NavAdder mutator

Mod development and tools for UE1 game titles here.
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Site Admin

Re: NavAdder mutator

Post by SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} »

Nelsona wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:37 pm A repeated occurrence:
There are a few maps unsigned but somehow playable well with fine tuning (various fixes). For some of them I've already a fixed version where I can do small revisions and checks. I guess if map was fixed doesn't worth a second work around it for making required patch files just for keeping original messed up one - makes no sense.
Sample MH-Raid - several fixes are doable to triggers and the rest but... I have already one with Bot support and working fine, I think I can even delete original one from my storage, doesn't worth wasting space.
What do we have to do for such cases ? Uploading fixed map and removing forever the borked one or working twice for no reason ?
I say upload the fixed map. Doesn't make sense to work twice if fixed version is working.
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

All right, but first I'll drop it on my testing environment for a few ON-Line tests in order to see if something won't need corrections.
I need these tests as long as I could see a bit differences at Bot's velocity ON-Line. First test in MH-Mixed was a failure at some teleporter shortcut, Bots constantly falling from a ledge directly in lava and never getting the ground (high skilled setup). Off-Line I tested them in Godlike skill but things were different, they were always being able to move forward. Purpose is to have a good game doesn't matter where does it run.
EDIT:
Now I think I know why I was aborting for a while the work around this map 2 years ago.
Game has crashed toward a "Pawn.TraceShot" thing. I was the pawn firing minigun against a Titan. Titan did a "tacticalMove" and went into a retarded teleporter around. The traceshot I guess was failing the trace for a pawn suddenly moved, and ScriptDebug did not help that much to figure what happened. I held in memory last server instance before red flag and then I checked map, definitely teleporter did some funky stuff because this sort of crash did not happen last time at all until this occurrence.
Due to these 2 teleporters messing up in last area I believe that map is a sort of crash-test as long as those teleporters doesn't have other purpose than rushing map before killing Titans and messing up in teleporting insanity.

Now I have to look at teleporter code and TraceShot because I think I'm going to try figuring how to put them in the right timing... grr, I hate this stuff...
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.
- Pablo Picasso -
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

First post updated.
In module P_RDARK[FINAL] - client side, was a server code which was not good right there. New package Gen2 is now in a good state. It is advisable to not be used previous one even it doesn't include critical bugs. This is a replacement, for details see source-code.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
imyourmomma_{HoF}

Post by imyourmomma_{HoF} »

Played the Raid mh map. Works really nice.
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

I was trying some good setup. In a random case probably Bots (or even human) might fall into one of those useless holes placed there... - but design integrity is a priority when a map is being adjusted/fixed/improved.

Some one went busy with a remake, not sure when did happen, another return to BirdBrained is being loaded in some servers and... nothing like a real improvement. 500 health + DJ makes any of these versions more funny for unlocking items than challenging. I won't insist here with debates...
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

First Post has been updated. A new patching archive is available for map MH-Deep(v2) by Cardiologist.
Map's Checksums:
  • CRC-32: a17c4376
    MD5: be53878943221539e25ffe9ade44e774
    SHA-1: 1983a00b0cc3ad52337c0a14f0c3c77378722d5f
    SHA-256: cb93f461ceba2856184115a9096c4d8a97e5082d35efd0544f9a98701d71ae77
    SHA-512: f20fa606ccfc00b24debedaae7a6dd76bbd1d7c242f7b2fb42fb5b545e5c4470fc0e850bef05f76ac6f21e2c896dac6b243e689cf58cf221564885ed87a3fe3b
Operations:
- adding paths because map is pretty empty and useless at this point;
- correcting doors - a door TriggerToggle will ignore bTriggerOnceOnly because this is how do works a TriggerToggle thing and not how a mapper is thinking;
- adding MonsterEvent messages for figuring objectives;
- adding Waypoints for helping a bit A.I. - mainly advanced MH versions will work somehow nice here;
- adding more light in Start Location - I think it was way too dark - addressing client player because server doesn't use light, server can see map with no such lightning issues;
- cough - I don't know what are you guys thinking, but those coronas are TOO BIG, are really annoying - What are for these effects anyway making eyes to bleed ? These have been reduced in client because client it's bugged, at least I was feeling bugged;
- those lamps aka lantern have been turned into more shining ones because they were like some cadavers with huuge coronas. Are you serious ? :lol:
- in first hunting area there are added 2 guns (ripper and minigun) - I think we can have more than 4 weapons here and I don't see why not;
- paths are added as Server-Side preserving spots for 2 weapons which are added VIA common package Client-Server trying to prevent any lag toward the appearance of any new actor un-mapped in original. New spots are using a state code, in case of a failure they will not intensively charge CPU while they are trying to get a weapon in range.
Mission Description:
Walk through middle area for killing 3 SkaarjGunners (they use UT_eightball, lol Cardi). After killing them (even Bot will walk around their areas) a door to some "Maze" is open for killing 75 pupaes - paths for A.I. are unlocked. They are more than that but 75 are enough for opening The Door to Brutes - also paths are unlocked for this area. When Behemoth boss is dead, a final door is open heading to DevilFishies area. When Big DevilFish is dead and player is roaming in his original area map is being ended. Bot is helping in map but player participation might be required if Bot is rushing mission.
Remark:
Map worth patching and pathing in run-time because it's one of those Levels where geometry is worked properly (USING INTERSECTING/DEINTERSECTING) without doing duplicated adds and subtracts and also is way nice aligned - very good job, Cardi, very good :) . The rest of settings can be adjusted in run-time returning a good Level for game-play. I've added this yesterday back into my MH stage.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
imyourmomma_{HoF}

Played MH-Deep yesterday before the patch was added. So played it again this morning. I always liked the map. Even nicer with bot support now.
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

It's V2 the version intended for patch job, I have to check if files have been loaded, idk if Schwartz did this already or not, I'll figure later. But... as recall, I'll look at so called v1 to see what's the deal there. To be honest, if these maps needs paths and tweaks I prefer to see them empty rather than fixing rammed things. It's way easy to construct navigation in empty spots that tweaking any old wrong one.
You'll see when patch files are added because start location has more light than default map without them.
The only thing disturbing me at these works is the requirement for new stuff, more maps have to be patched using particular solutions due to their different configurations - and this is time consuming, exactly what I don't like all the time.

Edit: While I was looking in banners, I saw running map Too_Much_HP or such. Perhaps a bit of action from Bots won't hurt, or it's not a fancy funny Level for play ?
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
imyourmomma_{HoF}

I did notice that at the start of the MH-Deep2 map the more lighting.

MH-2MuchHP or however it is on HoF. It's an ok map. Don't know if bot support is necessary. Kind of a simple map with tentacles at the start and then rooms off
to the sides that open and have monsters in them. After I played Deep2 this morning, I played FreeCaptialCity. I like that map also. It would be good with bot support. There are two versions on HoF. The FreeCapitalCity2o0 is the better one to me.

Any map you want to work on is fine to me. And some maps that need a lot of work I understand it would take too much time and be a headache. So maybe not worth the effort. Projects should be fun and something you want to do. I'm just glad we got MH servers to play on and appreciate all the work you do for MH yet.
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

I'll tell you a sample of map where maybe you want to get covered by Bots but, I'm not sure if they can do that without do hack map's mechanics and trying to stay compatible with original or else some players will get confused - or new things have to be hinted VIA MonsterEvent Messages.
Such a map is CrystalMine2, there is a button opening a door which is placed out of door line, also a big lift having button in other room. If you are advancing in map, in case of original setup you'll never have Bots covering you but they will push walls trying to reach at triggers. In such maps we need some hacks because LiftExit type which I did for Sk_Tarmation2 will not help. But I'll look at that "CapitalCity" to figure what is about.
To not forget mentioning that oversized maps are not compatible with DevPath being over Engine's boundaries. Such a map is CrystalMine3 (works at limit veeery closer to end) and then CrystalMine4, LostInTimeVx (any version) and others like these useless as big as they are - OUT of UE1.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -