Khepera getting kicked from MH

Discussions related to Unreal Tournament.
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Site Admin

Khepera getting kicked from MH

Post by SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} »

He sent me this screenshot. Any ideas? Sorry about uploading the whole desktop but this was uploaded from my iphone.
Attachments
Gpf-Khepera
Gpf-Khepera
C7466618-B0A3-46F7-B872-A039963D6297.png (2.65 MiB) Viewed 9494 times
Nelsona

Re: Khepera getting kicked from MH

Post by Nelsona »

Perhaps it's a crash.. not a kick...
Else this is one of those Levels in which if I start doing some research and explaining borks, a voice will ask me: What's my problem ? Like was my problem not his problem...
As you can see it's not my problem right here, it's a PLAYER crashed. Maybe genius will want to have a polite discussion with us some day explaining what is using for UT mapping... At least we are going to know what to do. For me the most of these TB signed things are history - I found also screwed packages with flaws done right from compiler - What else should I expect when packages used have integrated flaws ? I must ask.

A Note for future such captures:
Guys and girls, use mouse to focus on error window shown and then press <ALT + PrtScr> combination. This will capture only focus window not entire screen.
Do we need to discuss other magic keys from Win-doze ? There is a Video on YouTube toward these - worth watching it.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.
- Pablo Picasso -
Khepera_{HoF}

Post by Khepera_{HoF} »

sorry Nelsona i did not know that about a screen save but thank you for telling me .. i will try to remember that next time
D13GO_{HoF}

Post by D13GO_{HoF} »

or you can use the Snipping Tool in Windows to do the screenshot, like i do
Kelly

Post by Kelly »

This is a badly imported texture, probably not mipped right. You should pull the map until it's fixed, it's going to crash people not using OpenGL.
I don’t wanna give the end away
but we’re gonna die one day
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Say the map-name or partial name if possible. Sometimes I can solve these textures crapped up by "old" mappers. Keep in mind that I did not configured these servers except adding tools for managing starts, restarts, etc. but NOT maps. Maps are "loved" and then I cannot act against love, not even when these are trashes dumped in various forums as maps - but they are loved and loaded causing issues not a single time, and mapper don't even know what is wrong with them.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
Kelly

Post by Kelly »

It's in the error, it's just hard to read: MH-TB-Alitabattleangle(final)
I don’t wanna give the end away
but we’re gonna die one day
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

All right, I'm gonna look around for that texture, more of these TB maps have those Dark borders around various surfaces, I don't get why nobody is explaining to this dude to quit his habits and to add textures normally - even this is not the only issue toward his "mapping". Those "winter" maps are also amazing as concept but those darkish textures are making maps to look as a junk. Comatose it's even crashing players in some area due to whatever "material" crap which should never be used in UT because that BYTE is just a piece of sh!t useless On a damned SCREEN/Monitor but... like he said "I do have problems" not his maps. Not even those crashing at MaxPoints engine border and/or having BSP bugs, no, they are "great ?"... Who cares about crashing player ? The house won't explode, it will just ruin fun and that's all...
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
Khepera_{HoF}

Post by Khepera_{HoF} »

i think i might have figured it out ,, its my internet connection ,, most of the time i get kicked back to desk top it a " general protection fault" i think the data in not getting to me fast enough and crashing the game ,,, just an idea