NavAdder mutator

Mod development and tools for UE1 game titles here.
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Site Admin

Re: NavAdder mutator

Post by SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:05 pm

Nelsona wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:37 pm
A repeated occurrence:
There are a few maps unsigned but somehow playable well with fine tuning (various fixes). For some of them I've already a fixed version where I can do small revisions and checks. I guess if map was fixed doesn't worth a second work around it for making required patch files just for keeping original messed up one - makes no sense.
Sample MH-Raid - several fixes are doable to triggers and the rest but... I have already one with Bot support and working fine, I think I can even delete original one from my storage, doesn't worth wasting space.
What do we have to do for such cases ? Uploading fixed map and removing forever the borked one or working twice for no reason ?
I say upload the fixed map. Doesn't make sense to work twice if fixed version is working.

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:14 pm

All right, but first I'll drop it on my testing environment for a few ON-Line tests in order to see if something won't need corrections.
I need these tests as long as I could see a bit differences at Bot's velocity ON-Line. First test in MH-Mixed was a failure at some teleporter shortcut, Bots constantly falling from a ledge directly in lava and never getting the ground (high skilled setup). Off-Line I tested them in Godlike skill but things were different, they were always being able to move forward. Purpose is to have a good game doesn't matter where does it run.
EDIT:
Now I think I know why I was aborting for a while the work around this map 2 years ago.
Game has crashed toward a "Pawn.TraceShot" thing. I was the pawn firing minigun against a Titan. Titan did a "tacticalMove" and went into a retarded teleporter around. The traceshot I guess was failing the trace for a pawn suddenly moved, and ScriptDebug did not help that much to figure what happened. I held in memory last server instance before red flag and then I checked map, definitely teleporter did some funky stuff because this sort of crash did not happen last time at all until this occurrence.
Due to these 2 teleporters messing up in last area I believe that map is a sort of crash-test as long as those teleporters doesn't have other purpose than rushing map before killing Titans and messing up in teleporting insanity.

Now I have to look at teleporter code and TraceShot because I think I'm going to try figuring how to put them in the right timing... grr, I hate this stuff...

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:53 pm

First post updated.
In module P_RDARK[FINAL] - client side, was a server code which was not good right there. New package Gen2 is now in a good state. It is advisable to not be used previous one even it doesn't include critical bugs. This is a replacement, for details see source-code.

imyourmomma_{HoF}

Post by imyourmomma_{HoF} » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:56 pm

Played the Raid mh map. Works really nice.

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:53 pm

I was trying some good setup. In a random case probably Bots (or even human) might fall into one of those useless holes placed there... - but design integrity is a priority when a map is being adjusted/fixed/improved.

Some one went busy with a remake, not sure when did happen, another return to BirdBrained is being loaded in some servers and... nothing like a real improvement. 500 health + DJ makes any of these versions more funny for unlocking items than challenging. I won't insist here with debates...