goChristmasLights

Share source code that can be compiled/de-compiled here.
Kelly

goChristmasLights

Post by Kelly »

goChristmasLights.7z
(4.51 MiB) Downloaded 321 times
This is a fun add-on for the holiday season. Included in the zip is the usable mod and source code. Since I'm lazy AF I'll just copy the readme...
Spoiler
This is a simple Christmas mod to help set the festive mood for your server. It spawns colorful lights across the map, replaces the pickups with themed items, and adds a couple of new themed monsters.

Use:
ServerPackages=goChristmasLights
Mapvote/Server startup/Mutators: goChristmasLights.ChristmasLights

This mod should run OK even if other replacement mods are currently being used. It will only replace the stock items and not anything else. The titans were coded so they won't break maps if they are needed to trigger things by dying. Only stock titans will replace too, though titans with drawscale changes should be properly replaced with new titans of the same size.

Here's the ini rundown:
UseLights=true <--Use the colorful lights (they will not interfere with or react to the players or anything else)
SpawnAtInventoryOnly=false <--Set to true to make lights on pickups only (this will skip pathnodes and create far fewer lights)
lightSize=0.800000 <-- .2 is small, 1.5 is huge
LightHeight=50 <--height above the item that the light will spawn, zero will be right on the item
UseItemReplacements=true <--set to true to replace the items in the map
UseChristmasTitan=false <---only set ONE of the next three lines to true if you want to use this
UseSnowTitan=false
UseBothTitans=true <--50% chance of either one being used to replace (random)

Source code is included in the mod. You are free to use it however you like.

-Kelly
"gopostal"

Questions? My email is agutgopostal@hotmail.com
Complaints? Don't care.

Credits:
-Dots for showing me how to properly replace pawns
-Casey and Han for advice on proper replacement methodology to preserve map integrity
-Bob for various things all over the code
-The original Xmas lights mod is someone else's work(?). I copied much of it and tweaked it to be more useful
-Some of the pickup models were done by Dane
-Christmas titan skin was done by GoldenGirl. Yeah, it's a bit garish but I love his work and he's a great guy
-Rocky, for good advice and suggestions
If you are a coder there is some useful stuff in here you might like. The snow titan throws ice boulders at you that will break apart, stick to walls, and melt away while dripping. The Christmas titan throws presents at you that explode into brightly colored balls that bounce around and explode. I took care to do the titan replacements in a way that won't break maps so use the replacements without worry. If replacing a titan would break a map then the mutator will skip that titan. As far as I could tell in usage they never created problems in any map so the protocol I used to check replacements might be of interest for you if you are doing monster replacing on a mass scale.
I don’t wanna give the end away
but we’re gonna die one day
medor

Re: goChristmasLights

Post by medor »

I ave only light worked ....may be you ave a readme for noob ?

To use with EavyDarkmatchIII :mrgreen:
medor.no_ip.org
Kelly

Post by Kelly »

Do you have this set to true:

UseBothTitans=true

and the other two set to false? This will only replace standard titans. If you have custom titans already then it will skip them. Load up MH-Trench and test it using that map and you'll see how it works.
I don’t wanna give the end away
but we’re gonna die one day
medor

Post by medor »

Oh it's specific for MH maps :D
I ave try DM , CTF and summon normal titans

for the true false i have test a lot combinations after read the readme
the last is
[goChristmasLights.ChristmasLights]
UseLights=true
SpawnAtInventoryOnly=false