Suggestions/Ideas/Thoughts

GunGame for Unreal Tournament.
Kelly

Suggestions/Ideas/Thoughts

Post by Kelly »

This first post will serve as a condensing of any ideas in this thread. I'll color code them later as they are used or discarded.
Green means this is in the current build of the game and functions as intended
Yellow means it is in the game but not functioning perfectly
Red means not yet implemented

-Weapons should be decided by use of an ini file. Admins should be able to use any weapon they want (provided they function like a normal UT weapon).
-There should be a default game using default weapons that will play immediately without needing changes. It should just 'work' once installed.
-Gametype should ship with a default melee weapon (knife?) but this could also be changed provided it was swapped by another melee weapon.

This bot section is not going to be implemented. Any restrictions placed on the bots for their scoring screws everything up. Bots are just going to win sometimes. Get better or use dumber bots :lol:
-Bot selection switch that allows:
(1) Bot kills count as normal kills always
(2) Bot kills only count if there is one person on the server
(3) Bot kills are never counted

Full weapon reload on successful kill.
̶F̶u̶l̶l̶ ̶h̶e̶a̶l̶t̶h̶ ̶r̶e̶f̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶s̶u̶c̶c̶e̶s̶s̶f̶u̶l̶ ̶k̶i̶l̶l̶.̶ (feature removed)
You can steal a level once per game with the melee weapon.
The person you kill with the melee weapon loses a level. Again, once per game.
If you suicide you lose a level.

Reward system for kill streaks. Three kills in a row gives you 10 seconds of 15% speed boost and jump height.
I don’t wanna give the end away
but we’re gonna die one day
D13GO_{HoF}

Re: Suggestions/Ideas/Thoughts

Post by D13GO_{HoF} »

well you already have 1 idea i wanted when schwartz was attempt it, give the chance to choose what weapons you wamt and in what order they appear.

Something i remember is that schwartz attempted to make it so you need to kill multiple enemies with the same gun before level up, while keeping the same amount even after getting kill. i don't know if Heston can do it so it can be after 2 or 3 kills without getting kill.

Lastly, i saw a video of the original gungame in CSS, everytime you respawn, it shows your level and the leader ones, maybe add that to UT99 gungame but also only for you it shows how many kills before level up(if program for multiple of course)
Kelly

Post by Kelly »

Of the things that have me concerned this is near the top of the list. I need to figure out a way to quickly show the players, their 'level', and who is in the lead and by how much. This wouldn't be hard if there was a set weapon list but allowing it to be altered means I'll need to figure out some generic display to present the information to the players. Still thinking that part over.
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Site Admin

Post by SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} »

Best thing to do from here is for me to post my old CSS gungame configuration ini. This way you will have good idea of how gameplay is suppose to be setup.
Kelly

Post by Kelly »

I played a bit of Christ's Gun Game and also Heston's version. Now I'm really torn. On one hand I'd like to make this configurable but on the other I *really* want to use the CSWeapons that I did for BRUT. Being able to specifically code the mod to work with certain weapons would make the HUD and scoreboard so much better and the code could be way simpler but then players are forced to use those weapons forever.

I don't want to have to do a split track development on this like BRUT/BRUTUS so why don't you guys tell me the direction to take. A simpler but configurable experience or a more detailed but restrictive one?
papercoffee

Post by papercoffee »

SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:11 pm Best thing to do from here is for me to post my old CSS gungame configuration ini. This way you will have good idea of how gameplay is suppose to be setup.
You played it on CSS ...was it similar to the CS1.6 version?
Kelly wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:17 pm On one hand I'd like to make this configurable but on the other I *really* want to use the CSWeapons
Don't.
Let it be UT for once :mrgreen:
D13GO_{HoF}

Post by D13GO_{HoF} »

papercoffee wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:23 pm
Kelly wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:17 pm On one hand I'd like to make this configurable but on the other I *really* want to use the CSWeapons
Don't.
Let it be UT for once :mrgreen:
Agree, give it a more UT99 feel to it
Kelly

Post by Kelly »

Roger that gentlemen. No more discussion of the CSWeapons.

I do have a question though concerning the weapon selection. Would it be better to spawn the weapon on the player and just remove ammo usage or should there be an ammo limit? We need to be careful with this since weapons have a very large range in the way they are coded and used. For instance if you remove the need for ammo then there would be unlimited redeemers. Also it could break other weapons that are single-use like some of the chaos stuff.

Really though as I'm typing this I'm just convincing myself that it should be up to the admin to test the weapons they want to use and discard any that are non-standard. If we go trying to account for everything it's going to be a mess. 90% of weapons should do just fine with it as it already is and that's probably good enough.

This is the HUD:
Shot0002.jpg
Shot0002.jpg (99.37 KiB) Viewed 48174 times
How would you suggest this is improved? Also here's the scoreboard. Suggestions there would be good too:
Shot0003.jpg
Shot0003.jpg (111.8 KiB) Viewed 48174 times
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Site Admin

Post by SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} »

papercoffee wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:23 pm
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:11 pm Best thing to do from here is for me to post my old CSS gungame configuration ini. This way you will have good idea of how gameplay is suppose to be setup.
You played it on CSS ...was it similar to the CS1.6 version?
CS:S Gungame is by far the best version I have ever played. CS:GO Gungame was good as well.
D13GO_{HoF}

Post by D13GO_{HoF} »

Well Kelly, for me it will be better to just provide the weapon and a 100% clip for it, now if you drain all your bullets then go entirely melee or maybe, just maybe add some kind of ammo for all weapons similar to the backpack in Doom for emergency but i know it can't, similar to health too due to the original game mode doesn't have them