags are not solved in any way...
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Never played map DM-Kitchen has been removed as long no one could see it running here. Here is evidence:

Code: Select all

Log: New File, Existing Package (Package MyLevel, Package DM-Kitchen)
Log: Failed import: Package Package Wot.Wot (file ../Textures/Wot.utx)
Warning: Failed to load 'E:\Editor\UnrealTournament\Maps\DM-Kitchen.unr': Can't find Package in file 'Package Wot.Wot'
Warning: Failed loading package: Can't find Package in file 'Package Wot.Wot'
That's all, it has been moved in trash folder. I could not find any "Wot" related package which map was requesting. Just wondering if admin dropping it there has even tested if it could be started/loaded...
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
Cool Cat

Post by Cool Cat »

Nelsona wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:22 pm Never played map DM-Kitchen has been removed as long no one could see it running here. Here is evidence:

Code: Select all

Log: New File, Existing Package (Package MyLevel, Package DM-Kitchen)
Log: Failed import: Package Package Wot.Wot (file ../Textures/Wot.utx)
Warning: Failed to load 'E:\Editor\UnrealTournament\Maps\DM-Kitchen.unr': Can't find Package in file 'Package Wot.Wot'
That's all, it has been moved in trash folder. I could not find any "Wot" related package which map was requesting. Just wondering if admin dropping it there has even tested if it could be started/loaded...
Hey, it's good old map - i remember this map was on old Jeppa server when it was still online. Here is working version with Wot.utx:
https://unrealarchive.org/maps/unreal-t ... 8fbc3.html
Image Image
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Server won't have replaced texture version with another one because it might have impact over another map. This Sh!t name Wot was used by more "mappers" making textures with different content and then conflicts can't be avoided.
Else, map looks CORRUPTED and I do have TWO maps named "Kitchen" by the same total UT Genius. I'm wondering if in years 2000 did not exist a MISMATCH VERSION problem as now days... I think UT has this default problem, and default issue of those claiming that are mappers but having no clue what they do.
I was tempted to fire map OFF-Line - in game menu Screenshot did not even show it was a BLACK square even if map has a supposed ScreenShot but not from MyLevel. I stopped UT using TaskManager as great map as it is - game went stuck, not happening in other maps. To mention that BOTH the same named versions were doing the same damage to my game making it out of response - using whatever Wot texture.
What was more fascinating ? Editor refused to cooperate with me in this map until I went to Editor from v451, if you can believe. From there I exported map in t3d format and going back to default 436/440 Editor where I prepared needed assets and I imported t3d map file operating a rebuild of map in steps: 1 geometry, 2 BSP, 3 Lightning and... checking it, yes checking it before to throw Bot paths, as long as I didn't need to load file with new data specific to pawn navigation if geometry could be bugged - or not bugged.
As long as initial check results were good at this point and I did not see issues during a few games, I builded XC paths - more simple, with less data added in network for no reason. Yes, as long as we don't have to pay for PathNodes, I dropped a few of these in several spots in order to make Bots more active, not jumpy things or whatever aggressive stuff, just for making them out of long time camping. Actually I'm not sure if map with "original" Wot.utx file might even run in all servers, since only Editor from v541 has open it... and also other version did not even show menu. Here 451 wants to open map but Screenshot is black.
451_Only.PNG
451_Only.PNG (87.25 KiB) Viewed 8590 times
In 440 I don't see ANYTHING.
Stupid_Kitchen.PNG
Stupid_Kitchen.PNG (18.67 KiB) Viewed 8590 times
Because this was the attempt for ScreenShot:
The_MostWanted.PNG
The_MostWanted.PNG (504.84 KiB) Viewed 8590 times
And because I like to keep original idea, I have destroyed all Paranoia junks and I got final results as follows - OPERATIONAL:
Final_Result.PNG
Final_Result.PNG (658.83 KiB) Viewed 8589 times
To do:
- testing it in a few more sessions before adding it in play-ground;
- reconstructing a Wot.utx Texture containing all structures and trying to not corrupt internal Groups ? Worth wasting time ?
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
Cool Cat

Post by Cool Cat »

Wow that is really impressive.
Nelsona wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:00 am To do:
- testing it in a few more sessions before adding it in play-ground;
- reconstructing a Wot.utx Texture containing all structures and trying to not corrupt internal Groups ? Worth wasting time ?
Well yea, because you the only person in the world who can save this old classic maps from oblivion.
Image Image