Builders helpers for UT Editor

Development assistance and tutorials here.
Nelsona

Re: Builders helpers for UT Editor

Post by Nelsona » Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:01 pm

Preparing future needs - I forgot them but they have to be solved.
DevPath depending on people's opinion might have funny bugs or... for A.I. lovers might be really dumb, a not very salty joke.

Teleporter in UT has an incomplete code and it's not like DevPath takes this in account. Teleporter disabled heads pawn through this route until pawn is closer. Next move is stopping it by routing MoveTarget to None because it's disabled. If Pawn needs to move more behind Teleporter this is a Blocker. If Teleporter is active but is only a Source and not a Destination in the same time, it will Teleport or throw Pawn (swJumpad) into destination even if Pawn wants other things. I can create scenario for completing understanding but I think it's a waste of time only for demonstrating clearly what I'm trying to explain. In a recent pathing work I did paths manually but it's not like automated script should not be more smart. If plain DevPath is messing up the stage probably my clumsy builder will have another deal.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.
- Pablo Picasso -

Nelsona

Re: Builders helpers for UT Editor

Post by Nelsona » Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:38 am

XC_PathsWorker it looks like has Teleporters problem solved but I think Editing a path is doable easier without tracking an Index of Path needed to be modified. In order to make things more easy and fast there it will be another bAutoMoveCDtoAB option capable for simple routing a ReachSpec. We don't need a Path from PathNode0 to PathNode12, we want a Path from PathNode0 to PathNode8. All we need is to complete Nodes names as C and D as original Path and writing new Names for future path as A and B. Of course if anything else needs to be corrected, ReachSpec Index which was moved is printed in log and then any future touch for this path is doable later (changing moving flags). When capturing nodes names is done automatically, Node A and B as Target nodes are captured too in TempReachSpec for making things more handy.
By activating required option and pressing build button, ReachSpec is moved and Nodes Lists updated - if nodes are not overcrowded or else ReachSpec is edited but not used. This movement of a Path will copy Collision data and moving flags automatically so it's advisable to have future moved path in a similar place format but in another spot where path is usable.
EditMoveCDToAB.PNG
EditMoveCDToAB.PNG (10.36 KiB) Viewed 22 times
This way is easy to get rid of a path that we don't need, by making it useful elsewhere.
At end of the task, an inspection concerning a fix option or reachSpecs defragmenting doesn't hurt.

Self messaging: Nelsona, I think you have all the necessary endowment to work on navigation paths and execute them correctly to be processed without errors from UE1 and not loading bytes without use only to ensure that navigation is usable by A.I.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.
- Pablo Picasso -