godless...

Report problem players on our game servers here.
Tman

Re: godless...

Post by Tman »

I've been back on the servers for several days, thing i have noticed from "godless"..

ability to shot through walls
ability to hide outside of map but still get frags
and on 2 occasions have seen the maps of his/her choice won even thou it was a 2/1 vote

something doesn't seem right but being a stay at home dad I probably get more time then most to jump on the servers + i have to make up for a 4 months ive lost being afk..

but unless this player knows every loop hole and fault to how the server and maps work.. something isn't right. also 4 months ago i had not seen this play at all and i was spending between 4-6 hours on the servers at a time daily..
Tman

Post by Tman »

also sorry for bump old post
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Tman wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:06 am also sorry for bump old post
Nope, this it's good to know that in server will need to be placed some "Agent007" for directly watching player and inspecting those "maps" I'm supposing... because some of those titles doesn't look that nice and probably that was not a serious work toward mapping. By using maps having exploits the game will never have quality. Now I'm interested to release disk space here for having place for stupid cache content needed to be downloaded from there in hoping to not forget the purpose for join until downloads are done...
Let me go into roamer suit and to change my IP first...

Edit: One issue so far which I found is that CHEATERS here don't seems supposed to get caught. Spectators will need a password, so not everyone is allowed to detect cheaters. Aside, I have download over 180 MB+ because maps were changing during this time and then I see that it's nothing doable toward spectating and capturing/recording a few things. If server has this type of administration then I can step back into my box letting admins to manage (or NOT interested to manage) activity over there, due to said reasons I cannot confirm that "godless" is cheating or not and what it does there. Good luck with administration over there, don't count on me.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.
- Pablo Picasso -
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Site Admin

Post by SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} »

Nelsona wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:45 pm One issue so far which I found is that CHEATERS here don't seems supposed to get caught. Spectators will need a password, so not everyone is allowed to detect cheaters.
Check your private messages.
a$']['®õ_{HoF}

Post by a$']['®õ_{HoF} »

Nelsona wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:45 pm
Edit: One issue so far which I found is that CHEATERS here don't seems supposed to get caught. Spectators will need a password, so not everyone is allowed to detect cheaters. Aside, I have download over 180 MB+ because maps were changing during this time and then I see that it's nothing doable toward spectating and capturing/recording a few things. If server has this type of administration then I can step back into my box letting admins to manage (or NOT interested to manage) activity over there, due to said reasons I cannot confirm that "godless" is cheating or not and what it does there. Good luck with administration over there, don't count on me.
[/quote]

ive seen people who appear to be obviously cheating (too many headshots in a row, way too quickly. I'm talking people that can out-perform our best players. People using a second idle connection to manipulate mapvoting) and cannot/will not say anything about it for lack of evidence. IMO (which i understand counts for very little, as i am the new guy) Clan should all have spectator password. i cannot see a motivation for any of us to cheat with spectator as id like to think we take improvement of our skills seriously
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

When I'm talking about Spectator I'm referring to a "manual" Anti-Cheat method. What can do a spectator in game ? Mainly nothing ? Or exist evil spectators ?

Aside, if I want to check a server with people playing, maybe is good to check that server if has a suitable environment for the personal style of game-play, what players are there, I.Q. Level generally. Allowing around 2 spectators won't hurt if are let's say caped at spectating time. Perhaps spectating games for 10 minutes should be suffice for not taking a slot just doing nothing. But... now I'll try to figure who is playing and how is playing, what maps are those - to not forget (admins as target) there is a small tool called No16Bit or such. This mod was developed in the past forcing all player to have display on 32 bits because on 16 bits some walls might go randomly transparent and other player can be seen and location predicted turning player into an easier target. Yes, a server do needs a lot of problems to get solved due to this old game rushed and poorly coded.
If you check some topic at ut99.org, a cheater bypassing ACE checks has been caught by admin spectating, else even an advanced player can hook a cheater, there are various methods for capturing cheating instances.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Speaking about "godless" or other players capable of firing through walls, maybe we should not really entirely blame them.
Using some of my lousy skillz in graphic arts I'll show you something:
Wall_Fire.PNG
Wall_Fire.PNG (14.48 KiB) Viewed 8227 times
I have recreated somehow an instance around a Skaarj holding weapon exactly as player does. At random, depending on weapon, Pawn can fire weapon when goes closer to wall because Weapon's FireOffset location, I mean location for spawning projectile is far away behind the wall having a good distance from pawn for preventing any collision of pawn with his own projectile - even Brutes might fire through thin doors or walls - those playing MonsterHunt can figure this problem. This is a sort of bug which the most of weapons have. Skaarj could fire UT_FlakCannon even killing me from behind wall while I could not damage it, in rare cases but happened. I think I witnessed such a kill in server, because some of those maps are representing towns and buildings and their walls are very thin allowing such bugs to happen. If server prevents a self damage for pawn instigator, player is encouraged to check which walls are suitable for such a task. Now draw conclusions why some maps are over-voted... Players playing maps more times probably know a lot of such spots where enemy if can be seen, will retreat from sight firing through wall. Redeemer being strong is doing damage even without a direct hit. So... enjoy...

More info will be posted when other data will be acquired.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -