Changes to the Rental Server

Nelsona

Re: Changes to the Rental Server

Post by Nelsona »

New updates:
Two MonsterHunt maps have been added, one of them has a small tweak not needed in this server but... for a map leeching task this one will look a bit different other MonsterHunt games. Let's say that we don't need many explanations about these changes, were a couple of bugs, one of them is default collision crash deal based on a BAD setup also chances to break map depending on player's habits, I won't take known risks as a server load.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.
- Pablo Picasso -
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

December update - probably not the last for this year - I'm looking for good Levels...
Coroner mutator added should adjust a bit visual things, it was tested a while, download it's available as well for others from various communities.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

The bump update based.

I was checking around some "news", not that funny and not that pro, the mostly supposed fixed but not that rich in fixes and for textures aligning part probably not even a single fix. For now I've setup more textures and some assets in map which is now called MH-Freeky_Rv18 because lousy things from there didn't make me very excited about it. Given known problems of long time moving movers and attaching lights to them and my affinity for trains, this map might be a "How To", Bot support is natively available, I left a bit of dynamic patching availability if it will be needed (adding more ammo, plants, etc). So far it works as it is in pure format tested without regenerator mods.

Cache rippers and stunt performers which wants modifications might be warned about Bot Support - compatible with Plain UT but done using XC assets - by rebuilding A.I. Paths in Level will result some bullshit spots causing loops and... broken routes making Bot useless (Good Luck with modifications out of XC_EditorAdds !). All ammo in map and several Inventories to close each-other are not having navigation markers for preventing navigation bugs. Don't say that I did not warn you.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Point 1)
Not related to MonsterGamingServer but... linked somehow - I discovered a duplicated redirect download at a map which is... strange.
Surprise - someone was busy to go moron making a mess at a moment. Redirect service was sending me a strange UZ map which was not map original MH-Forbidden by Shrimp, but another one - yes, redirect had a MISMATCH. - Redirect has now ORIGINAL MH map from Shrimp and not the trash.
If you as why I used term "moron" I'll explain immediately.
Map uz was almost similar with original but not original - excuse my curiosity - definitely an edited one. Due to builder which I did, a simple scan in both these MH-Forbidden maps was showing changes that are visible, in last line original had 811 actors, modified one has 806. Some changes are as follows:
- Several InventorySpot types have been wrapped in changed version;
- MonsterWayPoints deleted - lol, loser;
- Added 3 MonsterTriggerMarker types for no purpose.
Shrimp wrote:

Code: Select all

//--[[[[----
// ============================================================
// MonsterTriggerMarker
//       		=== Monster Hunt ===
//
//       Copyright 2000 - 2002 Kenneth "Shrimp" Watson
//          For more info, http://shrimpworks.za.net
//    Not to be modified without permission from the author

// Doesn't really work, don't use it...
// MonsterWaypoint does what this should have

class MonsterTriggerMarker expands NavigationPoint;

#exec Texture Import File=textures\MHMarker.pcx Name=MHMarker Mips=Off Flags=2

defaultproperties
{
     ExtraCost=800
     bSpecialCost=True
     Texture=Texture'MonsterHunt.MHMarker'
}
Translation: Class is crapped, doesn't even have any SpecialCost defined and MH controller does nothing here, as explained in code's comment, this is obsolete. Then... we f.beep.d a mismatch for making a mess in original map and having this newer trash in redirect. Shrimp did map enough properly (okay, small flaws) and someone was busy to make a mess with it...
Entertaining, right ?

Point 2) MonsterGamingServer has now extension XC_Engine v22 - released December 2018.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Site Admin

Post by SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} »

Thank you for fixing that mismatch. I'm sure it won't be the last.
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

For other memories, I've added MH-Revenge][ by Shrimp - still suitable for XC_MonsterHUnt and MH2 running there... I really forgot about it - my bad. MH-Trials needs a patch for last area...
For CTF I was looking around... eh, poorly stuff here toward AlternatePath but I found one suitable without such must-have needs CTF-300K-JumboGumbo, I could feel the "WAR" in here so I think it's suitable for this ground.
For completing poorly CTF works generally - perhaps even applying patch files, I did a CTF checker builder for a quick examination around AlternatePath - this actor or a custom child is making the charm of CTF and it should be balanced well. It's hard to see a map well balanced because it's about SelectionWeight parameter that has a word toward frequency of picking such an AlternatePath - but this is not a high priority at setup as long as MBot has a separate deal here on its own. We just need to have these Actors or... if map it's nice, we are going to deploy them in run-time.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Bumpy.
I changed some value in Map-Vote because it was doing a bad thing at game-tie in Custom CTF, firing Votes in OverTime case.
I was digging around 1-2 hours for figuring what does who and where, why the match is not waiting "sudden death" and it's even changing map in this over-time period. The strange thing was that I knew these map-votes and game-types running fine together but I did not expect that some value doing evil things...
It was about bCheckOtherGameTie which looks like out of Assault and Domination... might allow to end match at end of time if it's false, ignoring the score problem which can be the same for both teams and then unable to claim winner because game was still running and MapVote is changing Map during game session. These were aiming custom games, and here we do have such customized things which have to be allowed to work with default rules.
Function CheckForTie() for above false value returns a false response as well and it allows MapVote to enter in vote-time mode and switching Level if no one is voting. I think it was the same for any custom TDM because... said value was removing Game-Tie deal and initializing Vote timer. I really forgot these features, a long time I did not work with Map-Votes after stabilizing them a bit...

To be honest MapVotes type LA were pretty good mods having small issues with monsters but main core allows... options for who is familiarized with them.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Strategy changed.
Because I don't like writing tickets all time to NFO servers and asking all kind of changes at run-line, I discarded usage of run-line, making start and first setup based on INI file and whatever starter actor "turning on lights" over there. Run-line is now simple calling difficulty, ini used, log name, and other specific needs for (virtual ?) Machine hosting server.
ActorCPL is not one of my favorites and it's not compatible with this starter type but I used bits from it accordingly. Simply will work when Logo-Map is loaded traveling server with configured mutators and letting his brother ServerStarter to negotiate a quick fake match on purpose to trigger MapVote to a random map, loading properly game-type and mutators accordingly. So far was working like a charm, last change needed according to this deal was done by technical support very quickly (in perhaps 10-15 minutes) and from now on replacing with other MapVote or some "run-line type mutator" is doable using INI file without to call technical support. That support was needed because of new commandlet probably not supported by web interface for controlling server and only a technician was allowed to manage server's run-line for such a case.

Respect for NfoServers and their tech guys !

These things are on purpose in any possible future loading some server specific mutators with a higher priority but with option for removing them at will very quickly without any support from outside.
At this time I removed AimBotScannerX because is doing a lot of false positives - tracking cheaters only based on rotation without taking in account damage it's obsolete. I can rotate all day long without to harm pawns and then all logs are entirely false.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

2019 Beginning

Freeky map has been changed/fixed because in a dark spot had a missing texture - hard to figure after only a few games.

A supposed CTF-Face redone has been added after fixing having suffix Rv19. Map has warp-zones, technically MonsterGamingServer should not have problems but maybe player (original stock here). If server will have a problem here - this FACE map will be history. Supposed improved map which I used as support for this one has the same bugs like original Face and which are fixed:
- TeamTriggers for A.I. have logic setup;
- Useless LiftExit-s removed;
- Less PathNodes because we don't need this load - paths cleaned by useless data;
- fixed VacuumZone - Was leaked in play area - LOL mappers;
- Pushed up some ammo which seemed to fall;
- removed Cannons - THESE ARE NOT CTF stuff;
- deleted BlockAll - no longer needed;
- space asteroids are visible On-Line - more space-like effects - they are original but with properties adjusted for Net play;
- Not a very need here but we do have AlternatePath-s for a bit of randomization;
- Small touches at some brushes - here I must check well if other nasty visual flickering is happening because in "original" this was visible.

In mean-time I will acquire and fix other CTF "announcements" (which are flawed by default) because if I ask authors to fix them, some of them don't even know how to check paths in Editor from ViewPort - so fixing will be only another copy not a bug-fixed one. My builder can detect properly what is there faster and more accurate than any mapper... because no one has it yet - I have to think what do I need to add there if I have to release it...
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Bump timer expired.
Server has been updated with XC_Engine v23, patch files are still available normally, several tweaks not needed are inactive - running customized XC plugins which are supporting configuration. If errors are encountered in DM CTF matches, they are going to be reported. Bots are also available.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -