{HoF} Blue's R&G Playground | hofgamingclan.com

Cool Cat

Re: {HoF} BluEyedB*tch's R&G Playground | hofgamingclan.com

Post by Cool Cat »

SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:01 am Made those adjustments you requested Cool Cat.
Awesome - i already played in the midnight with 4 other players. See - as soon as changes was done i first time play there with 4 skilled players. Earlier it was nearly impossible to meet there several players at once. Maybe coincidence, i don't know.
But it was great. :D
P.S. I'm so tired that you know who curses and yell at me for no reason. Such relief that this person can not pop-up in PM and yell his nonsense. Like an old good times when i play on euro servers, where admins never show up, with best players of the world.
Attachments
Shot0059.png
Shot0059.png (237.93 KiB) Viewed 10834 times
Image Image
Chrescht_{HoF}

Post by Chrescht_{HoF} »

I think most of Cat's suggestions are excellent, except that the hDM weapon (in the current config, which has also excellent translocator settings) is by far my favorite weapon on that server (followed by dDM), and I would not like to miss it. I also liked the liquidsteel but it disappeared somehow some time ago. :tease:
Chrescht_{HoF}

Post by Chrescht_{HoF} »

Everything is fine, the hDM weapon is still there ... many thanks! :)

Concerning the latency problem (high ping) mentionned by Cat, when you are in Luxembourg (Europe), the NFO servers look like this:
NFOservers.png
NFOservers.png (45.4 KiB) Viewed 10791 times
So having a server in Frankfurt would make a huge difference for players here in Europe, and possibly lead to many more players. Of course the little drawback is that players from the US will then be the ones with high pings. :(

When I brainstorm about this, I sometimes think that perhaps we should run the sniper server in Europe until it is full of players :twisted:, and then we could slowly bring it back to New York or so :). Or perhaps there could be two twin servers, one in the US and one in Europe, and as one becomes more popular, so would the other ... :)

But as these ideas are expensive and complicated to implement it is probably better to think a bit more about this...
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Site Admin

Post by SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} »

I will look into hosting a server in the UK. If I do this Nelsona will be your admin for this location.
Cool Cat

Post by Cool Cat »

DM-1on1-Banktrix.zip
(523.36 KiB) Downloaded 199 times
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:58 am I will look into hosting a server in the UK.
No, please, don't do that. Server is already half-time empty. Creating another clone will make both clons will be completely empty. Chrescht_{HoF} does not understand how little players left in UT99 world. The only strategy for Blue server is to outseat other servers until they owners walk away or ban everyone there for being better players then they are. :lol:

ALSO, RIGHT NOW: :!:
Problems of voting for wrong map is continue. Right now i just being alone on server voted for 24HoursFitnessDarker. Instead i get "Master Bedroom". Not every voting end up with wrong map, but some of them do. This should be fixed, it's going for long time.

ALSO, SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}, pretty please add without any modifications map Banktrix to blue server. It is very old and very funny map. When there is like 10 players online it is HILLARIOUS. I once can't stop laughing when played it online. Superb map, pure and simple. Server constantly seats half-empty it needs map when even 3 players can get satisfactions from playing, not search each other on huge map like Chernobyl.
Image Image
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

For a map voted and not loaded, one of reasons known to me it's missing required dependencies, certain file is screwed up or is missing. There I will need to investigate logs, either way voting that map and then... rebooting server for saving old log file for examination.
I'll look over that Bantrix map for primary checks if it's in a good state for a network game.

Perhaps another one of those maps which is not working is "DM-Darkfight" whatever. Here it's involved some of those trashed textures causing mismatches and pain.

Code: Select all

Log: Failed import: Package Package WOT.Architect (file ../Textures/WOT.utx)
Warning: Failed to load 'DM-Darkfight.unr': Can't find Package in file 'Package WOT.Architect'
Warning: Failed to load 'Level None.MyLevel': Can't find Package in file 'Package WOT.Architect'
HOF servers are using the same redirect and then... Who knows how many maps are suddenly affected if things are changed. I'd rather prefer to examine map and doing an edited version having required assets in MyLevel. It's a bit of work but it will prevent a wide damage done at multiple servers with one single bad move.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.
- Pablo Picasso -
Cool Cat

Post by Cool Cat »

Nelsona wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:14 pm I'll look over that Bantrix map for primary checks if it's in a good state for a network game.
Just, please don't do changes in map like altering bot pathways and item place etc. Because then it is not the same map and not the same experience.
Also this map is 20 years network proven and created by known Unreal Engines guru.

This is from just now, we play with -=CoN=-Bicholator :
Shot0080.jpg
Shot0080.jpg (340.94 KiB) Viewed 10548 times
Image Image
D13GO_{HoF}

Post by D13GO_{HoF} »

After all this changes, I have a personal question, does my maps are able to be in the server, ofc I am choosing the big ones for sniper and they will provide a different flavor due to their cartoonish/game aesthetic and the music i used on them and finally they are big but not gigantic like some of the normal Evil ones and they are not completly dark either.

Those maps are
DM-Diego-BattleshipFIX(little changes and a fix on a big hole in the space texture)
DM-Diego-{HoF}FortuneNight][FIX(one tunnel teleport was not working)
DM-Diego-Warehouse][(The Original one, not the ripoff that I think it was modify badly by Evil and only did a texture change in some boxes)

All of them have bot support and all weapons locations are accessible without items.
If you say No to them, that is fine, atleast you said it here and in a more polite way than screaming and insulting.

If no sure about it, you can dowload them here or the UT99 forum I use as archive using the link in my signature
Nelsona

Re: {HoF} Blue's R&G Playground | hofgamingclan.com

Post by Nelsona »

Cool Cat wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:21 am Just, please don't do changes in map like altering bot pathways and item place etc. Because then it is not the same map and not the same experience.
I added map as it is without changing anything. It has some triggering system which A.I. won't understand but it doesn't use actors messed up for a server so it's usable in original state.
D13GO_{HoF} wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:38 am All of them have bot support and all weapons locations are accessible without items.
If you say No to them, that is fine, atleast you said it here and in a more polite way than screaming and insulting.
No, it's not always about Bots, you should check well another stuff added/used, like those previous sounds which were causing certain players to crash. You can for get "OGG" music format or others and use STABLE solutions unless you want players to get thrown out by UT drivers which are not knowing assets done after years 1999-2000. Feel free to upload maps there and look for issues.

Why I'm recommending checks ? Because I examined a random log file and I see several maps never played because they do not have required files - server was previously loaded like a Truck with files and some of their requirements are missing or are screwed up (Wot textures here as a sample). It doesn't surprises to me that next maps might fail to travel/load due to their names and after previously server has failed to load missing files probably doing some corruptions. UT v451b has some strings issues and then I can expect unpredictable reactions in votes. It's all about checking a few time every single new map added.

As a Note for readers/visitors
Maps where I'm solving A.I. issues for turning them in better warriors are aiming generally "Monster Gaming Server" not the rest of servers where players are not getting used to see Bots in top of scoreboards because I see them frustrated when are owned by low skilled Bots or... advanced players, and then... good players probably are going to be banned. Either way in 2001, it wasn't generally enough experience in community with UE1 for delivering the best options in this stage - because UT was too "young" for being enough known and source-code NEVER EXPLAINED, we have only a few lucky shots at this point with regard to maps from 2000 2001 years - I know what I'm saying.

Summary:
If you need certain map in Blue's Server it will be there as it is, for me it's not a problem. Location where I'm playing has mainly problems solved around 90%.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.
- Pablo Picasso -
D13GO_{HoF}

Re: {HoF} Blue's R&G Playground | hofgamingclan.com

Post by D13GO_{HoF} »

Nelsona wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:53 pm Summary:
If you need certain map in Blue's Server it will be there as it is, for me it's not a problem. Location where I'm playing has mainly problems solved around 90%.
I will take it as a polite and direct yes you can, idiot! :P. I know that in the creation of maps, quality is what it matters, not only features like bot support, is good to have a place to test an online environment because of some issues that only appear on it, like the audio one but that weirdly enough only happens in the Smaller DM version of FortuneNight.
In the original it doesn´t happen, even when played in the Evil server(this 3 maps already were added there at some point before getting remove) and those GPF only happens online, when I test it in offline it never happen to me.
Nelsona wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:53 pm No, it's not always about Bots, you should check well another stuff added/used, like those previous sounds which were causing certain players to crash. You can for get "OGG" music format or others and use STABLE solutions unless you want players to get thrown out by UT drivers which are not knowing assets done after years 1999-2000. Feel free to upload maps there and look for issues.
I do use OGG but some of the songs i used come from youtube and i convert the best quaility they have to OGG and then thanks to the UT451 editor I can convert them directly to UMX.

Anyway I am not an admin there so I can´t add them even if I want