NavAdder mutator

Mod development and tools for UE1 game titles here.
Nelsona

Re: NavAdder mutator

Post by Nelsona »

Okay, I've spent a few minutes looking at that MH-FreeCapital... map, it looks like has BSP problems, not that entertaining and routes doesn't looks that promising.
I started match ordering Bots to cover me and I used my manual run-time paths creator for generating a few nodes, Bots did not follow me through that rat-hole type and I was looking up to see what they do... interesting picture... Then I went into Editor, eh, if anyone wants to change stuff here, do it, author doesn't seems interested to finish this map.
FreeCapital_00.PNG
FreeCapital_00.PNG (346.85 KiB) Viewed 8591 times
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.
- Pablo Picasso -
imyourmomma_{HoF}

Post by imyourmomma_{HoF} »

Darn, Yeah I forgot about a few strange places on that map. I was thinking the other version didn't have it, but it has a few also.
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

So, back into stage.
I went to a quick check around map "2muchhp" which do seems unsigned.
What exactly do we have there ?
By looking at Events vs Tags map is retarded from all angles - the level of this "mapper" was at frog's knee. No one could ever see those MonsterEvent messages from so called end room because they are crapped. Titans are not opening last door because they are triggered by door - USELESS - they won't do too much noise anyway, and the last door can be opened anytime during game making morons to finish map without to clean all rooms and frustrating those which wants to play the Level - map has good geometry (cubes usually are more stable than other format) but setup there is utter trash. It works as it is but has no logic either and those Events have no purpose.
Now it comes the question if worth fixing map for having a new MH map file or simply... doing some nice patching things in order to fix the mess and also... a few nodes for a better Bot cover support.
Walls have place for some decorations - even that can be triggered showing some stuff on "screen", I'll think if worth or not, but we can lock last door until everything is dead and happily replacing idiotic Nalis with something else more challenging. I think it's time to clarify this mess once forever.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Bumping with a few notes.
"2MuchHp"
*self-defaming mode on
(aka too many gizmo type MH mappers) do seems to be configured from 24 brushes (cubes, dudes, only cubes) which are pretty much miss-aligned at least at an 8 UU grid and this task is doable even by a 5 years old kid playing with wooden cubes - I don't get why like that. At end of Level we have some sort of Event never seen because this guy has no clue about such things, but we can bring into stage the message which I don't know which one could see all these years - except maybe some "fixed" versions of this map:
  • Good Job U Guys Made It. ( Made Be Speedy!!!)
We so grateful so far if this messed up thing was "Made Be Speedy" which cannot sign maps at LevelInfo due to the poor number of brain-cells involved into thinking process.
*self-defaming mode off
Operations executed in testing stage before releasing patch files - properly this time I'm guessing, (I think my eyes have started to cheat me).
- Adding paths and objectives for bringing Bots into the rooms with monsters;
- Bots are blocked in front of rooms by an E_HuntNode Navigation actor if are engaged with an enemy - advanced MH versions are working pretty nice;
- PlayerStarts - ALL have been sent higher (into server not client) because are generating Navigation borks which Bot will not get as a good usable stuff - if this will be a problem then I will increase their cost for avoiding them;
- Doors (Movers) are relocated into the right position without to have small spots allowing a projectile to pass without opening them and they have been modified for being opened by Events not by map-runners "aka hunters";
- Some "rock-placards" (from pictures taken 2 days ago with my intelligent/clever/smart phone in my boss's yard) have been added (only in client) for figuring which door is open, which is the first and which is the next and the last, and so on;
2MHP_00.PNG
2MHP_00.PNG (1.05 MiB) Viewed 8542 times
- Last room - eh, I don't get the presence of those UTTERLY USELESS Nali Pawns. They have been scheduled for destruction during one second or less randomly - to gain a smoother elimination process - perhaps here we do need some light (I think), or some Skaarj, or not...
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
imyourmomma_{HoF}

Post by imyourmomma_{HoF} »

Lighting at the end would be nice. What about a swarm of flies at the end? Or gasbags? Skaarj that come running out might be fun also.
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

All right, so far we do have a bit of light added in the last spot/room/hall or such, and the light from middle of arena has been reduced (it was 255 - max bright) making walls way to shinny for no purpose. There, in last room will be the new factor, some new Skaarj with their last effort to stop hunters imported from map by self person MH-Sk_Godz...
I went to a few changes in paths because in the middle, where I removed InventorySpots paths weren't linked well, something is evil when a spot has such hacks, I did not see this in a single map, but linking other paths over that zone seems doable, as I could see we have links from-to different corners of map which are navigable in big parts. There are a few safer spots (XCGE and queen madness might be too strong in maps too reach in paths) but here Bot is engaged if it's getting lost by a sort of "map-brain" guiding it to a nearby node in range. So due to map geometry probably Bot will be impossible to get stuck somewhere or to camp useless entire game - I think I'm not wrong here.

I was about to setup a dynamic screen about some planned battle by Liandri and N.E.G. - Tentaclus and friends VS Hunters, but already client package has 5 MB (uncompressed) so I think is enough before to become a stupid thing and too many hours of work at an ass-map.

I'll write a small info doc and then probably we can have it shared in public.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

First post has been updated with Patch files required by NavAdder for map MH-2MuchHP.
File's checksums
  • CRC-32: 99846200
    MD5: d82b1e616e6b1893c9b2f1e214f83d87
    SHA-1: 5984dca4a4d060dc0ed53faab0e1989944fdf9c0
    SHA-256: f88e76a92403a580878d068a56485c66e74022c7b9a3c2e1b730d7df3021570c
Patch configuration: 2 files server-side and server+client.
Adds/Changes:
- Navigation Network + objectives for Bots specific to original MH versions (works also in attached MH versions well polished);
- Doors changes - entire map mechanics is changed in order to prevent rushing and these have been MOVED because they were way too miss-aligned;
- Map will have new Counters, SpawnPoints (type keypoint), a New CreatureFactory type with changes for MH;
- Light in first room is adjusted because I think was too bright and last room will have also some light;
- Useless Nali pawns have been eliminated - Were annoying as hell;
- For figuring the order of hunting 1, 2,... client player will have some placards attached nearby doors. Map starts with number 1 and next door is open only when 2 Bosses are dead and not when 2 evil players are opening all rooms and then leaving game like cowards.

In case of any failure we might have updates for fixing problems.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Site Admin

Post by SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} »

Added NavAdder for map MH-2MuchHP to the XC_MH server. :D
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Good to find other feed-back if possible...
I was looking over some map called Tarnished, has paths but has overload too, right now I was looking over NavigationPoint class unlocking some properties for Editor in order to figure a more domestic way to get rid of borked points without to ruin network in range, so to speak I want to gain access to those constants and to attack only things heading from and to that point like it never existed but keeping the rest untouched.
Also this map in cause doesn't have any MH specific objective and looking at useless stuff added, whoever did pathing here is not that skilled but the rest of setup is not that bad. Of course some polygons could be merged but this is not a major issue right now.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Site Admin

Post by SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} »

Not to get to side tracked from navadder topic. I see from that last screenshot you posted that you are using XC_Engine 21. Maybe a nice tutorial on a good setup for version 21 would be nice to have here. Then maybe I would use v21 else I will just stay with v20.