Stepping away for a while

GunGame for Unreal Tournament.
Kelly

Stepping away for a while

Post by Kelly »

Hate to post this but I'm going to let you guys know that I'll be away for the foreseeable future. The doctors found a mass on my lung and I'm going to have to deal with that. My type of cancer likes to invade the lungs so this is something I knew could eventually happen. I don't have any idea what the prognosis is, that will come in the next couple of weeks. For now I'm just getting things battle-ready as the next months could be a bit chaotic.

Anyway consider me long-term AFK. I'll answer emails if anyone has questions but I probably won't be logging in to the board unless it's to keep you guys in the loop for where my situation is. Have fun and be good to each other. My apologies if I don't get to finish GunGame. It's just impossible to concentrate when you have other things on your mind. I hope you never understand, lol.

Peace out my friends.
I don’t wanna give the end away
but we’re gonna die one day
Nelsona

Re: Stepping away for a while

Post by Nelsona »

I understand... because... Only someone who has never had problems believes himself invincible. Cancer is not a joke, many people in this region have suffered from it, young people have died, I have no idea how competent the doctors were, but there were many days when I heard about a problem every day, like that. The dentist's wife who repaired my teeth has a fibroma problem that, it seems that even in a private clinic has not been resolved, she now has bleeding, has to go to the hospital again, and the cases are too many. It is only when I think of them that I miss any desire of UT.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.
- Pablo Picasso -
D13GO_{HoF}

Post by D13GO_{HoF} »

Oh boy Kelly, i know what are you passing by and well, my advice is to get ready for everything, that includes surgery,chemotherapy or anything.

But i imagine your family will be giving you moral support during this time and the recovery too.

Hope for the best Kelly and we will wait for you.
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Site Admin

Post by SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} »

Sorry to hear that this is happening again Kelly. Like Diego said get ready for a ride. I hope and pray that you'll recover from this. We'll see ya when you get back.
Kelly

Post by Kelly »

I'll keep you guys posted as I find things out. The last week has been a flurry of doctor appointments and car trips to Florence and Eugene so the stress level has been pretty high. We don't have a good local team for this that's in my insurance network so I'm doing most of my stuff through Eugene. Luckily they have a satellite office in the hospital at Florence so that's only an hour away.

I'm sorry to just stop everything but this is about as serious as things could get for me. A lung metastasis is very bad news even this far out from my first bout. It's surprising for sure but not unheard of. Not sure where things will go from here but I'll post back when I know something. Did I send you the current version of GunGame so you have it? You might ask Nels if he wants to pick it up and run. I don't know if or when I'll ever get back to it now :(

I don't mean to sound macabre but if things don't go well let's have dinner once Heston before I get all fucked up again. I'm sure I'll be at OHSU for some sort of follow-up. It'd be nice to formally meet someone who's been a friend for so long.

Have fun guys.
I don’t wanna give the end away
but we’re gonna die one day
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Site Admin

For sure Kelly. I was talking to the guys Thursday and told them I should meet up with ya soon. I have weekends off all the time. Just give me a heads up if your in my neck of the woods or I'll just check which weekend is good for you and visit ya in coos bay. As for GunGame I'm already working out the bugs and if I need assist I'll hit up Nels.
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Well, these are really bad news. The graphic part of the Gun-Game I can probably get over is because I never worried about the color. For small issues or other details that need to be clarified, I might be able to stabilize potential unwanted effects or unwanted glitches - if Unreal Engine1 leaves me alone with the internal problems which it has.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Site Admin

Nelsona wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:41 am Well, these are really bad news. The graphic part of the Gun-Game I can probably get over is because I never worried about the color. For small issues or other details that need to be clarified, I might be able to stabilize potential unwanted effects or unwanted glitches - if Unreal Engine1 leaves me alone with the internal problems which it has.
I'm not gonna go on to much about GunGame in this thread but I feel "giveweapon" switching that is currently in the Gametype needs some love.
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:33 am I'm not gonna go on to much about GunGame in this thread but I feel "giveweapon" switching that is currently in the Gametype needs some love.
Eh... Let me post something based on my recalls and I'm stating on what I'm saying:
- Enforcer code IS NOT for multiple weapons or some with AIRating unwrapped.
- In MH mods which I've done or weaponizing type mutators I simply forgot that poorly code of Epic.
I was successfully using pickup code which A.I. (Bots Bot Skaarj) is using and which works for human player as well.
Perhaps loved in 2019 to 2020

Code: Select all

Spawn Weapon - check existence - send it to state pickup (pickup is for being picked up) - respawntime 0 - new: Enable Touch, Physics None - Weapon touch Pawn - Done.
RandomWeapon which has a dynamic array deal - supported by XCGE here has this domestic code supported in plain UT:

Code: Select all

if ( Am != None )
				{
					A = Spawn(Am,Other,,Other.Location,Other.Rotation);
					if ( A != None )
					{
						A.SetPhysics(PHYS_None);
						A.GoToState('Pickup');
						A.Enable('Touch');
						A.Enable('UnTouch');
						A.RespawnTime = 0.00;
						A.AmmoAmount *= AmmoScale;
						A.Touch(Other);
						A = None;
					}
					Am = None;
				}
Whatever can do damage can be under a remark line.
These fixes/lines were happening due to some pickup flaws a la Skaarj toward Ammo which was falling and player/bot weren't capable to load them, these remaining on the ground. Mutator loads not only weapon but ammo too starting with ammo first for not messing up other codes when weapon is rendering a null ammo... and yes, I think pawn needs ammo as well as priority in front of weapon.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
Hook

Post by Hook »

Sorry to hear this Kelly :(
I was in Florence OR in August - now I wish I had made time to visit you!
I actually had lunch in Coos Bay, but was with another couple and didn't think of it at the time.
I myself am waiting for yet another Biopsy result, but I think it will be fine.

Anyway, I hope it all turns out good for you for sure.
Good Luck to you and yours too! ;)
= Hook =
ALL NEW Site/Forum: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net
SERVER NAME: CROSSBONES Lucifurs Missile Madness {CMM} PRO-REDEEMER
PRO-REDEEMER / PRO-SNIPER-Redeemer / PRO-SEEKER-Redeemer

CMM Server IP: 68.232.181.236:7777