How to Identify Aimbot,Hax and cheaters?

Report problem players on our game servers here.
D13GO_{HoF}

How to Identify Aimbot,Hax and cheaters?

Post by D13GO_{HoF} »

Multi wrote:often times you can easily catch people, I mean if you suspect people, then spectate, then from there, open your console and type

behindview 1

Then hit enter ^^ Just like that from there, you may want to start a demo or fraps or something similar since proof is often better reviewed by a second party to confirm it's not your eyes playing tricks on you.
Someone you trust generally a higher up admin would do the trick.

Aimbots And what to look for:
Snappy movements (For example, a person's crosshair is on a wall, all the sudden, it is INSTANTLY on the enemy and he kills them or shoots out of jet)
Typically these are REALLY easy to spot since the player will often times have a very diffiult time moving or dodging.
'Instant' 180 turns, (You know, the type where the player is facing you, and all the sudden, he's looking directly the opposite direction)
Always getting the same general type of kill or using the same types of weapons
When I say type of kill, when they aim they either always aim at the head, or the body or for instance the leg, I say leg because there are a few known bots that pinpoint locations on the player.
These weapons are almost always Instant hit weapons, such as, he ASMD Shock Rifle, The Instagib, the Enforcer, or The Sniper rifle.
Now there are legit players, like L33t, Satwo, Grim, etc, that tend to favor these weapons so this is where you need to know exactly what you're looking for, mistak4es will often lead to chaos otherwise.
~There are different types of aimbots,
Ones that will only aim at whats in front of them or within a specific view point/radius
This is called, "AimAngle" very often times mistaken for a trigger bot because you can set the radius to 1' or 180' or even 90' and so on,
The jerky or snappy movement will still be there, you just need to have a sharp eye.

Triggerbots and what to look for:
These are ALOT harder to spot, but a trained eye will find them just as easily as an aimbot.
Sweeping movements;
Well this is self explanatory, but let me elaborate.
The player is running, and when he's shooting at someone his croshair and screen keeps going left to right, rather quickly with the player as the center of it.
Now this isnt the work of the bot, but rather the work of the player trying to get the crosshair over the enemy to shoot at them. often times these types of cheaters always use ASMD Shock Rifle, Insta, Or sniper.
That's about it for this one, since there's not alot more to go by.

Radar
Well these aren't always the easiest to figure out often even harder then any other cheat type out there,
Because they reside in the player that's using it's screen, and doesnt help them shoot in any way.
It's still able to be found via spectate though,
Ok, say for instance, a player, he just always seems to know, exactly where you are?
Well sure once or twice can pass as coincidence, but radars often also tell the player who has the flag, who has shield how much shield they have what weapon they have out their location and distance from you AND how much health they have.
So finding them is indeed a bit more difficult but all you need to do is watch them carefully, because say a map like Artic fighter, PLENTY of places to hide, but also easy to find radar users, I mean say a cheater gets sniped by a team mate, all the sudden, he respawns and head directly for the flag carrier who is pretty well concealed.
Flag carrier sees him, kills him, then moves to another location that is just as well concealed but no where near the first, and the cheater heads dierectly for him, yet again. It's often the way it is for finding radar users. they always know exactly where the enemy is, regardless.

Summary:
If it seems they never miss chances are you're dealing with an Aimbot Often times Jerky/ INSTANTLY locking onto the enemy movements is included.
Sweeping movements left to right, right to left, and so on, Typically entailS a triggerbot,
ALWAYS knowing the enemy's location, typically entails radar.

But overall
Use your best judgement Chances are if it's someone like Schlong, the odds of them cheating are Zero.
And always get a second opinion if you're unsure.

Just my $0.02 ;]
BluEyedBitch_{HoF}

Re: How to Identify Aimbot,Hax and cheaters?

Post by BluEyedBitch_{HoF} »

This is the perfect spot to post this video. First , before I post , I just need to say my video is very dark... I dunno why but its still good enough to see this player is OBVIOUSLY seeing through objects. As soon as this video starts , pay attention to this player trying to shoot thru the pool table light , then realizing theres a FUCKIN POOL TABLE LIGHT THERE! He starts to move over and gets his ass blasted by the player behind the light . This went on and on but when i tried to send it to people on FB it wouldn't let me due to file size, so i trimmed it. But let me say this was not the only shot that was attempted thru an object . There was many thru the whole map but THIS ONE was full proof. Clearly a cheater.

I'll Shoot You...
...Even in the Back
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

One word: RADAR
Second chapter: Kick him out all time.
Let me look if are Nexgen records.

Edit: Okay I've prepared an update. Let's see what's next and if dude shows up in forum for explaining his predictions.
Keep in mind that some cheats are heavy to catch being exclusively client-side not replicated and not captured by server or other player.
It would be nice to have a screen capture toy like ACE does but which is not throwing people away for "reasons", now days it doesn't look like ACE is an answer for servers...
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.
- Pablo Picasso -
Kelly

Post by Kelly »

I wonder how difficult it would be to make a screenshot mod? You'd need a client side executable but that's a small price to pay. Did UTAN ever release their source code? Might be worth asking.
I don’t wanna give the end away
but we’re gonna die one day
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Site Admin

Post by SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} »

I recall ACEManager has that ability to screenshot but of course you would need ACE running on the server. Still many false positives and kicks coming from ACE.
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

A minimal set of protection - perhaps too old - it's in that EUT thing. The fact to note, it might be incompatible with hyper scoreboard used here - I don't get it too much. That DeathMatchPlus has a few improvements which I think are not bad after all. If we want to do things making protected mods to not work then let's be happy with BotPack - yes, that wreck...
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
BluEyedBitch_{HoF}

Post by BluEyedBitch_{HoF} »

I don't understand a word you guys are saying , lol, but thats okay. So do I just add this players name to the ban list in game ? Or is there a more permanent way to do this that I am not aware of ? I'm Kinda still new with the admin tools ... Or maybe you guys already took care of it ?
I'll Shoot You...
...Even in the Back
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Ban him if you see him again, discussion here is concerning anti-cheats as well which last time were doing funky things dropping players for hilarious reasons, there is an entire complains list at UT99.org regarding to ACE. If a thing works for 10 people and causes troubles for 1000 then we are good without it unless server will sit empty...
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
a$']['®õ_{HoF}

Post by a$']['®õ_{HoF} »

Nelsona wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:25 am Ban him if you see him again, discussion here is concerning anti-cheats as well which last time were doing funky things dropping players for hilarious reasons, there is an entire complains list at UT99.org regarding to ACE. If a thing works for 10 people and causes troubles for 1000 then we are good without it unless server will sit empty...
Agreed that ACE sucks. It seems to really hate people who run on WINE on linux, given that the dll files are not the windows versions
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

In other hand I understand the problems - even I pointed to Higor how many versions of MSVCRT.DLL did these programmers and not only that one. As result you are compiling something working on system X and won't even blink on a system Y. To not forget VDS types - so called Sand-Boxes - emulators which are not having 100% compatibility with original environment. I'm not sure if everyone is understanding these or will even be capable to compile something like UT was - running mainly everywhere...
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -