Extra-Punish or funky reactions

Other various types of anti-cheats here.
Nelsona

Extra-Punish or funky reactions

Post by Nelsona »

I see that some people are still messing up around. I have done some cheap things to my files and spectating games in Sniper Server. I'm not gonna show what I see because... evils might be inspired to mess around but I could feel presence of some sort of "radars" because some players are guessing well where are others. More than that a recent video showing Iena player and his sudden aiming, is back over and over. There are options here: experimenting some nasty things crashing/bugging this player in certain moment:
- when an admin/hof-member knowing a secret password will deliver a command to server and then player with a high score in front of the rest will have a surprise;
- automated server reaction toward "the best man in town";
- reducing his speed at a half;
- growing him for being an easier target;
- pointing him well by making it visible all time.
All these happening to this "best" when a Hof member will request support from server.

- When a Hof-member knowing a password will activate "Hof-Karma" as folows:
a. - activating an automated pointer to the guy pretending that is best temporary for being easily hunted by the rest;
b. - removing damage which "best" is doing to others until score gets more balanced;
c. - automated rotator granted to players without enemies in range pointing the rest of them to this "best" one.
- Automated Hof-Karma when the cool dude has a high score in front of second place: Best has 38 Score and next one has only 19 followed by the rest.

I see ACE topic at UT99.org. Will this application ever be stable ? I don't think kicking players is the goal because of some whatever file or locking their game.
Probably if cheaters wants to cheat, maybe offering support for everyone will deliver to these prototypes of people the game which they want. Are you cheating ? Good, we ALL are going to cheat might be the right answer instead of trying harder to wrap things.

WHAT do you think at this point ? Password can be delivered to members VIA PM, and changed from time to time...
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.
- Pablo Picasso -
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Site Admin

Re: Extra-Punish or funky reactions

Post by SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} »

Sounds like a better solution too deal with those cheaters.
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

So, let's clarify:
- we are following the hard way by crashing his game;
- or we are just bugging his game - including subtracting score if dies;
- or he will send powerful signals about his presence in order to capture attention to him for everyone - Bot included and here... I will allow Bot to cheat with fake eyes and delivering instant shooting at "masterful" guy.
Keep in mind that we can help HOF clan, based on a list with members which will have knowledge about Karma option in game if they don't use forum that much.
Probably this being a XC server I might try a deal in a dynamic array in case that number of members is growing unexpected.
Hard-way for me is easy:
If Karma is active and said "hunter" has 39 score and next second player has under certain percent behind, he might get a crash and during this time, game will go a bit more balanced. Also if it's scoring quickly, will crash at votes without being happy in ScoreBoard's stage.

I'm open at other suggestions that can be applied with a good logic - that can be activated/deactivated, etc.
Probably an anti-cheat will always have a flaw punishing innocent people when human eyes in game will activate Measures when limits are pushed. Whoever is self-claimed Over-Skilled is free to prove that toward Hof-Karma.

Stage3: There is some custom DeathMatch embedded with minimal protections, "the problem" comes that is called different and it won't be in UT browser... but I can solve this problem... It needs a bit of testing for compatibility with whatever is at HOF and it might be more helpful than nothing...

Stage4: Hunting RAT
Remove weaponry of said super-skilled man - and track him well for not being loaded, put a bell on his head, and allow the rest of player to kill him in a killing fest. Things are going to be more cute when some pupaes will "happen" around... just saying.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
Kelly

Post by Kelly »

The problem with this method is that it's going to be abused. Unless power like this is strictly controlled or available to very trusted staff, people are going to fuck with each other by using it. You know that members will tease other members by activating it on them or just simply retaliate on someone who is having a good game. Non-HoF members are going to see this and it's going to impact how the group is viewed.

If this gets implemented there needs to be a VERY strict set of usage rules and accountability maintained by senior staff. I wouldn't make this usable by everyone until/unless you have a serious talk in teamspeak and they understand how to ID possible cheating and they are mature enough to support their decision to punish someone.

This would be better accomplished by a game mutator that automatically applies things to someone if they lead by too large a margin. Adding judgement calls is only going to create a bunch of salty posts on the forum because someone got punished 'unfairly'. It's going to be messy I think.

You are very much on the right path though. How it works will require thought and consideration.
I don’t wanna give the end away
but we’re gonna die one day
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

If I'm using a TakeDamage function and here comparing some kills vs distance vs time taken to kill these (aprox. half of second) - see video which I posted - probably Karma comes by itself without any "Human" approval - I think I can even trigger server (it's 451 anyway) to ban player using those 451 natives (and compiling code on a 436 version, lol)... and ban will be auto-lifted next day... I think you can imagine why.
Else, Karma can be active only for a very high score much over others, even for a limited time as a hint for "cool-dude". Even if said cool-dude is not cheating, this is frustrating for others, like a tiger is playing in a yard with hens. If said guy is over-super-duper-skilled I recommend him a PRO server before to warm up spirits, else Bots are not going to be happy - they are the authority in server ;) . Probably if "super-dude" is hunted with no mercy by Bots it will notice that it's not the case for being the best with such a score difference and not for a ping going over 200+... Seriously, if I'm thinking well I can make more fun of him/her until score gets more balanced - that is the only math which I need to rent from common scoreboards, the rest it's too funny even for writing these... I might fell from chair laughing only if I'm thinking what is doable toward

Code: Select all

var Playerpawn SuperD;
A more domestic usage:
- using a lower speed according to score - more score = more slow movement. If you are so skilled it's time to prove it.

And then password can be passed/changed according to a configuration. Only players listed in ini will receive this option and... it can be changed when it has to, + logging all usage. When it's used log everything, every said player with data accordingly (+ other things from Cute player punished).
EUTDeathMatchPlus already has entertaining logs. We can define even "exceptions" for not being abused and here we might convincing them to keep their names if they want to be relaxed else evil things will happen. - Yes, server's name gave me such ideas, it's time to find what does it means "Evil".

My problem comes if majority won't have any clue what to do even if they see the cheater - they are not even using KickVotes which MapVote has, so probably this mod needs to be very clever itself and automated, probably even using a maps list where won't work due to geometry or such...

But... before to setup this party I might want to check more that EUT thingy which has even a server demo-record option... Here, will be easy to gain evidences directly from authority - if this really works...
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -