Suggestions/Ideas/Thoughts

GunGame for Unreal Tournament.
papercoffee

Re: Suggestions/Ideas/Thoughts

Post by papercoffee »

I have never played Gun Game with a health refill.
You got full health when you die ...and you'll get fragged a lot in this game.
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Site Admin

Post by SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} »

Kelly wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:06 am One thing I might discuss with you guys is the idea of health refill on each kill. The ammo is needed but in testing I think that refilling health is stacking the deck too much for the player. It slows the game down quite a bit and makes for a lot more killing streaks. The problem comes in when players get the higher tier weapons. Full health and full ammo makes them very tough to win against. It plays better if you leave health alone (I think).
Scratch the health refill on level up then.
Kelly

Post by Kelly »

Yeah, it's overpowered once you get a quality weapon. I'm not a deathmatch player of any caliber but I'm still able to rampage through decent bots.

Got a bunch more stuff coded tonight. Melee weapon is added as an option. You can decide if you want to have one in addition to the normal weapon tier. I haven't quite decided how to filter kills with it though so for now it scores just like you killed with whatever weapon level you are at. I'm going to force the usage of a melee weapon via code too and not allow it to be cheated. Whatever weapon you declare is your 'melee' it will equip to you but will never be given any ammo (to stop anyone using a non-melee weapon).

I was thinking of adding a line to the HUD called "Kill Streak: " to let you know if you are going to hit your third one.
I don’t wanna give the end away
but we’re gonna die one day
papercoffee

Post by papercoffee »

Transloc:
Prohibited ...or selectable for the weapon roster? But never for a melee weapon.
Kelly

Post by Kelly »

I'll do what you guys want but the beauty of GG is the simplicity. If you have a weapon, a melee, and also a translocator then it's really just playing a ladder DM match. You're really at risk of losing the essence of GunGame.

Don't get offended though. Over the years one of the hardest things for me to do was to stop adding things when I'm working on a project. It's easy to "just add this" or "tweak that a bit" but over time you end up moving way off the mark of the thing you were trying to do in the first place.
D13GO_{HoF}

Post by D13GO_{HoF} »

well in my opinion, lets first get a alpha mod using only default weapons without translocator, after that, we can see a better way to add/remove/improve from it.

Bots are optional but if they can use gungame then it works for alot of it, speaking of which, for me the bots should count for kills even if someone gets late to the match, that way the matches can end even without players in a server and can test in a offline environment
papercoffee

Post by papercoffee »

Kelly wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:24 am I'll do what you guys want but the beauty of GG is the simplicity. If you have a weapon, a melee, and also a translocator then it's really just playing a ladder DM match. You're really at risk of losing the essence of GunGame.

Don't get offended though. Over the years one of the hardest things for me to do was to stop adding things when I'm working on a project. It's easy to "just add this" or "tweak that a bit" but over time you end up moving way off the mark of the thing you were trying to do in the first place.
It was just a question.
I would like to have the transloc disabled.
But what if a "wise guy" wants to add the transloc into the roster...
Kelly

Post by Kelly »

Added into the roster it would actually work. I'm trying to construct this in such a way that it has few limits on what lineup you want to use.

Diego, I'm for sure going to set up the bots to be counted as kills if that's what you want to do. Not counting them seems a waste of time since the matches happen so fast anyway. I think it falls to players not wanting to be beaten by bots. Still it will be configurable, admins can do what they want.
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Kelly wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:04 am Still it will be configurable, admins can do what they want.
That's the idea, Like I told toward XC_Engine. Allow users/admins to activate/deactivate what they want at mod/patch/gametype, etc.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.
- Pablo Picasso -
Kelly

Post by Kelly »

OK, I have another question. In testing it's very obvious that GG with UT weapons is going to need some tweaking so it's not crazy hard once you start a losing slide. I limited free gained level and lost level to once per player per game. Allowing each player to affect each other player once per game was a little much. I could end a game really quickly by piston camping and jumping levels. I think it would end up being one of those things that might break the game.

I've got this pretty close to a stable build for testing if you guys are interested in playing it a little offline. Let me know and I'll send you a beta to try out.