{HoF} Evil's Sniper Deathmatch

Nelsona

Re: {HoF} Evil's Sniper Deathmatch

Post by Nelsona » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:21 pm

Nope, I do not have any intention for removal/deleting maps, not before adding a FIX back - where is possible - my goal is not decreasing number of maps.

Aside, That WAR whatever map has brushes stripped and some warehouses in map are having default texture, I think that map is incomplete... and has too many nodes, it looks like paths were done with Editor not mapping them normally. Lifts are... lost with no single route. I went to check it a bit and adding some routes, removing duplicated actors, but for geometry I did nothing, brushes are gone so good luck with that.
Edit:
So far this is a WorkInProgress (a sort of improving) and it will be added if it's in a good state else is a junk - bad paths, un-textured surfaces, duplicated actors = something which I will NEVER use in my servers.
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.
- Pablo Picasso -

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:37 am

Next move:
Switched to a restart executed in those nights between Sunday-Monday days of week, around 2:01:10 AM Server-Time. I'm gonna track this event for preventing unexpected server reactions.

Next Problem which it's about to have a solution:

Code: Select all

Critical: appError called:
Critical: ALplayer DM-!!![SFC]PoolBillard.ALplayer7 (Function Engine.Pawn.SetDisplayProperties:0000) Infinite script recursion (250 calls) detected
Critical: FFrame::Serialize
Critical: ScriptDebugV
Critical: ALplayer7.SetDisplayProperties
Critical: UT_Stealth0.SetOwnerDisplay
UT_Stealth were you saying, Mr. Mapper ? - You won't see it any more, as long as it's already useless because this is a permanent crusher... :tease:
Technical Solutions proposals:
- replacing it with some Shield - Invisible player has an advantage which for me is CHEATING like;
- replacing it with other lousy thing copied from map - a weapon or something;
- removing it permanently;
- such items glued in map as bStatic craps are gonna be properly ruined for preventing any headache.
I think it doesn't worth Editing a mountain of maps, we might let server to work by itself at destroying trashes unguarded.
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:27 am

I do not have anything to do with this break:

Code: Select all

ScriptWarning: UTES_PList DM-({UK}InDaCrib!!).UTES_PList0 (Function UTES_S_Evil.UTES_PList.NameHistory:0371) Accessed array out of bounds (5000/5000)
DevNet: Join succeeded: solarbee
ScriptLog: -> Succesfully lo
Even log file went broken here...
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -

SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Site Admin

Post by SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:24 am

That is my fault. I didn't make the list long enough. Maybe I should purge the list and start a new one. Or maybe I need to make the list function more like IPtoCountry lists names/ip's. As for logging warnings I suppressed them until we can go back to resetting the sniper server every 24hrs. The log file was way to large and somehow impacting server performance.

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:59 am

An UT server daily populated and running big things won't be able to run constantly 1 week without issues. UT can deal with only 2GB memory, when reaches at boundary I can expect even to stuck game not only a crash. But I didn't wanted this way - restart each week. Daily restart is the option here.

As for that mod, here it's about a wrong Array deal - 5000 means 0 to 4999. Here I think several problems were with MapVote too when it was changed from LA13 with 1024 maps (actually 1023 - 0 position was always empty) to more maps blindly modifying codes without understanding arrays. I made efforts to pass over iterations crusher, but the rest of workaround was not only mine. It takes time to figure everything... and I think I have to spend some weeks checking them line by line...
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:02 pm

I have to figure when it's the right moment in timing with my free time for updating server with newer reset actor - smarter so far than any prior version. Server looks very populated last time - regarding to those sounds changed and "not loved" described before. I don't want to stop server when players have a party...

Aside: Mainly, often crashes look happily operated by that XC_Spectator thing... I will want to find what the heck is damaging like that - or it's combined with an over-load...
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:33 pm

Reset time is now changed. Switching Daily-Weekly is possible by editing ServerReset.ini file. For now it's scheduled daily at 3:00 AM Server Time which is UTC -6.00, this can be different if any admin wants to change reset hour. This should be suffice for refreshing server once per day, as long as weekly doesn't seem a great option.
Rebooting takes a couple of seconds - usually it takes less than 1 minute.
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -