{HoF} Evil's Sniper Deathmatch

SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Site Admin

Re: {HoF} Evil's Sniper Deathmatch

Post by SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} » Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:51 pm

I will look into these improvements so to document the how too for future reference. Thanks for taking the time to make these servers run smoother.

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:40 pm

Read this: https://ss64.com/nt/start.html
I got samples from there with regard to resources shared for CPU parts. Right now I'm not so skilled at math for dealing with more than 4 cores but... here I figured samples exactly as I wanted... I need some classes...
Apology for not checking these Windows Tasking management earlier, I though that server it's not that powerful, but was another thing which I forgot to take in account.
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.
- Pablo Picasso -

BluEyedBitch_{HoF}

Post by BluEyedBitch_{HoF} » Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:52 am

Today there were 15+ people on the server and I didn't feel one hiccup in the game play ! It's 100% better ! Thank you Nelsona !
I'll Shoot You...
...Even in the Back

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:43 pm

Yup, I have yesterday's log:

Code: Select all

MemoryStatus: Load = 50% at 16 Players.
TickState: Current Tick-Rate = 33.122028, Max Tick-Rate = 40.000000
and

MemoryStatus: Load = 50% at 19 Players.
TickState: Current Tick-Rate = 28.823885, Max Tick-Rate = 40.000000
Not bad for that load and those large types of maps used...

Linked list keeps going to "Fact.Next". I've seen in server-log some... not very nice player-name, no records in Nexgen just game-log, perhaps wanted to enter at server-travel and he did not tried later. Let me see... "p...n-star" habits and offensive names are not accepted in server-rules if I well recall them. I don't think next time he will be able to join from that location...

Maybe we need some dynamic array mod restricting stupid names in advance from showing up. I think even XC_Engine might help here exactly in prelogin if I'm not mistaking...

And a personal note:
Log said:

ScriptLog: Found DM-!!![UT]Resthouse.SCUBAGear1 at -509.384277,-0.300907,-3009.116455
And map opened in Editor has:
Not_The_Same_ActorName.PNG
Not_The_Same_ActorName.PNG (13.74 KiB) Viewed 2580 times
Cough ? What exactly is changing a constant here and why ?

class Object
	native
	noexport;
var(Object) native const editconst name Name; //Lol ??
var(Object) native const editconst class Class;
And no, map doesn't include duplicated Actors.
And... it might be time for preparing self-update formula, perhaps we need to drop an eye over XC_GE v24 but with a few things disabled and then I have to take what I have out of original distribution.
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:04 am

Still some other Window has been opened and I went to check other "reporting features" disabling them as well. I don't know if machine will need a reboot or not after altering these as long as I see some effects taking place without any needed reboot.
Yesterday all things were cute, today was not the same ambience...

Fact.Next in EventsList. Take a look at this:

NetComeGo: Open MyLevel 02/19/20 04:40:00 x.x.x.x:21962
DevNet: NotifyAcceptingChannel Control 0 server Level DM-(USM)AlienWorld-v1.MyLevel: Accepted
DevNet: Level server received: HELLO REVISION=0 MINVER=400 VER=436
DevNet: Level server received: NETSPEED 15000
Log: Client netspeed is 12000
DevNet: Level server received: LOGIN RESPONSE=-1216713887 URL=:7797/Index.unr?Name=??!%$?Class=BotPack.TFemale2?team=0?skin=SGirlSkins.Garf?Face=SGirlSkins.Isis?Voice=BotPack.VoiceFemaleTwo?OverrideClass=
DevNet: Client passed challenge
DevNet: Login request: :7797/Index.unr?Name=??!%$?Class=BotPack.TFemale2?team=0?skin=SGirlSkins.Garf?Face=SGirlSkins.Isis?Voice=BotPack.VoiceFemaleTwo?OverrideClass=
DevNet: PreLogin failure: XCGE Denied, invalid name ()
NetComeGo: Close TcpipConnection21 02/19/20 04:40:01
NightWolf has lost challenge because he(/she) was "welcomed". And now I think I'll take a look at that code for player names and it might be time to swab the deck a little bit. No worries, I'm editing firewall right in my next human timer sequence.
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:47 pm

And public news:
Since yesterday, server has been updated at Engine 451b and XC_Engine version 24b with some settings disabled - too much A.I. things are not needed here, perhaps for future if server is too empty with less players playing, Bots might be a bit more aggressive for completing lack of human presence in several hours. Server uses the same hardware resources and I'm hoping is okay at least for players from USA which are... closer. For other zones I cannot do too much, it's up on their connections.

I got even 10 Players at a tick-rate of 39 to 40 - exactly as intended. Of course these are depending on maps, in some of them things are not that nice, maps perhaps are no longer my problem, last time I have adjusted one discarding a bunch of actors loading map and I see old version loaded, I don't know if modified one was renamed or such, but if you like junks then I won't ruin your lagging happiness by making them smoother and smaller - if adjusted map was causing problems you should let me know instead of removing it and putting trash back in the room.
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -

SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Site Admin

Post by SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} » Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:57 pm

I recall Evil saying something about the new version lacked functionality in someway after you fixed it and did not work like the trash version did. Evil is not really a mapper and doesn't understand mapping flaws like we do. It's very difficult to convince Evil of why a map that works still has errors. Evil would understand more if he actually visited the website and did a bit of reading but he says that our website is too difficult for him to navigate LOL.

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:08 pm

I understand even people's "lack of orientation" - for using domestic words. If we want to figure what is best, always we can keep two/three versions of some map fixed 1, 2, 3 whatever, and taking in account what players are voting. I have to accept that maybe my tweaking was not the best but I should know issues for future before deleting map - as btw I did some changes there with newer MapGarbage but probably over-loaded map it's more suitable and then I won't update anything in maps folder. Initial map made me to score easily due to some borked navigation points making bots to run in place (here it calls a lot of times PickDestination) and being easy targets, to not say that kickers were not friendly with Bots at all, which I replaced with swjumpads. Whatever problem coming at this point could be shown because I want to LEARN what is suitable for such servers as long as I played map at home around 10 times and for me was good enough for a party with MBots. But they are admins and it's their decision what they use - I see that tick-rate stay solid in good maps, but are maps which are doing sucks, to be honest, and then not even Godzilla together with King-Kong won't have the power for running them smoother. Changing music and doing nothing else for me it's waste of time and space, but it's not my decision how much time is delivered at player new comer to download everything needed.

Next:
Some player asked BodyCount for a map but a lagging one for BodyCount and for me too. He said that will remove map. I don't know if Evil Sniper Server had it, but if a map is removed from Redeemer Server, it won't respond at votes in both servers. I see that it's hard to understand what does that mean resources sharing. Definitely two servers playing the same DM but using different things should use separate folders for maps unless these maps are addressing both servers and then map-list reloading must be done after each change in both servers - for servers using multiple game-types, each of them will load specific maps and here we can have everything in one place. If they need to work separately, maps folders might use another names like start location Maps and Maps_Redem. Textures, Sounds, Music won't cause issues because are "Affiliated" packages. U packages are depending on which Engine has the server at once with INIs - Redeemer Server has XCv21. It will have XC24 at your request else can stay with 21 as long as it is not that populated.

My Mental Noise:
It's shocking to me to find that reading stuff in forum it's such a hard deal. But... I'm taking this as a good to know fact. Probably if players no longer have those "spawn" errors in several maps and dropped out of game, admins do not even know what was causing problems and then it doesn't worth wasting time explaining how I solved problem in run-time... Cough... XC_Engine added new spawn options as mapper wanted but mapper was a lazy n00b, leaving unused PlayerStarts into void or in small spots. When XC has come in stage, spawning task using those never used PlayerStarts was allowed due to enhanced strategy but causing new issues as well which I had to solve... I don't have the english for explaining these things to those whom are having issues in understanding what a forum is dedicated for.
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:14 pm

Compared with a previous ScreenShot, today we had these... ping values more explicit...
20pl_25of40_tck.png
20pl_25of40_tck.png (572.43 KiB) Viewed 2505 times
If you, good people, have some other hints which I need to take in account for improving network gaming here I would like to know any other possible solution.
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:53 pm

For the record - Map SniperHeaven bla bla previously destroying players. If this doesn't happen anymore perhaps you want to see why:

SpawnFixer: XC_SpawnFixer0 in state SpawnTesting is testing PlayerStart actors.
SpawnFixer: Probing spawn on PlayerStart0 failed, taking action...
SpawnFixer: Probing spawn on PlayerStart2 failed, taking action...
SpawnFixer: Probing spawn on PlayerStart3 failed, taking action...
SpawnFixer: Probing spawn on PlayerStart8 failed, taking action...
XC_Engine: Set XC_ServerActor DM-((POT-RedeemerSNIPER-Heaven)).XC_ServerActor42 as AdminLoginHook
Except stupid brackets for capturing attention, I don't see what's so entertaining at these actors intended to do damage at player. Right now trash is deactivated and map can have a use.

And the same for these:

SpawnFixer: Probing spawn on PlayerStart31 failed, taking action...
XC_Engine: Set XC_ServerActor DM-!BS_Huge_Pooltable-Remix1.XC_ServerActor17 as AdminLoginHook
SpawnFixer: PlayerStart24 seems useless being into void, taking action...
XC_Engine: Set XC_ServerActor DM-!!{DOU}SpacePortBaikonurRemix1.XC_ServerActor21 as AdminLoginHook
SpawnFixer: Probing spawn on PlayerStart12 failed, taking action...
XC_Engine: Set XC_ServerActor DM-{Evil's}-HamsterDance-Remix.XC_ServerActor29 as AdminLoginHook
DevNet: Login request: :7797/DM-!-Barzaar-NoPunk-B.unr....
SpawnFixer: XC_SpawnFixer0 in state SpawnTesting is testing PlayerStart actors.
SpawnFixer: Probing spawn on PlayerStart9 failed, taking action...
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -