Suggestions/Ideas/Thoughts

GunGame for Unreal Tournament.
D13GO_{HoF}

Re: Suggestions/Ideas/Thoughts

Post by D13GO_{HoF} »

Thanks kelly to give it for a test, now all i found using the bots in my maps :P

Now what i found is:
-When they get killed by suicide or fall or by themselves, they don't lose a level yet and they keep the amount of kills remaining too.
-This one was strange but i don't think it was the mod, however for some reason the shield belt animation still appears even after kill, just weird it happen once in a cow....
-There is no way to change the 30 kills limit in the game and due to that, the game ends in who reach the frag limit instead of the max level

I know its on a beta state but still i want to show you stuff that happens during the bots matches(32 bots)
Kelly

Post by Kelly »

Thanks for the feedback D and thank you guys for the chat in teamspeak. As an aside my surgery went very well. I'm sore but hopefully that fixes the major issues I was having with my mouth. Now I can concentrate on GunGame and not be pissing about because my jaw hurts.

I'm going to fix some of the things you guys brought up this weekend. Hopefully I'll have another test for you by Sunday or Monday.

Oh yeah also I was thinking about the bots. I'm not sure how it's going to work if you prevent bots from winning the game or having their score count. You'll just end up having a bunch of bots stuck with the first level weapon.

Update:
So how does this look for the scoreboard?
sbd.jpg
sbd.jpg (309.9 KiB) Viewed 30579 times
I don’t wanna give the end away
but we’re gonna die one day
papercoffee

Post by papercoffee »

I playtested it and I think you misunderstood the "stealing a level" thing. You gain a new level instantly when you kill an opponent ...not stealing his exact weapon level.
I started in the tester with the sniper (default set up) and impact hammered a Bot which had the Flak ...instead of the next level for me (Rocket Launcher) I got suddenly the Flak.
It's sure a twist ...but also, now I understand why you said it's too fast.
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Site Admin

Post by SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} »

I should have tested this better. I never noticed that. Yeah this its not "steal the weapon" it is "leveling down" your opponent while you "level up instantly" instead of having to get however many kills with your current weapon set in the config ini. My bad for not explaining this better Kelly.
Kelly

Post by Kelly »

OK let me clarify this so I understand. I'm not going to use weapon names because it's confusing. Lets stick to levels.

Say paper and I are in a GG match and we are both level 5. Neither of us has used the melee weapon yet. paper then uses the melee on me and gets the kill.

paper goes from level 5 to level 7. He would have gone to 6 but he gets the one-time bonus level and jumps to seven.
I go from level 5 to level 4 as the one-time punishment for being killed by a melee.

This isn't what you guys wanted?
papercoffee

Post by papercoffee »

Kelly wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:31 pm paper goes from level 5 to level 7. He would have gone to 6 but he gets the one-time bonus level and jumps to seven.
I go from level 5 to level 4 as the one-time punishment for being killed by a melee.

Per melee kill, only one level up. Or it's really fast...
I thought I had stolen that bots level because it was on the third level and I was on the first. I got confused.
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Site Admin

Post by SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} »

Kelly wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:31 pm OK let me clarify this so I understand. I'm not going to use weapon names because it's confusing. Lets stick to levels.

Say paper and I are in a GG match and we are both level 5. Neither of us has used the melee weapon yet. paper then uses the melee on me and gets the kill.

paper goes from level 5 to level 7. He would have gone to 6 but he gets the one-time bonus level and jumps to seven.

Paper would be on level 6 immediately without needing to kill with his level 5 weapon the designated kills needed to level up to 6 and yes you would drop back to 4.
Kelly

Post by Kelly »

I understand now and I'll make the necessary changes. Thank you guys for your continued feedback.
papercoffee

Post by papercoffee »

:mrgreen:

I noticed only one bug. When you got the last kill and raised a level and you get fragged right after (no melee), you lose that level and have to kill again one opponent to get back to the level you've reached. It happened not always but at least in 6 rounds 3 times.
Kelly

Post by Kelly »

Thanks for letting me know that. I'll log it out to find where I'm not updating correctly. It could be though that you are also fragging yourself and this is what is kicking you back. It happened to me when I would try to alt-flak someone that was too close. I'd get the kill but it also registered as a suicide and I lost the level.

Regardless I'm going to log out the level progression so it's clear what is happening.