FEAR ME.
I AM THE REAPER, I AM EVIL.
I AM DIEGO!

ALL HAIL MY EVIL BALL OF DOOM!

Diego_{HoF}

Nelsona

Re: {HoF} Evil's Sniper Deathmatch

Post by Nelsona » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:45 pm

This server will be shut down for about 2-5 minutes on January 23, 2019 12:00AM GMT-6:00. Server Time
XC_Engine will be updated and the server will be reconfigured by allowing event logging as well as viewing the server window during operation.
This small break is required to replace a few packages specific to the new XC_Engine version that is performed through FTP services.
At the end of the updates and changes, a message will be displayed in the forum's chat.

Mutators and the configuration in MapVote will remain the same. I'll also take a look at Nexgen log files. There I am interested in some "friends" whom they like to have fun by causing the annoyance of others.

Thank you for understanding !
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.
- Pablo Picasso -

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:47 am

Update time:
INI wrote: ServerActors=XC_SpawnFixer.XC_SpawnFixer
This is an anti-retard measure trying to prevent a number of inconveniences caused by sick minds who need to start into map's void.
It works with a tiny delay for preventing a server load when map is being initialized.
The installed module will go into operation at the first scheduled restart or the first critical server error, which means 2:01:05 AM or... when goes down-hill for similar reasons... for which this actor has been installed.
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:34 pm

As a maintenance thingy, whenever a map is a server-crusher and it do looks retarded, it will be removed, so don't be surprised to see a favourite NEVER played map in here, getting vanished from lists - already that Map-Vote modified by Deepu has funky problems with arrays...
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:38 am

Bumpy bytes. After a small chat about "new maps" for Sniper Server I think we do have a few things to take in account:
- Players are voting the same favorite known maps;
- I think there are maps never seen or voted over there because of "MapVote" used there;
- if I solved iterations crusher boundary from UE1, Deepu went busy to add that search feature (I never used it) without solving arrays problem which was an old problem since passing over 1023 (not 1024 maps) limitation.
For a mapvote having a sum of 4095 maps, we speak about these spread in 8 columns which means 511 ? (512) maps per column. In reality a multi modded server won't handle 800 maps because we might have 800 maps × 8 columns (the same maps played different) heading to a total number which is never handled. I'm going to inspect maps and MapVote configuration for figuring what is doable in order to gain stability, in current stage mapvote does errors confirming that it went over that 512. I'm not asking how much memory is consuming all this arrays soup... In current stage Total number of maps is under 3000, but MapVote claims arrays "out of bounds" proving that actually this "fancy" MapVoteUL has clearly problems coming from flawed codes...
Definitely people are not voting what is actually loaded, and then these maps have to be REPLACED instead of ADDING others - for which I need to find new names, etc.
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:51 pm

In my repositories I have a small toy which is a bit helpful in preventing server crashes at collision chapter toward teleporters without to make A.I. retarded at teleporters (pathed maps here). It might not be 100% efficient but... if you don't like crashes in certain maps Server can be updated with such toy - adapted for such environment. This is a bit of subject for discussions because players might notice requirement for some velocity at teleporters and learning a bit of handling - Bot has no problems. Teleporter is locked behind player for a while. Then teleporter does a check if pawn it's in range or not, at three checks pawn being served with damage if wants to block teleporting. Certain maps having only teleporters will have issues with Bots here because they do not have anything else than Bots blocking teleporters and causing collision issues as long as place is empty and Bot cannot go anywhere.
Such map is crusher map DM-Double-Dome. All NavigationPoints are.... Teleporters - it's a sh!t map to be honest. Such a simple thing could have at least 20 PathNodes as long as adding them won't hurt Editor.
Stupid_Map.PNG
Stupid_Map.PNG (614.7 KiB) Viewed 60 times
If such sh!t map will crash server again it will be replaced with an edited version until "mapper" will show up for fixing it. It's just a cheater paradise with full aiming support with lighting coming from nowhere(no lamps, no torches, no windows) - Why would use lights here instead of AmbientBrightness ?
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -