{HoF} XC MonsterHunt -=]Nelsona's XC_MH[=-

D13GO_{HoF}

{HoF} XC MonsterHunt -=]Nelsona's XC_MH[=-

Post by D13GO_{HoF} »

Monster Hunt Server dedicated to development and testing
A MH2 server is running using XC_Engine v23 friendly with all stock player.
See viewtopic.php?f=7&t=321
Nelsona

Re: {HoF} XC MonsterHunt V1.01 (Nelsona's XC_MH)

Post by Nelsona »

I think in MonsterHunt servers by allowing zooming with any weapon should not be a bad thing - is not DM and even there I don't see problems at this point. You can setup bAllowFov=True letting player to use riper as a sniper-rifle if wants. Players interested about this feature can ask the how to and I'll sample some lines from my INI files - works if servers are allowing sniping with any weapon.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.
- Pablo Picasso -
medor

Post by medor »

Not test just connect for the moment :D

There is files not redirect ?

You ave ulmapvote2.2
The 2.4 ave a search box under the vote button http://forum.ultimateut.tk/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=971

medor.no_ip.org
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Site Admin

Post by SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} »

medor wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:39 pm Not test just connect for the moment :D
There is files not redirect ?
If you find files that download slow report them here----> viewtopic.php?f=19&t=97
medor wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:39 pm You ave ulmapvote2.2
The 2.4 ave a search box under the vote button http://forum.ultimateut.tk/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=971
I only use MapVoteULv2_4 on the sniper server but it takes long to load lists and find that very annoying. I prefer Nelson's MapVoteULv2NS on MH which loads faster and works much smoother.
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

I'll do a research around that MapVote. All I have to say is that if a single error is shown after all my efforts to remove all warnings from my logs, then I'll drop it away in 3 seconds.

MapVote is the "heart" of a server. If that thing doesn't work properly the start goes wrong by default.
A note: for the moment I'm using around 170+ maps. I do not have any reason for 4095 places, at this moment a LA13 fine tuned is more than enough.

Back to the problem
Sniping is doable by setting up keys and being able to damage monster before to come very closer, it might be helpful. I'm using this setup, server should allow this.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
medor

Post by medor »

Found a little error

When the server give me a redeemer the count ammo say 0 instead of 1
medor.no_ip.org
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Redeemer is hacked else Skaarj won't be able to use it, and for sure I want a Skaarj to be a Skaarj and nothing else. Even it shows 0 you can fire it and then it goes updated. Redeemer has a default problem anyway which is coming from Epic. XCGE also does a "GetWeapon" replacement and for this case I think we have a tiny glitch in display because XCGE was adding new errors even to the Chaos mod and that's why I've done those configurable packages, exactly for being disabled if things goes evil.

I'm not sure if MH-Frigate_R14 is there but you can find it somewhere and check what I mean.
Else maybe I have to setup a test map with Skaarj holding redeemers and then you can figure what they do.

Edit after getting images:
You can take a look at ammo used by Redeemer - I mean default properties... because I was almost to forget this... detail.
For_knowledge.PNG
For_knowledge.PNG (10.43 KiB) Viewed 11088 times
As conclusion I think server and mod are working properly and they are showing the reality. Ammo used by redeemer has 0 (zero) at default load. It do works as a surprise, else it should not be supposed to fire with that 0 load. You can save this image in your folder with default borks as a reminder...
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Bump:
Server change - allow zooming with any weapon. For this task player has to configure User.ini file accordingly.
I'm going to sample lines from my User.ini:
    Aliases[25]=(Command="FOV 10",Alias=Zoom)
    Aliases[26]=(Command="FOV 100",Alias=Wide)
    MouseWheelDown=zoom
    MouseWheelUp=wide
This way you can check something far away from view for clarification what is that in case of doubts, and aiming well with any weapon (if can fire at such a range). In my case by using mouse's wheel I got the zoom feature - available in any server which allows FOV changes, any default UT server doesn't allow this.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Bump time. Feedback about game-play - chapter: Fixing things which ain't broken.

I was playing map 2MuchHp properly set for A.I.
Discarding that I was alone because Bots died 200 times - poor lives limit, some nasty stuff was happening with QUEENS again. Some queen has been teleported probably behind a door rating that node around player - or hell know if they were not still telefragging each-other as in old times and then... next door remained locked if player died in that time enemy Queen being relaxed post-kill. The fact is, they did break map properly in such case like other default monsters are never doing. If server doesn't have updated XC packages configurable I'm gonna put them there (package from Feb_25 allowing configuration). Also if collision is active and due to my random problem with items getting vanished I think some queen went into crap being isolated un-killable. I thought that in 2018 we won't have broken stuff but... I think I'm still dreaming...

Update time...
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Keep going with a question: For which purpose are loaded those maps without End ? Does anyone play them just for killing his/her free time with no purpose ?
Direct reference is PSTDemo - this map is probably a demonstration for those modified guns and has no end, there is a big room with a default floor texture probably supposed as an end zone. I'm not sure if worth patching for normal game-play because... it do include paths but are utterly retarded as they are, it takes a while writing stuff for getting rid of all of those borked nodes.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -