NavAdder mutator

Mod development and tools for UE1 game titles here.
imyourmomma_{HoF}

Re: NavAdder mutator

Post by imyourmomma_{HoF} »

That looks much better. I can't wait to see what the finished version looks like. Sure won't miss those holes lol.
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

With all respect and excuses toward "holes-lovers" (pretty much dumb stuff with bad setup). When this map will run in a XC server with NavAdder and modules loaded, holes are going to be occluded... for a nice hunting holiday, and happy deaths during Week-Ends...
Rmv_00.png
Rmv_00.png (203.46 KiB) Viewed 7584 times
Rmv_01.png
Rmv_01.png (549.7 KiB) Viewed 7584 times
Rmv_02.png
Rmv_02.png (508.69 KiB) Viewed 7584 times
These are some a bit adjusted captures - in game are not that bright. Here are set just for figuring the deal.
I got tired of awesome "ideas" - I'm still thinking to restore all monsters with those non-net-audible voices because that setup was only an useless waste of time and loading another texture just for "skins" - seriously monsters perhaps have more textures than map has :| . At least at beginning I splashed some decals in order to make it more nice but I don't see if worth more efforts...
It was more entertaining to setup some monsters randomized a bit in their properties, making them mainly different from a game-session to another, rather than blabbering in the dark and knowing map after playing it 5 times because it was the SAME crapped work at each vote since forever.
Now I'm convinced that UReal-V3 can be more times better with injections than it ever was in original format.

EDIT NOTE:
Whoever wants to participate at doing modules for NavAdder related to some mod for any XC v20+ server, we can debate compiling solutions, cheap methods for small design, ruining borked Movers, adding items - including for Bot's attention not only blind adds, etc. These are helpful and if are done once they will do their job all the time without a permanent packages load, probably I could not think at a better solution for making Levels more friendly.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.
- Pablo Picasso -
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Notes before updating first post (XC MH server is updated at this moment)
I'm not finding myself being smart. Because I'm not smart I have to ask some random questions from time to time during this patching chapter.
One of questions or more questions are as follows:
Row 1) What is about MH-Predator2 ? That's a map somehow ? Who loaded that in server ?
Row 2) What are those "MH-In_der_Disco" junks ? Killing a brute ? Definitely I don't need more than 10 HP to do that. If first map can be ended in 4-5 seconds by jumping in the hole. V2 takes 15-25 seconds to kill monster and finish the awesome Level. Less time than downloading required files for joining...
In_Der_Crap.png
In_Der_Crap.png (1.36 MiB) Viewed 7574 times
Definitely we do need more than 20 MonsterEnd triggers not only 9 pieces, else map would not finish :?:
Signing awesome trash: {UA}i need the reeds
My Brain was whispering > You definitely NEED PILLS properly recommended by a good doctor...

Self note:
After looking over some of those {UA} works (not only one) I can draw a conclusion... I do not need to speak more...
Even after drinking a barrel of beer I would not spread such dumb sh!t for MH admins...

New MH admins note:
Stay away from adding maps having string {UA} - those are only unr files not maps...
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

FIRST post has been updated.
Contains Week-End post-patch (by overwriting default server patch file ) for map MH-super_TomokoV2. All gaming process is automated as usual, nothing is required in configuration just a file copy operation - XC MH server hosted by HOF is updated at this moment.

Another content added is NavAdder's patching files required for map MH-UReal-v3.
Map's checksums:
  • CRC-32: 3ef078b8
    MD5: d02b5fc26883fb0bacc09b617c7522d6
    SHA-1: 941dc76edd9ae96b6973c135751f0f3b974a3600
    SHA-256: e02c226b4d40582699b6b8f56fbd17f4dbd1059324183aa279336b2f5226e044
Patch Notes:
- Deploy A.I. Navigation (Bot Support in stage);
- Changing a few creatures;
- Adding some light and... lamps;
- A new RockTentacle will take place by default using random health and a random projectile type picked from 5 classes;
- Another RockTentacles will show up also randomized during week-end times;
- Small walls attack with a few things;
- Locking holes for preventing useless traps - Monsters are not dying that much there anyway...

This Update is being added in XC_MonsterHunt server hosted at HOF.
That's all for the moment. I'm looking over maps to see which one is the next candidate for some love...
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
imyourmomma_{HoF}

Had time to play most of the mh unrealv3 map. Looks nice. And now its more fun without the holes and running out of light.
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Some opinion/question: Do, you think that I need to setup week-end times including Friday as a day of heavy battling nearby Saturday Sunday ? I think some people are free even Friday at 5:00 PM and maybe they have time to hunt monsters all night long until next day. Eh ? Probably I was wrong by doing other game difficulty only for Saturday and Sunday.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
imyourmomma_{HoF}

I think adding Friday would be good. It's the start of the weekend and more have time to play then.
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Good to know, so in next patches week-end stuff will start with Friday until Sunday.

Perhaps I have to do a small revision and to check if everything works fine with old map BirdBrainedResearch - all stuff is being patched at this time, maybe a small relocation of WayPoint 10 and... some week-end play type would be recommended. At this moment evil actors from there are put down by patch modules (I run that map in my server - it was a pain in the past), and now it's running stable like a rock, probably worth testing in XC MH from HOF because it's a map with a story behind, not a stupid pyramid or a cube with 5 monsters...
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
imyourmomma_{HoF}

BirdBrainedResearch would be fun to have on HoF. Haven't played that map for years. I do like the ones that have a story to them. HTD Liandri maps are fun because of that.
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Reversal reply
Related to HTD some of them respond well at devpath, settings have to be checked because movers generally there have dumb setttings, is a matter of luck if not break map, at least old consoles are spamming server. I never had a clue why nobody explained to the guy how to do setting with less damage. But, because NavAdder means a couple of options, some of them might be patched. If Skaarj Berserker will bite server maybe is time to fix STOCK problems (Epic's junks).

BirdBrainedResearch as a map was a sort of server spammer with that BAD setup, PrecipitationGenerator the main dumb thing in stage. What current patch modules do accordingly:
- Evil actor is quickly scheduled to destruction because it doesn't worth to waste bandwidth;
- Other actors with meshes screwed up are restored until they perform normal animation and then are remapped back;
- If a newbie likes to play there but has difficulty with unlocking weaponry, Bot can help with Minigun and Ripper - at least 2 weapons are better than nothing for new guys to UT (this is not the last thing which I take in account - this game is not only for old people);
- Old grognards cheating doors with GRAB are going to be disappointed - no more bullshitting;
- Bot generally is moving in map (even using brute force) because map has nasty flaws at Navigation;
- Some annoying sliding surfaces have been removed from being ICE like, because this thing did not help - this is server-side tweak, if clients have critical problems here (replication chapter in player movement) then I have to rewrite a package for client - but only if exist problems, I did not have too many - a teleporter was blabbering at random.
Aside, if somehow will be a problem I will not only try to mitigate that, but even some doors with flipping textures are going to be fixed in a new tool (doors from under big merc-cannon) because are ugly at opening.
Skilled people unlocking Heavy weapons won't do damage because super duper weapons from MyLevel are replaced according to 21th century... With all respect for their coder, some lines there were utter trash proving that copy-paste was never good for blind coding.
I did not do many lightning tweaks in that time and... maybe these are not needed.
I will upload this Level, you can figure if Bot works properly almost to last zone, if is lost around waypoint 10, I will rewrite server-side patch file and other stuff.

Edit:
Server is now "up-to-date", BBR is on server with patch files, I'll walk a bit through HTD types...
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -