451 vs 469 UT99 servers

D13GO_{HoF}

451 vs 469 UT99 servers

Post by D13GO_{HoF} »

I need to ask if all servers of HoF will upgrade from 451 to 469 and what difference between the two are for the client side and the server side.

Also, if everyone will need to upgrade to 469(when bugs got fix) to play UT99 and make the editor work too.......
Nelsona

Re: 451 vs 469 UT99 servers

Post by Nelsona »

I'm not having plans especially with M.G.S. aka Monster Gaming Server. It works, it's pretty stable. I don't need extra headaches...
CTF RX server already has 469 - I'm not such an addicted RX player so I did not test it intensively.

XC for 469 has options which we don't need - autoredirect - HOF has already redirect. By disabling that XC seems to crash like an ass... Evil Sniper Server is an XC server using some native things guided by XC_Engine and then... removing it will revert server to an older unstable state in which nobody knows why it's crashing.

If these are not stabilized for me it doesn't worth paying attention at new "updated" UT. I'm not whining but I won't replace my machines just like that - I think it's possible to forget this patch/update, seriously I was expecting these events.

Randomly I'm using UT469 Editor, there I'm having D3D9 as Editing render. Depending on map and textures used it might crash, not often but... it's not exactly solid as a rock, it's useful for debugging paths and it looks it does a better lightning somehow - else I'm doing map changes in 440 and I do final build of Geometry/BSP/Lightning in 451b. That useless for editing crap seems to build lightning better than 436/440 - at least map will stay unscrewed because... over there you can't move anything.

In a different story format v451 is still UT'99, but UT469 is UT'20, it doesn't have too many things in common with machines running old UT'99.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.
- Pablo Picasso -
BluEyedBitch_{HoF}

Post by BluEyedBitch_{HoF} »

The 436 and 451 patches are great and always been great and PLEASE DON'T MAKE ME INSTALL THAT AWFUL 469 PATCH AGAIN !! It crashed my computer many times and froze it completely several times . Not to mention my FPS went way low and when I would jump really high in a map it would lag so bad like it wanted to crash... also there are too many added on options . The ONLY thing I liked about it was the screen resolution... other than that it sucked for me .. AND I HAVE A BRAND NEW GAMING LAPTOP... you would think it would have run nicely for me but it was a nightmare ... I had to reinstall UT which makes me so sad but I had to... I'll get it back to the settings I like ....and all my skins ...and VP's...... it should only take about 4 or 5 or 10 years to get it back to normal again.... Obviously my dumbass didn't back anything up first ... (face-palm)

OH and I'm not complaining !!! LoL ...okay maybe I am. I know it works nicely for some people . A lot of people say it made their game 100% better ... It's just not good for me...
I'll Shoot You...
...Even in the Back
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

I take this as a normal reaction not as a complaining one - a good thing after all. New patch has newer options, some of them are welcomed. INI files must be updated properly, drivers (display, audio...) must be those compatible with machine. Yes, it's good for some people and is bad for other people...
I'll take what is good from each version. I'm currently working on more versions 436 440 451b Ugold227i and even 469... but... I had to test last adjusted map in a 436 with XCGEv21 because that was a more stable environment...
In my opinion UT469 still needs some fine tuning and Galaxy audio for me which was never a headache now it's crashing all time at map-switching (replaying) and even between logo map and starting a practice game... to summarize Galaxy was ruined by newer timings feeding driver with null stuff and causing a constant crash. NONE of the rest of audio drivers from UT469 is working, I was using an older OpenAL - a beta version - this wasn't crashing at all but... it spams console with logs and sounds are nasty. That's about this UT patch.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.
- Pablo Picasso -