MegaCache dump, let's start with a bang :)

Share source code that can be compiled/de-compiled here.
Kelly

MegaCache dump, let's start with a bang :)

Post by Kelly »

Hyper is a well known and super respected member of Unreal's community. Since the start of Unreal he has been saving all of his cache files and this past year he shared them with others in the Unreal community. Bob and I spent a couple of weeks decompressing *everything* and cleaning it up to see what was actually in there. It was way better than I ever hoped.

If you are a developer/coder and you played back in the day I promise you that you'll find some VERY cool stuff in here that you had totally forgotten about. I've spent the last year combing through it to find mods that I considered long lost. It's worth your time if you need a good searchable code folder to use with NotePad++ to find examples or if you just want to look at mods both new and very old.

What's included:
21,700 individual classes. 7zipped it's 4.4MB but opens up to 56MB of just pure class scripts. Remember some strange mod you played in Unreal? It's probably in there.

What's available: I also have the textures and sounds folders that go along with this but they are very large. Textures is 2.3GB and sounds is 850MB. If you want those just let me know and I'll work out sharing them. I also have the u, utx, uax, etc files.
MegaCacheClasses.7z
(4.3 MiB) Downloaded 342 times
Credits go to Hyper for saving for so long and for sharing with the rest of us. Consider all of this as orphan code, I do not have permissions for any of it but likely the people who made it are long gone anyway.

Personal aside:
SC]-[WARTZ and I have talked about posting source code for a while now. He's going to allow me to post what I've acquired over the years and share it with the community. I certainly do not claim ownership of anything just by posting it and very likely I decompiled the source myself to look at it and I probably didn't get permission to do that. If you use anything posted in here it might be a good idea to contact the person who made it and let them know but so few people respond any more or are even around that I am beginning to consider just about anything fair game. That's why I'm posting what I've got. There's a ton more to come as I get time to post it all. Enjoy!
I don’t wanna give the end away
but we’re gonna die one day
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Site Admin

Re: MegaCache dump, let's start with a bang :)

Post by SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} »

Would be interesting to see if I have any backup UT installs with old cache files as well. Might have to do some digging now. By the way that is alot of uc classes.
medor

Post by medor »

if you want search in it i upload unzipped here http://medor.no-ip.org/index.php?dir=UE ... codeshare/
medor.no_ip.org
Kelly

Post by Kelly »

That's a terrible way to search these files. I can do three searches with notepad in the time it takes the page to load, and I still can't see the code without downloading the class.

If you are interested in these, download the zip and open it onto your desktop. You can then very quickly search the files with grep or NotePad++. There's no way to build an online database to contain almost 22,000 pages of code and make that searchable in any useful way (unless you are google I guess). BTW the class names won't help a whole lot, you really need to just use this as a searchable source for code reference. I will tell you that there are some hidden gems in there, stuff that has never been released. Lots of admin tools, cheat protection, etc. Some of it is legacy but some of it is still used.
I don’t wanna give the end away
but we’re gonna die one day
medor

Post by medor »

Now you ave open i think the cash ave do the work for better open and google to come all days
medor.no_ip.org