That Music Cheat

Technical topics whether its hardware or software.
Nelsona

That Music Cheat

Post by Nelsona »

This is one of my methods in having a joy - as a btw to HK for telling me to listen some music for being more relaxed when spammers are spamming craps in forums :tease: - that's spamming not posting.
While I could read a bunch of posts in mapping sections/threads from various forums what kind of music is required for a map, let's see what Nelsona says toward this chapter. ALL music embedded is useless in time - player won't play map after years being tired of the same stupid music from map, which is not even matching his tastes and will attempt to screw map over and over generating files for repositories without any valid purpose. Why posting here ? Because it's a tech thing but still concerning UT and not only UT...
By running a Winamp on PC while UT is running in my machines output channels goes to UT frequency making music to have a loss of quality - so I won't use any PC related player.
What's the deal ? Something cheap or a hand made audio cable:
AV_JackToJack_Cable.png
AV_JackToJack_Cable.png (48.82 KiB) Viewed 8860 times
And you must have your PHONE around or... ONE of your phones.
One Connector is identical with the other one. First goes into phone's headset - no Mic PIN is required, and the other one in blue connector from PC's sound-card when this is set for TWO channels. We open MasterVolume from system tray.
Master_Volume.png
Master_Volume.png (8.24 KiB) Viewed 8860 times
See Line-In section or my case is Rear Blue In which has to be Un-Muted - Mute box unchecked.
Starting from now on you can fire up your media application having a list with your personal the most loved music FROM YOUR Phone. While you start UT, you can turn off Game's Music volume. By starting application from phone you will hear music at high quality because Input port is not processed in the same way as it's the music passing through PC drivers which are going to be used by two apps in normal stage when a Winamp is used. Result: less PC resources consumed and high music quality and a personal most loved music will run here at once with UT game. Franky I do not need to download X versions of the same map at once with X UMX music files - this is entirely a waste of time, you might see that some of my personal build maps have no music as long as I have my music all time.

PS: And yes, I'm very relaxed, I'm listening music - like normal people, AND I GO MAD when spammers are sh!t posting non-senses instead of something useful or a real-life hint. And now you might understand why for me UMX files are entirely USELESS and it's a waste of time for downloading them and a waste of memory resources when game loads them. And soon are changed because every single player will get tired of the same song which a few guys have asked or not...

Did I say that this music won't stop at server-travel/map-switch or when you exit the game ? No ? My Mistake - I'm not perfect after all...
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.
- Pablo Picasso -
Kelly

Re: That Music Cheat

Post by Kelly »

It was on my to-do list to make a personal music player mod each player could load and use on the server automatically. You just set up the songs you wanted in your own list and the mod would switch the music from whatever was in the map to let you listen to what you wanted. It wouldn't be that hard to do but ultimately I was worried that over-riding every map maker's chosen music may not be the best idea respect-wise. Still there's only so many times I can listen to some crappy 90's dance tune that is oversaturated with treble because the importer didn't understand how to make music files.
I don’t wanna give the end away
but we’re gonna die one day
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

I see more UMX files now days bigger X times than map itself. What's up, dudes ? This is music with map or a map with music ? Let me see... I don't know what the heck is that because my music volume is 0 ZERO. Even at playing MH in a moment I want to hear monsters previously triggered if they are moving or they are sitting before to see them right in front of me - in such a situation I need EARS and no music to mess around. Else, in a sniper server you might want to know when someone has landed around or is running nearby, this is helpful in some maps and is a default radar for low ranges - you can hear enemy before to see him, music is not what you need in such a case, doesn't worth downloading anything. I played a game in Sniper Server and exactly this way made me to have score, I was waiting in a dark spot until I hear some foot-steps and then I checked direction of sound - easy kills without too much skill, and I left in last second for not being shown in Scoreboard :tease: .

As for a party in known maps, the favorite music cannot be replaced with map's music, me one usually I listen what I like and not anything else.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
Kelly

Post by Kelly »

Nelsona wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:16 am As for a party in known maps, the favorite music cannot be replaced with map's music, me one usually I listen what I like and not anything else.
I'm not sure I understand what you mean here Nels? You can set your own music in the client to whatever you want and it can be per-player. I did that with the jukebox in my coop server's hub map. You can use it to select your own music.
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Then back to the start - No downloads, No wasting time, just plug cables and press PLAY (or touch PLAY command).
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
Kelly

Post by Kelly »

Yeah it's a shame there's not an engine level way of letting the client over-ride the music if they choose. Perhaps that's worth asking for in the next patch?
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Speaking about the device delegated with music, phone more exactly, I realized that my old SD card wasn't used at capacity and went damaged - cheap != quality.
It was replaced during warranty with a hilarious explanation from sales-man, no time to discuss what a moron was thinking and said: OMG, was a virus !
A virus - not found with any anti-virus. It's a problem when sales-men start dreaming viruses with eyes open or are seeing a cow climbing on a tree.
Anyway, replaced disk gave me some idea, third party apps could be there for releasing main storage because at a moment updates needed more space. I read over internet some solutions and worked. Making two partitions on SD card - Windows cannot see these on removable drivers but Android and Linux and so on can see and use them for two different purposes - like are two SD cards inserted. The second partition it's used as extension for main storage moving main data from applications third party using "Link2SD" application, a very smarty thing and releasing main storage - another advantage for having Root, you can really clean and solve problems when access to resources is properly granted, else you are not the owner of your phone, it is your owner and you are a slave doing only what that thing wants.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
Cool Cat

Post by Cool Cat »

Nelsona wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:16 am I see more UMX files now days bigger X times than map itself. What's up, dudes ?
I think the record currently holding by file Alien-Weaponry-hypacrite-rage-whispers1.umx
You can find it in UT99 cache folder using search in .txt cache file
That's a biggest UT99 music file i see in my life - 126 mb.
It's a 12 min of music by heavy metal band Alien Weaponry.
Aimp3 shows Length 12.33, 44110 Khz, 1408kbps - standard CD format wave i guess?
I don't understand why so big size? Can it be shrunk in file size somehow?.. :? I do not criticize or complain, I just ask. :?:
Image Image
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

The problem generally is that people are miss-informed (to not use term ignorant). UT as an application on 32 bits it looks like can access 2 GB of memory and it lacks in freeing memory. The last thing needed is a stupid texture file having 800 MB for 3 textures used at 6 walls. Is this somehow completed by a music having 100+ MB ?
Is anyone capable to understand that 2 GB limitation is not that hard to touch now days ? No ? Too bad... Also when UT cannot compress big files I personally believe that those files are not for UT, simple as that - end of story.
I play UT because I don't want to buy a 3000$ video card and a rocket machine for no reason. My default real life it's not around computers and I'm disagree to see a transistor giving me orders - take this as you want.

PS: A serious car accident happened around (December 23 2019) because of a SH!T bugged computer from the car - no one died, that was the luck or the faith...
Buggy things in machines are not a charm after all.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

In next stage of saving x hundred of MB of "NOT on MY TASTES" umx files, I think I'll apply next chapter for being... relaxed.
I'll build a list with BIG UMX files and I'll copy that Null48.umx small tiny little file giving at copies these giant names and getting rid of useless megabytes of data which are not interesting to me because I have my music and... if music from UT is turned off, perhaps also I'll "turn off" the space consumed by these files :tease: .

EDIT:
Lol, music will do a mismatch if it's not conformed correctly, but if it's created a conformed place-holder, definitely connecting to server goes faster than lightning if you prevent loading of 20+ MegaBytes of "spam-noise" and loading only 2KB umx.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -