{HoF} Evil's Sniper Deathmatch

Nelsona

Re: {HoF} Evil's Sniper Deathmatch

Post by Nelsona » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:21 pm

Nope, I do not have any intention for removal/deleting maps, not before adding a FIX back - where is possible - my goal is not decreasing number of maps.

Aside, That WAR whatever map has brushes stripped and some warehouses in map are having default texture, I think that map is incomplete... and has too many nodes, it looks like paths were done with Editor not mapping them normally. Lifts are... lost with no single route. I went to check it a bit and adding some routes, removing duplicated actors, but for geometry I did nothing, brushes are gone so good luck with that.
Edit:
So far this is a WorkInProgress (a sort of improving) and it will be added if it's in a good state else is a junk - bad paths, un-textured surfaces, duplicated actors = something which I will NEVER use in my servers.
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.
- Pablo Picasso -

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:37 am

Next move:
Switched to a restart executed in those nights between Sunday-Monday days of week, around 2:01:10 AM Server-Time. I'm gonna track this event for preventing unexpected server reactions.

Next Problem which it's about to have a solution:

Code: Select all

Critical: appError called:
Critical: ALplayer DM-!!![SFC]PoolBillard.ALplayer7 (Function Engine.Pawn.SetDisplayProperties:0000) Infinite script recursion (250 calls) detected
Critical: FFrame::Serialize
Critical: ScriptDebugV
Critical: ALplayer7.SetDisplayProperties
Critical: UT_Stealth0.SetOwnerDisplay
UT_Stealth were you saying, Mr. Mapper ? - You won't see it any more, as long as it's already useless because this is a permanent crusher... :tease:
Technical Solutions proposals:
- replacing it with some Shield - Invisible player has an advantage which for me is CHEATING like;
- replacing it with other lousy thing copied from map - a weapon or something;
- removing it permanently;
- such items glued in map as bStatic craps are gonna be properly ruined for preventing any headache.
I think it doesn't worth Editing a mountain of maps, we might let server to work by itself at destroying trashes unguarded.
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:27 am

I do not have anything to do with this break:

Code: Select all

ScriptWarning: UTES_PList DM-({UK}InDaCrib!!).UTES_PList0 (Function UTES_S_Evil.UTES_PList.NameHistory:0371) Accessed array out of bounds (5000/5000)
DevNet: Join succeeded: solarbee
ScriptLog: -> Succesfully lo
Even log file went broken here...
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -

SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Site Admin

Post by SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:24 am

That is my fault. I didn't make the list long enough. Maybe I should purge the list and start a new one. Or maybe I need to make the list function more like IPtoCountry lists names/ip's. As for logging warnings I suppressed them until we can go back to resetting the sniper server every 24hrs. The log file was way to large and somehow impacting server performance.

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:59 am

An UT server daily populated and running big things won't be able to run constantly 1 week without issues. UT can deal with only 2GB memory, when reaches at boundary I can expect even to stuck game not only a crash. But I didn't wanted this way - restart each week. Daily restart is the option here.

As for that mod, here it's about a wrong Array deal - 5000 means 0 to 4999. Here I think several problems were with MapVote too when it was changed from LA13 with 1024 maps (actually 1023 - 0 position was always empty) to more maps blindly modifying codes without understanding arrays. I made efforts to pass over iterations crusher, but the rest of workaround was not only mine. It takes time to figure everything... and I think I have to spend some weeks checking them line by line...
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:02 pm

I have to figure when it's the right moment in timing with my free time for updating server with newer reset actor - smarter so far than any prior version. Server looks very populated last time - regarding to those sounds changed and "not loved" described before. I don't want to stop server when players have a party...

Aside: Mainly, often crashes look happily operated by that XC_Spectator thing... I will want to find what the heck is damaging like that - or it's combined with an over-load...
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:33 pm

Reset time is now changed. Switching Daily-Weekly is possible by editing ServerReset.ini file. For now it's scheduled daily at 3:00 AM Server Time which is UTC -6.00, this can be different if any admin wants to change reset hour. This should be suffice for refreshing server once per day, as long as weekly doesn't seem a great option.
Rebooting takes a couple of seconds - usually it takes less than 1 minute.
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:04 am

Update with regard to log files. They are now stored as LZMA - compressed format.
As example a log having over 20 MB has now 0.5 MB. Compressing process takes under 3-5 seconds and it's done automated during auto-reboot without any administration task operated manually by any administrator.
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -

SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Site Admin

Post by SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} » Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:44 pm

Thanks for helping out with these settings Nels.

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:43 pm

For potential requests related to mods updates, deletion of voting history, we can implement the auto-update technology, everything that needs to be changed will be deposited in the Update folder, including the main INI files may have modified copies, as on the next day they will be active without any supervision.
If it seems too difficult to work at servers this way, there is no need to change or implement the automatic Update strategy, or common known methods can be used which might look more suitable for admins with less tech knowledge, but with the price of a longer outage time.
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -