DemoRecords in Server - Notes, facts tested

Development assistance and tutorials here.
Cool Cat

Re: DemoRecords in Server - Notes, facts tested

Post by Cool Cat »

Just recorded.
Map: DM_SniperTown
Server: -=][-=NFR=-][=-Evil's Freestlye Sniper Deathmatch
sniper12.zip
(2.36 MiB) Downloaded 179 times
Image Image
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

So... demo taken from NFR, good to see that access was finally granted...
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.
- Pablo Picasso -
Cool Cat

Post by Cool Cat »

Nuclear insanity on White Houses and InDaCrib maps:
nomercy.zip
(4.3 MiB) Downloaded 159 times
indacrib69.zip
(2.84 MiB) Downloaded 165 times
Image Image
Cool Cat

Post by Cool Cat »

Team Death Match on Unreal Mayhem sniper server. Unfortunately on UM servers (maybe because they 469) my demo shows to me then in slow-mo. I don't know why. I use 451 version and i have no idea how to fix that. It's to bad, cause that match was excellent. My gameplay shows how important is dodge jump with antigravity boots on server with Double Jump mutator - you literally can fly on server and be tough target for other players. Note that my opponents in this match is famous players. But flying gamestyle gives me huge advantage.
TDM on UM sniper server.zip
(6.2 MiB) Downloaded 78 times
Image Image
Cool Cat

Post by Cool Cat »

UPDATE: I figured out why DEMO from UM server shows slo-mo on my computer. It is because UM server is 469b and my UT99 is 451. IF i run DEMO on 469b UT99 - there is no slow-mo. So much for backward compatibility and hundreds hours of testing by anth team! By the way, does anybody saw this team? Is there really is a team, or anth is doing stuff alone?
In like 5 minutes(!) i found 3 mistakes in XP version of 469b patch:
1) Murky fonts - very annoying.
2) Voise pack menus not shown proplerly when listed down with mouse keys.
3) Bad compatibility of DEMOs recorded on 451 systems connected to 469 server.

Is this really a patch of a dream that we been promised? Meh... I staying on 451 cause i want to see normal fonts and menus that working flawlessly.
Image Image
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

As far as I know generally demo-records need the same files for being played. I faced this issue since years. Some people were showing demos in their web-sites, I don't remember a single file running in my machine. Clearly if you run a demo on 436 which was recorded with 451, that's no way... because 451 player might have serious flaws when is joining to a 436 server, and no these are not perfectly compatible, UTPG abandoning UT like rats are running from a burning boat.
And 469 with those changes will go in a similar stage - not very backward compatible.
I was pointing what does it needs to be done in a "patch" for fixing UT - adding needs in Editor, fixing critical points for run-time (Game-Engine)... but I was talking at walls while some boy was hijacking thread constantly, triggering discussions having nothing "on-topic" but only mooing spam all over the place while his contribution for UT was mainly useless since his day one.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.
- Pablo Picasso -
Cool Cat

Post by Cool Cat »

Luckily Swartz server is 451, so i recorded a fine demo with you, where i running with a knife a lot... :lol: Anyway it's a good DEMO.
GUNFAMENELSONA.zip
(2.43 MiB) Downloaded 135 times
Image Image
Cool Cat

Post by Cool Cat »

For low skill players, who still screams at me that i am a "cheater", despite admin present on server and ACE installed there. I recorded a 2 demos RIGHT now. Both are maps that i do like. I don't show there some unreal results, partially because double jump broken on Evil's server and partially because play against ~14 players is not easy. But i win both matches in a row.
Here are the demos i did just now:
march2024.zip
(7.05 MiB) Downloaded 1 time
bistro2024.zip
(6.31 MiB) Downloaded 1 time
Image Image