[LATEST] ACEv10f build

An anti-cheat developed by AnthraX for UT99.
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Site Admin

[LATEST] ACEv10f build

Post by SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} »

anth wrote:*** UPDATE3 ***

Reuploaded again to fix false positive detections on certain maps.

*** UPDATE2 ***

I reuploaded the package again to include a fix for timeout issues some people were seeing on servers running behind NAT firewalls. Once again, this updated package can be installed on top of the previous one, as it does not include any client-side changes.

*** UPDATE ***

I reuploaded the package to include a fix for the timeout issues some people were seeing on certain maps. This updated package can be installed on top of the previous one, as it does not include any client-side changes.

*** INTRODUCTION ***

Hello everyone. I thought I'd drop a new version of ACE here to get this section started. The most notable changes since v1.0e are:

* [FIXED] Timeout issues on servers with 32+ network interfaces
* [FIXED] General protection fault during map switches on the client side
* [ADDED] Support for a lot of new skins (e.g., the official UT v400 hi-res skins), renderers (e.g., OldUnreal XOpenGLDrv), mods

A full list of changes is available at:
http://utgl.unrealadmin.org/ACE/changes.txt

*** INSTALLATION ***

If you are currently running NPLoader v1.7 (which comes with ACE v1.0+), the installation is fairly straightforward: just unzip the package in your server's root folder and reboot the server.
If you are not running NPLoader v1.7, then please refer to the INSTALL.txt document included in the package.

*** CONFIGURATION ***

Please refer to the SETTINGS.txt document included in the package.

*** KNOWN ISSUES ***

Installation Issues: Some other testers have reported issues installing the server files. Most of these are caused by outdated system libraries. Please note that you will need glibc 2.15 or later on Linux. Linux distributions released before 2012 might have older versions of glibc.

A second problem seems to occur for certain admins running x86_64 Linux servers. These admins might see the following error message:
Code:

Code: Select all

Path to the PlayerManager: /data/ut-server/System/PlayerManager/ACEv10f_M
ACE: ERROR - Communication with PlayerManager failed - poll errno: 4 Interrupted system call
ACE: ERROR - PlayerManager Connection Failed
[ACEv10f]: ERROR: ACE could not spawn the PlayerManager.
[ACEv10f]: ERROR: ACE is now disabled.
ACE: ERROR - PlayerManager Connection Shutting Down!

This is most likely caused by a corrupted PlayerManager file. Please make sure that you upload the files in binary mode rather than text mode!

Timeouts during check spawn: Although ACE v1.0f likely fixes this issue, I cannot rule it out completely. You can enable extra logging in the server log to help figure out why these occur by adding these settings to the server ini file:

Code: Select all

[ACEv10f_S.ACENICHelper]
bDebug=1

Kick logs that say "Not kicking because bStrictSystemLibraryChecks is set to false": This is not technically an issue. ACE v1.0 has some very aggressive detection routines that detect a lot of legitimate external programs (e.g., Fraps, Display Drivers, Sound drivers, virus scanners...) because they do terrible things to your system DLLs. If you see this kick status, just ignore the log. The player will not be kicked.
ACEv10f.zip
SHA-1: 59460a7eb59d093b5e02a91f9dafc386980386d1
MD5: cfb112c849e900a09cbf11d746a70867
(2.71 MiB) Downloaded 474 times
D13GO_{HoF}

Re: [LATEST] ACEv10f build

Post by D13GO_{HoF} »

.................. i wait for update4,5 and 6 :P
D13GO_{HoF}

Post by D13GO_{HoF} »

Got Kicked from Vulpine Server because ACE 10f detected the EnhacedItems.u File, with 10e however is fine
Screenshot
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Site Admin

Post by SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} »

This kick doesn't surprise me one bit. Wormbo recompile this mod many times without changing the name hence the many mismatches you'll get between different hosted game servers. I hope someday to never have too use that mod for any of my servers.
Kelly

Post by Kelly »

I never understood this either. It makes a lot of his work VERY hard to use because he built most everything outward from this package. Almost all of his mod work needs the U file to function and it's compiled with it in the resident memory. It makes extracting anything from the mods a right pain even though he's very liberal with permissions.
I don’t wanna give the end away
but we’re gonna die one day
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

And I have NEVER understood why SERVER related mutators needs to be loaded by clients. This is not a stock file so it will not cause pain for running UT.
It has:
  • EIDeathMessageMutator
    EIDeathMessageSpawnNotify
    EIDMMutator
    EIEffects
    EIUseHoldable
    EnhancedAmmo
    EnhancedArena
    EnhancedDeathMessage
    EnhancedKeyBindings
    EnhancedMutator
    EnhancedProjectile
    EnhancedWeapon
    EWindowCheckbox
    EWindowComboControl
    EWindowDialogClientWindow
    EWindowEditControl
    EWindowPageWindow
    EWindowPulldownMenu
    EWindowPulldownMenuItem
    EWindowRightClickMenu
    HoldablePowerup
    HoldableUseMessage
    JumpbootsDummy
    MultiPickupPlus
    NoAlwaysAutoActivate
    PickupPlus
    PlayerShell
    PlayerShellEffect
    PlayerSphere
    ShieldBeltDummy
    ThighPadsDummy
    TimedPowerup
Mainly these are AUTHORITATIVE things - server related things and client should stay with CACHE.
By example I don't have this stuff in my clean client used ON-Line and then I have survived in many servers without being kicked. So to speak - these kicks are entirely PLAYER'S fault not ACE :P :lol:
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.
- Pablo Picasso -
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

I've installed in a private environment ACEv10f in a XC_Engine v23 server using spread resources - non-standard paths. Server support - Win 7. Except kicking for another generation of XC_MonsterHunt and the need for white-listing it, I did not see major issues at all. Perhaps it's time to see how does it works in some NFO environment...
Edit: Results summary
- managed NFO M.G.S doesn't use administrator account so I think thios is a problem, ACE won't load PlayerManager and goes disabled automatically only lagging server at travel task and dropping player who need to reconnect in order to regain the game - no crashes but... it's useless.
- "Tiny" test server with XC v21 do seems to work properly - this server runs in VDS under Administrator account and then it doesn't look as having issues.

If you want to setup ACE in Evil Sniper server let me know and then we have to discuss about a few minutes of a server outage for updating configuration files. Final point will be starting server and testing how does it responds. Until that moment I'll test how do works ACE if it starts with a delay...
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.
- Pablo Picasso -