Stepping away for a while

GunGame for Unreal Tournament.
D13GO_{HoF}

Re: Stepping away for a while

Post by D13GO_{HoF} »

Kelly wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:28 pm I'll keep you guys posted as I find things out. The last week has been a flurry of doctor appointments and car trips to Florence and Eugene so the stress level has been pretty high. We don't have a good local team for this that's in my insurance network so I'm doing most of my stuff through Eugene. Luckily they have a satellite office in the hospital at Florence so that's only an hour away.

I'm sorry to just stop everything but this is about as serious as things could get for me. A lung metastasis is very bad news even this far out from my first bout. It's surprising for sure but not unheard of. Not sure where things will go from here but I'll post back when I know something. Did I send you the current version of GunGame so you have it? You might ask Nels if he wants to pick it up and run. I don't know if or when I'll ever get back to it now :(

I don't mean to sound macabre but if things don't go well let's have dinner once Heston before I get all fucked up again. I'm sure I'll be at OHSU for some sort of follow-up. It'd be nice to formally meet someone who's been a friend for so long.

Have fun guys.
Damn, didn't expect so much movement for it, mine was only go to the hospital for some tests and then go directly to the surgery.
In the 2nd surgery it was for something similar to you but near my intestines, got hospitalized before getting surgery and after that for safety, they add chemotherapy session, finally, years of medical check appointments, CTs(Computerized Tomography Scan) to finish this
Kelly

Post by Kelly »

Just a quick update for you guys. I'll probably stop posting after this so it doesn't keep taking over what should be a forum dedicated to gaming.

Went and saw my cancer doc today. Sent me down for an immediate CT scan and we discussed potential directions moving forward. This will involve surgery but I don't know about chemo or radiation yet. I guess stuff like that is decided when they convene the 'tumor board' and the doctors discuss things. Right now I'm just getting it all ready.

I'm going to go poof now. You can archive my account if you want but I'll still log in from time to time to read what's going on if you don't. It's been a lot of fun my friends. Have a great Thanksgiving and a wonderful Christmas!

Peace!

(Nels, you are welcome to lock this thread if you want as I have no intention to post anything further. I hate saying this personal stuff and detracting from a gaming forum but I wanted you guys to know why I didn't finish GunGame.)
I don’t wanna give the end away
but we’re gonna die one day
evilgrins

Post by evilgrins »

*hugz*
Have you hugged a Skaarj today?
Skaarj need love too!
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

The closing of the topic is done when there are chances to deviate from the norms of normal ethics. In this case, off-topic reasons influence the normal course of action and then we can say that they become part of the topic. The topic I think should stay open because maybe someone else in the future will want to work on this. If he/she has something new, he/she will not be able to bring it up without creating another topic for the same thing - why should we have more topics for a single subject. We consider that here is not UT99.org where we post for the sake of posting posts and we find three the same subjects in 3 different topics instead of being updated initial topic.

Good luck, Kelly, we are waiting you back.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.
- Pablo Picasso -
papercoffee

Post by papercoffee »

Kelly ... You'll make it and come back or I'll get over to where you are and kick your butt!!!

All my best wishes to you, my friend.
Kelly

Post by Kelly »

Hey guys. I said I'd not post again but I felt it prudent to let you all know what my current status is. In a nutshell I think things are OK. Now on to the full explanation....

I have a mass in my right lung apex, right where you'd most expect metastasis to be. After way too many doctor visits, xrays and CT scans it appears that the mass is almost surely fungal. I'd been battling a bad bit of thrush (throat fungal infection) a couple of months ago. It was keeping me from joining teamspeak because my voice sounded so bad. It hurts like hell too lol. I was using topical medicines but it ended up spreading down into my esophagus so I had to use oral antifungals. That stopped it but it appears that it had spread into my lung and I wasn't aware of it. I knew my chest was sore but I thought it was because I'd been doing a light workout every morning at the gym so I didn't think much about it.

I'm on medicines now to stomp out the fungal stuff and I have another CT scheduled for 12 December to see if it has shrunk (fingers crossed). I may still need surgery but my doctor stressed I'm not in danger. I guess they can tell bad masses from good by the edges on them and the way they present. Mine has none of the bad looks and so he didn't even want to risk a biopsy of the lung.

I'm sorry to have worried anyone. I really thought this was it for me. For a couple of weeks all I could look at was the xray of my lung and even I could see the big ass spot on it. This is textbook way for guys with my cancer to go and I thought that was it. I spun into a terrible depression, it was just a mess. I have no excuse other than I got scared.

Anyway I thought you might like to know. I'm probably not going to resume anything since I've shut it all down to concentrate on improving my health. I just don't want any unnecessary conversation about me because my U-friends don't know how I am. It looks like everything is OK.

Holy shit. Whew.....
I don’t wanna give the end away
but we’re gonna die one day
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Site Admin

Post by SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} »

That is good to hear Kelly. Yeah work on your health and don't worry about any unfinished projects. I've been working on gungame and should have it ready in a few weeks to test.