Changes to the Rental Server

Nelsona

Re: Changes to the Rental Server

Post by Nelsona »

BUMP Timer: Dual Update Server and Redirect.

I put in a new MonsterHunt map and then created the UZ compressed file for redirect. What amazes me is the special intelligence of an unknown to me administrator which has uploaded FALSE files as other long files from the STOCK UT game that no one will download through UT, but manually using an Explorer, here we also can talk about copyright, because UT is not free neither to download/use files from EPIC stock. UnrealI.u.uz, UnrealShare.u.uz, BotPack.u.uz, Engine.u.uz won't be USED BY ANY PLAYER AS those FAKE Engine.utx.uz which is all Engine.u from another version, nor BotPack.uax.uz use that is not even taken into account. Without looking at the log files I bet $ 100 that none of these was downloaded by any player through UT.

If you have a folder loaded with stock files for preparing a future redirect, save your time by not uploading them in redirect and delete them, because they have nothing in common with the players. ALL players have these stock files and those fake files will never be used because here it's about stock names having those assets.

The mentioned stock files and the fake ones were deleted.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.
- Pablo Picasso -
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Site Admin

Post by SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} »

Thank you for taking care of those files. I'm not sure how or why they were there.
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Time-stamp was November 30 2019 - so to speak a recent "addition".
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

All right, at a random moment server went in outage and I couldn't start it from service's interface but responded at "Restart" command. after looking at logs I figured a bunch of calls failed from/to IpToCountry. I don't get if NfoServers firewall-ed these or what else could happen so I removed IpToCountry for good. Server has started properly and right now it looks operational.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

March 10 Note:
Server will stay a bit in outage - in hoping to not see automated scripts from NFoServers doing funky stuff attempting to gain server with any matter.

I was informed VIA e-mail in three devs about an extremely large DDoS attack against server and here it's about getting over filtering capabilities. They took some decision and this means some hours for a pause. During this time automated scripts are taking automated measures "restoring" several things when these should be stopped because problem is from network not from server, I'll send them a ticket in hoping to see things left alone with patience instead of wasting time...

Edit: Server is back, if I'll see anything screwed up I'll let you know.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -